Latest Analysis View All
December 06, 2018
October 04, 2018
September 19, 2018
Examining Consumer Behavior
IHS Markit Connected Devices & Media Consumption Intelligence Service - Premium combines key addressable market information with in-depth consumer survey data and analysis to provide unparalleled coverage of the connected home.
This includes two main interrelated elements:
Connected Devices datasets provide highly accurate, continuously-updated information on the audio-visual connected device landscape, and on the technology ecosystems that content service providers rely on in order to distribute online media. Supported by a global team of analysts, and covering 75 countries, the service allows any firm with a stake in digital-media-and-technology markets to understand how connected devices can be used to drive demand for a vast array of media distribution services.
New: Consumer research analysis, covering key countries around the world, providing detailed insight and analysis of:
- The overlap of penetration and usage of different media consumption devices, from smart TVs to digital media adaptors
- Interplay and overlap between device ownership and media subscriptions and services
- The relationship between different media service adoption and usage, including online video services and pay-TV packages
- Connected device users and use cases, including detailed analysis of consumer usage statistics and viewing behavior by device and service type
- Analysis of the consumer segment currently not utilizing connected devices and media services, with detailed evaluations of consumer perceptions
- Trend analysis answering why consumers are using connected devices and media services as they do, with comparisons to other segments and countries at different stages of connected devices and media penetration development