Selected Clear AllCategory - Transformative Technologies
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (223)
- Advertising (462)
- Automotive Technology (2704)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (367)
- Cinema (826)
- Cloud & Data Center (446)
- Consumer Electronics (2250)
- Critical Communications (100)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (169)
- Digital Media (2179)
- Digital Signage (49)
- Discrete & Process Automation (184)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1231)
- Display Materials & Components (116)
- Electric Motor Systems (187)
- Enterprise IT Security (65)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (564)
- Games (1024)
- Healthcare IT (45)
- Large Displays (1419)
- Lighting (161)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (431)
- Managed Services (96)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (307)
- Memory & Storage (387)
- MEMS & Sensors (220)
- Mobile Devices (2267)
- Mobile Innovation (4221)
- Mobile Networks (822)
- Operators & Services (6231)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (148)
- Semiconductor Components (1086)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (44)
- Semiconductor Market (685)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2395)
- Small & Medium Displays (1398)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (49)
- Smart Cities (87)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (242)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1382)
- Solar (392)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (1722)
- Touch & Interface (71)
- Transformative Technologies (53)
- TV Media & Content (3837)
- Video (1389)
- Video Surveillance (198)
- Alex West (1)
- Blake Kozak (3)
- Bryan Montany (1)
- Christian Kim (3)
- Clifford Grossner (2)
- David Green (1)
- Don Tait (2)
- Jason dePreaux (1)
- Jim Dearing (1)
- Joanne Goh (1)
- Josh Woodhouse (1)
- Julian Watson (9)
- Kelly Patrick (1)
- Lee Ratliff (1)
- Liz Cruz (2)
- Luca De Ambroggi (3)
- Lucas Beran (2)
- Matt Short (1)
- Oliver Philippou (1)
- Paul Erickson (1)
- Richard Webb (1)
- Sam Lucero (8)
- Stéphane Téral (5)
- Tanner Johnson (1)
- Wayne Lam (3)
- Wilmer Zhou (2)
- Yogita Kanesin (2)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (11)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (3)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (5)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (15)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (5)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (3)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (2)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (3)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (1)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (3)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (3)
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Survey: Benefits and challenges of transformative technologies in automotive manufacturingFebruary 19, 201922 percent of automotive manufacturers surveyed by IHS Markit had already adopted some transformative technologies in their companies; 31 percent indicated transformative technologies are already used widely in their factories.
Finance Industry Blockchain Market to Reach $462 Billion by 2030, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 11, 2019Barely a day goes by without a fresh announcement about banks and financial institutions using blockchain technology to transform significant parts of their businesses
AI in education: Fulfilling the demand for data scientists and developersJanuary 28, 2019Education is a key component of artificial intelligence that authorities, governments, and academia need to massively invest in to ensure the sustainable development of anything related to AI and, more particularly, machine learning including ANN and deep learning.
AI in the supply chainJanuary 28, 2019AI has the potential to simplify and optimize the supply chain. Most of the advantages are related to AI’s ability to enable high-level automation (robotics in the future) and process huge amounts of data, spanning across different domains, that were usually treated in separate silos.
The impact of AI on the semiconductor industryJanuary 28, 2019Heterogenous computing represents a major trend in the semiconductor market, enabling AI and machine learning to be massively deployed in a myriad of applications across each industry domain.
Internet of Things WorldMay 13 - 16, 2019 | Santa Clara Convention Center, CAMeet our analysts at IoT World as they discuss key industry trends impacting the IoT in 2019 and beyond.
IHS Markit White Paper: The Top Technology Trends of 2019January 03, 2019From the potential of 5G, to the power of artificial intelligence (AI), our connected lives are being shaped by the convergence of transformative technologies.
