Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Access Control & Fire
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (121)
- Advertising (344)
- Automotive Technology (2486)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (151)
- Cinema (666)
- Cloud & Data Center (226)
- Consumer Electronics (1472)
- Critical Communications (27)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (72)
- Digital Media (1797)
- Digital Signage (21)
- Discrete & Process Automation (95)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1147)
- Display Materials & Components (39)
- Electric Motor Systems (75)
- Enterprise IT Security (19)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (263)
- Games (817)
- Healthcare IT (33)
- Large Displays (1249)
- Lighting (90)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (233)
- Managed Services (58)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (192)
- Memory & Storage (217)
- MEMS & Sensors (95)
- Mobile Devices (1134)
- Mobile Innovation (3684)
- Mobile Networks (459)
- Operators & Services (4692)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (70)
- Semiconductor Components (728)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (17)
- Semiconductor Market (516)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1958)
- Small & Medium Displays (1239)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (36)
- Smart Cities (45)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (126)
- Smart Home & Appliances (945)
- Solar (202)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (129)
- Touch & Interface (31)
- Transformative Technologies (48)
- TV Media & Content (2330)
- Video (1113)
- Video Surveillance (73)
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Americas (20)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (49)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - China (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - EMEA (21)
- Counterterrorism & CBRNE Intelligence Service (6)
- Counterterrorism Research Package (8)
- Critical National Infrastructure CNI Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Security Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (27)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (3)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Security Vertical Applications Intelligence Service (2)
- Security Vertical Research Package (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (16)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (3)
ISC West 2019 - Smart HomeApril 23, 2019ISC West is an annual security conference held in Las Vegas. According to event planners, the event boasted more than 30,000 attendees and 950 exhibitors. Of the 950 exhibitors, about 115 were associated with the connected home.Subscribers Only
ADT acquires LifeShieldFebruary 12, 2019ADT on Monday, February 11th, announced that it has acquired LifeShield, in a deal valued at approximately $25 million.Subscribers Only
IoT Case Study: Chordant - Data exchange is a key enabler for smart cities developmentFebruary 04, 2019In this case study, we analyze how the Chordant Internet of Things (IoT) platform functionsSubscribers Only
Smart home and appliances tackle analytics at CES 2019January 17, 2019At CES 2019, there was no shortage of exciting news and buzz for smart home and appliances. Lighting, security cameras, software integrations and voice assistants took center stage in smart home announcements, while for appliances, the big news was on displays, artificial intelligence (AI) and guided cooking.
IoT Case Study: Waze - Beyond navigationDecember 10, 2018The role of Waze in the Internet of Things (IoT)Subscribers Only
Global intelligent ANPR camera market to grow at 16.4 percent CAGR through 2022November 23, 2018The global market revenues from sales of intelligent ANPR devices are forecast to reach $800 million by 2022 and increase at a compound annual growth rate of 16.4 percent.
Is 5G the future of intruder alarm systems?November 05, 2018The shutdown of the 2G network in the United States in 2017 had a ripple effect on the market for intruder alarms, mostly affecting the sales of control panels and communicator modules. With many traditional systems using 2G or PSTN as alarm signal communication paths ahead of the shutdown, the impending mobile network re-farming required upgrades to intruder alarm signalling modules. The increased rates of equipment replacements in the immediate run up to the shutdown date resulted in a much smaller replacement market in subsequent years.
Why connectivity is driving major changes in the Latin America fire equipment marketOctober 31, 2018The global market for fire detection and suppression equipment connected through building management system (BMS) platforms reached $700.8 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.6 percent, through 2022. This rise in connectivity can be seen across all global regions, including Latin America.
Alexa Guard makes waves for DIY security and insurance (but only a ripple for security providers)September 24, 2018Announced last week by Amazon, Alexa Guard turns any Amazon Echo into a security device, using what the company calls “guard mode.” Once in guard mode, Echo devices will send an alert and audio recording to the user’s mobile phone, if it “hears” the sound of breaking glass or if a smoke alarm or carbon-dioxide detector is triggered.
ACaaS and mobile access propelling each other to mainstream adoptionAugust 15, 2018Demand for ACaaS has grown rapidly over the past five years, and this growth is expected to continue. While there have been relatively few attempts to combine ACaaS solutions with mobile access, despite their apparent synergies, this type of integration will become more common over the next five years.
Electronic access control integration is the first stop on the road to smarter buildingsAugust 08, 2018Electronic access control systems are the leading type of security system being integrated into building management system (BMS) platforms. In fact, 29.6 percent of access control equipment shipments — including readers, door controllers and electronic locks — were installed and connected to a BMS platform in 2017.
Fire detection and suppression equipment market to reach $179 million globally in 2022June 26, 2018As data center construction continues to mount due to increasing demand from the Internet of Things (IoT), data center architecture is evolving. For example, data centers are becoming smaller, thanks to increased efficiencies within each data rack resulting in the cost of the building itself superseding the cost of the racks and internal components.
Voice-operated alarm systems expected to grow at a 7 percent CAGR through 2022June 12, 2018Home assistants developed by Amazon, Google and others are changing how consumers interact with connected home devices, including intruder alarms. More alarm systems now offer a voice-command option, allowing users to use Alexa and other smart assistants to arm and disarm their alarm systems.
IoT Case Study: Otonomo: Automotive Data Services PlatformJune 06, 2018Analyzing Otonomo’s automotive data services platformSubscribers Only
Turbulence hits the $12.5 billion alarm monitoring marketMay 07, 2018Despite the increased pressure from do-it-yourself (DIY) systems, the professional alarm-monitoring market is expected to thrive over the next five years, as connected systems supersede traditional alarm-monitoring systems. Traditional alarm monitoring in the Americas region is expected to continue to expand in 2018, but it will start to decline in 2019, as more systems are converted into web-connected offerings.
Amazon is mobilizing against the security industryApril 27, 2018Amazon has been offering security packages to select cities and states in the United States since around December 2017, albeit somewhat under the radar. The company’s security offerings include a smart package, smartest package, indoor base, outdoor base and outdoor plus. Prices for the packages vary from $240 to $840.
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) invigorates traditional security providersApril 16, 2018Access control as a service market revenues are forecast to grow at nearly triple the rate of the traditional access control equipment market over the next five years. The global ACaaS market will grow at a compound average growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5% between 2017 and 2022. The traditional equipment market is forecast to grow with a CAGR of 6.2% over the same timeframe.
The world market for city surveillance equipment exceeded $3 billion in 2017March 28, 2018The world market for security equipment in city surveillance has registered robust growth in the past few years, surpassing $3 billion in 2017.
MONI rebrands to BRINKSMarch 12, 2018Even though the purchasing of intruder alarm systems and smart security systems is increasingly a lifestyle-related choice, rather than based purely on the security and safety needs of the end user, the majority of customers purchasing intruder alarms are usually approached by a security provider or dealer when they move to a new area or through direct home advertising. This requires significant investment in targeted marketing activities which can quickly eat into company profits.