Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (3)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (118)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (19)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (57)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (8)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (15)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (56)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (20)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (27)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (1)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (11)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (15)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (46)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (25)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (25)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (17)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (20)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (12)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (9)
Professional Video & Managed Services - DefinitionsSeptember 03, 2015 Subscribers Only
Can V-Nova squeeze HEVC out of the compression market?April 22, 2015UK-based video encoding start-up V-Nova has unveiled a proprietary compression algorithm called Perseus, which it claims uses a set of technologies that are completely new to the industry, and is a competitor to industry standard MPEG’s next-generation codec HEVC. While little has been disclosed about the technical inner workings and processes behind its compression V-Nova claims that Perseus is more efficient and scales better than HEVC.Subscribers Only
Seizing the 4k content opportunityOctober 13, 2014As household penetration of UHD TV sets is projected to reach 15% by 2019, content providers will have to look into ways to capitalise on the 4K opportunity.Subscribers Only
Telstra raises stake in Ooyala to 98 per centAugust 12, 2014Australian telco Telstra has purchased a further 75 per cent stake in online video platform (OVP) Ooyala for $270m
Google's Global Internet Roll-Out Report - 2014How Google will roll-out global internetJuly 04, 2014Google has recently made several investments in infrastructure and technology companies, including drones, robotics and satellites. How will Google combine these diverse technologies with initiatives such as Loons to provision global internet and expand its own user base?Subscribers Only
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Harris Broadcast splits into Imagine Communications and GatesAirMarch 20, 2014Professional broadcast equipment provider Harris Broadcast will divide into two brand new corporate entities, Imagine Communications and GatesAir. Imagine Communications will provide solutions for delivering and monetizing multiscreen content while GatesAir will focus on TV and radio over-the-air market.
Connected Devices & Media Service Report - 2014February 24, 2014The media managed service industry is booming, almost four-times the size in 2013 as in 2006. The industry has been driven by need for more video transportation over fibre and CDN, and by the requirement for more versions of content for multi-channel and multiscreen consumption.Subscribers Only
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...
Verizon acquired upLynk to enchance its cloud video servicesNovember 19, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US telco Verizon, recently acquired multiscreen start-up upLynk for an undisclosed fee.
Arqiva up for saleOctober 09, 2013Macquarie European Infrastructure Funds (MEIF), managed by Australian finance group Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), is to put its 25 per cent stake in UK managed service provider Arqiva...
Ericsson to acquire Red Bee MediaJuly 01, 2013Swedish technology provider Ericsson intends to strengthen its market position in the media managed services by acquiring Red Bee Media, one of the leading media broadcast services in the UK. The acquisition,...
Ericsson's acquisition of Microsoft MediaroomApril 21, 2013Telecommunications solutions provider Ericsson is to acquire Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV Middleware business. Mediaroom is an IPTV software platform that includes the entire set-top box software stack and also related software that...
SES demo first HEVC Ultra HD broadcastApril 19, 2013On 19th April 2013, satellite operator SES demonstrated the first broadcast of Ultra High Definition (UHD) television using the High-Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC). The demonstration used an Astra Satellite at...
ViXS Demonstrates First HEVC TranscoderFebruary 14, 2013ViXS has demonstrated a new 6-transcode multimedia home gateway system-on-chip (SoC) that supports both decode and encode for HEVC. While ViXS has 6-transcode semiconductors already in-market, the HEVC...