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
Lithium-ion batteries and distributed compute drive UPS market momentumAugust 27, 2018After the UPS market returned to growth in 2016, momentum continued into 2017 as the market picked up steam, growing at a rate of 3.6% to just under $7.7 billion. The Americas region remained relatively flat in 2017; cloud and colocation growth was subdued as space and power continued to be leased from large buildouts which occurred in 2016. EMEA grew at mid-single digit levels due to widespread growth from cloud and colocation service providers ,on-premises enterprise data center modernization and even industrial applications. Asia grew at the fastest rate, also due to a broad range of applications and end users, notably driven by local UPS suppliers such Huawei, Kehua and Kstar. Global market growth is projected to continue in 2018 and through 2020, at rates of low to mid-single digits. The growth from cloud and colocation service providers will play a big role in that, as well as new trends developing in the data center industry that will affect the growth potential of the UPS market, such as distributed compute and lithium-ion battery adoption.
Arm goes full-stack with introduction of Pelion IoT PlatformAugust 03, 2018On 2 August 2018, Arm announced the acquisition of data management firm Treasure Data and the launch/re-branding of its IoT platform as “Pelion”. It reportedly acquired Mountain View, CA-based Treasure Data for about $600 million, making it one of the largest acquisitions in Arm’s history. At a time when the large, diverse IoT platform vendor landscape is slowly starting to consolidate, and many vendors are starting to focus more narrowly on the areas where they can differentiate, Arm is taking a contrarian approach by going full-stack, and broadly-horizontal.Subscribers Only
Smart Devices Are Critical Entry Point to IoT Ecosystem, IHS Markit SaysJune 28, 2018As smart functionality makes its way into homes and businesses, two devices are gaining a foothold into broader ecosystems to maximize growth and revenue opportunities: smart speakers and smart meters.
Arm buys Stream Technologies to provide an integrated device and connectivity management offering to the IoT marketJune 12, 2018Arm has acquired Stream Technologies and will add the company to Arm’s IoT Service Group to extend the Mbed Device Management Platform with connectivity services/service management capabilities. Arm acquired Stream Technologies primarily to further Arm’s end-to-end connectivity and device management platform that helps organizations manage the complexity of connecting hundreds of billions of future IoT devices. The acquisition enhances Arm’s strategic positioning in the IoT market, provided that Arm can successfully execute on leveraging the potential synergies between Arm’s resources and Stream Technologies’ technical capabilities.
IOT World 2018 showcases the expanding universe that is the internet of ThingsJune 07, 2018Technology fundamentals are becoming pervasive, but it is still baby steps. However, there are three key areas where it was encouraging to see significant progress from the industry.
Smart Home Companies DiversifyingJune 05, 2018In the most recent competitor database, smart home companies were analyzed across several factors including the number of connected consumer devices by segment (climate control, energy & water, lighting, security and consumer electronics) , smart speaker compatibility, company size and platform.
Customer Experience Is Top Digital Transformation Project Among Telecom Service Providers, IHS Markit Survey FindsMay 15, 2018As subscriber growth hits the brakes, telecom service providers are increasingly turning their attention to providing the best customer experience to minimize churn.
As IoT competition intensifies, T-Mobile US and Sprint seek 5G leadershipMay 14, 2018In late April of this year, T-Mobile US announced plans to merge with its domestic competitor, Sprint Corporation. This is the third time a merger between the third- and fourth-largest US wireless service providers has been proposed. Last year’s deal attempt ended due to a dispute over who would control the combined business entity.
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
IoT platforms will enable new industrial services and partner relationshipsApril 13, 2018IHS Markit illustrates how an automaker might make use of various types of IoT platforms to offer enhanced services to its customers, enable closer collaboration with its suppliers, and develop new partnerships with other industry stakeholders.
Ethernet access device market up 8 percent year over year in 2017April 06, 2018Worldwide Ethernet access device (EAD) revenue totaled $987 million in 2017, increasing 8 percent over 2016. The market is forecast to reach $1.47 billion in 2021, achieving a 2017–2022 CAGR of 8 percent.