Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Advertising (3)
- Consumer Electronics (99)
- Digital Media (98)
- Games (3)
- Large Displays (19)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (1)
- Managed Services (6)
- Mobile Devices (94)
- Mobile Innovation (23)
- Mobile Networks (4)
- Operators & Services (46)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (87)
- Smart Home & Appliances (94)
- TV Media & Content (86)
- Video (18)
- Africa and Middle East (2)
- Asia Pacific (5)
- Australia (4)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (4)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- China (3)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (5)
- European Union (1)
- France (4)
- Germany (7)
- Ireland (2)
- Italy (2)
- Japan (4)
- Netherlands (1)
- New Zealand (2)
- North America (15)
- Portugal (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- Singapore (1)
- South and Central America (4)
- South Korea (4)
- Spain (4)
- Sweden (2)
- Switzerland (1)
- UAE (1)
- UK (13)
- USA (24)
- Western Europe (10)
- World (6)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (11)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (52)
- Broadband Media Netflix for Melvin Capital - Extract (2)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (26)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (207)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (26)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (20)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (25)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (6)
- Games Intelligence Service (6)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (15)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (8)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (3)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (7)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (66)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (14)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (54)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (60)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (30)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (3)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (5)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (10)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (10)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (2)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (4)
Video is the future of TV appsAugust 30, 2016Beyond video apps and services, many of the first wave of TV apps have been built out of existing smartphone apps. The TV apps environment presents developers with a number of new challenges.Subscribers Only
Intel becomes #1 gateway chip supplier with Lantiq acquisitionFebruary 20, 2015Intel is acquiring Lantiq, provider of DSL broadband access and home networking technology. Terms of the deal remain undisclosed, and the process is expected to take 90 days to fully close, pending any regulatory approvals and transaction stipulations.Subscribers Only
Nook Media and Samsung partner to launch the Galaxy Tab 4 NookAugust 22, 2014Nook Media, a Barnes and Noble subsidiary, and Samsung teamed up to develop a co-branded 7-inch Android tablet on Samsung’s hardware with a customized version of Barnes and Noble’s proprietary Nook software running on top of the Android operating system.
BBC iPlayer data reveals consumer preference for tablet-based viewingApril 30, 2014BBC iPlayer video consumption on tablets has now reached parity with viewing on the PC. Data from the UK public broadcaster shows that in March 2014, 29% of iPlayer video requests were initated from PCs, with a further 29% initiated from tablets.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Sesame Workshop launches new SVOD service, Sesame GOApril 09, 2014Sesame Workshop, the organization behind Sesame Street, is bringing the classic children’s show and other shows like Pinky Dinky Doo online through a new video on demand service, called Sesame GO, which will be available on Mac and PC, tablet, and mobile devices. The new SVOD service is powered by Kaltura Media GO OTT Solution.Subscribers Only
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Mobile operators and handset OEMs should fear Samsung's retail expansionJanuary 30, 2014Samsung plans to open sixty Samsung-branded stores across seven countries in partnership with technology retailer Carphone Warehouse. Operators will be disappointed to see an already dominant mobile handset maker become even stronger in retail. By having a one stop shop for all Samsung device sales and crucially repairs and other trouble shooting, Samsung stores could steer more consumers into its stores and not into operators' stores.
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
Hulu hits 5 million paying subscribers, has billion-dollar yearDecember 19, 2013US online video service Hulu has reached 5 million paying subscribers for its Hulu Plus subscription service. Just a year ago, Hulu had three million subscribers, and in April, had accrued four million. Hulu...
Comcast to begin offering movies for digital purchaseNovember 17, 2013Comcast has launched movies and TV show purchases in trial markets. Comcast will join in competition with Apple's iTunes and Vudu in allowing its customers to purchase movies digitally through its...
UK retailer Tesco launches Hudl tabletOctober 03, 2013Tesco, one of the world's largest retailers, has launched its own tablet, the Hudl, and according to the supermarket chain, has sold 35,000 of the devices in the two days following launch. The Hudl is being...
Amazon Releases New Kindle Fire TabletsSeptember 26, 2013Online retail giant Amazon is to release updated versions of its Kindle Fire tablets. The new tablets will include a new Kindle Fire HD as well as a new model dubbed the Kindle Fire HDX. The HD...
Microsoft Releases New Surface TabletsSeptember 24, 2013Microsoft has released its newest tablets: the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. The tablets will be available for pre-orders in the US from September 24th and launch on October 22nd, shortly after Windows 8.1...
Amazon Releases Kindle PaperwhiteSeptember 04, 2013Online retail giant Amazon has introduced its newest ereader, the Kindle Paperwhite. The Paperwhite will be available in both WiFi and 3G versions, with the 3G available on September 30, 2013 in the...
Google Play TV shows land in the UKAugust 01, 2013Google has added retail TV series to the UK Google Play store. The purchased TV content can be played via the PC browser or through the Google Play application on Android devices and offers...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Tablets, Phablets, and PCsJune 12, 2013 Subscribers Only
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...