Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Solar
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (99)
- Advertising (307)
- Automotive Technology (2461)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (120)
- Cinema (596)
- Consumer Electronics (1352)
- Critical Communications (12)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (58)
- Datacenter & Cloud (130)
- Digital Media (1704)
- Digital Signage (20)
- Discrete & Process Automation (72)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (561)
- Display Materials & Components (18)
- Electric Motor Systems (43)
- Enterprise IT Security (11)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (175)
- Games (741)
- Healthcare IT (13)
- Large Displays (661)
- Lighting (78)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (143)
- Managed Services (51)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (135)
- Memory & Storage (210)
- MEMS & Sensors (74)
- Mobile Devices (1027)
- Mobile Innovation (3581)
- Mobile Networks (330)
- Operators & Services (4562)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (53)
- Semiconductor Components (684)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (10)
- Semiconductor Market (365)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1863)
- Small & Medium Displays (645)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (59)
- Smart Home & Appliances (877)
- Solar (111)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (127)
- Touch & Interface (9)
- TV Media & Content (2118)
- Video (1060)
- Video Surveillance (55)
- Voice & Data Networks (83)
- Date Published
- Downstream PV Intelligence Service (82)
- Energy Storage Intelligence Service (6)
- Global Solar Intelligence Service (83)
- PV Inverter Intelligence Service (83)
- PV Module Intelligence Service (75)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (2)
- Solar Intelligence Service - North America (26)
- Solar Intelligence Service - Premium (78)
Slowing European PV Market Impacts SMA Solar Technology’s 2013 Revenues and EarningsNovember 07, 2013SMA’s poor financial performance in 2013 is due to a sharp decline in the European PV market, growing competition, and intense price pressure in its key market segments. IHS predicts that the PV inverter market in Europe...
Slowing European PV market impacts SMA Solar Technology’s 2013 revenues and earnings, but it remains well placed to resume growth in 2014November 07, 2013SMA’s poor financial performance in 2013 is due to a sharp decline in the European PV market, growing competition, and intense price pressure in its key market segments. IHS predicts that the PV inverter market in Europe...
Polysilicon Price Stabilizes Despite Looming Trade DisputesPrices even set to increase during the next three monthsApril 24, 2013Following a sustained stretch of severe declines from February 2012 through the end of the year, solar polysilicon pricing has stabilized in early 2013, with prices steady in April and early May,...
Solar Polysilicon Pricing in October Declines by Highest Rate Since FebruaryWeak demand since January is the culprit; pricing to drop further before rebounding in DecemberDecember 06, 2012Global demand and pricing in October for solar polysilicon fell at the highest rate seen since February, indicating that supply still exceeds demand, according to the IHS Solar Polysilicon Price Index...
Global Photovoltaic Market Will Finish Year with Slower GrowthGermany, China, Italy, US and Japan will be the Top 5 solar markets for the yearNovember 16, 2012Global photovoltaic (PV) installations will finish the year with discernibly lower growth than in 2011, undercut by softer demand in light of continuing economic uncertainties and a general cooling in solar markets worldwide...
A Year of Turbulence for the Solar IndustryConsolidation, trade wars and price drops rule in the second halfOctober 22, 2012The first half of 2012 was tumultuous for the photovoltaic (PV) industry. The overall economic downturn continued to impact prices across the silicon supply chain—extending from polysilicon to solar modules...
New Solar Tariff in Germany to Help Rooftop MarketPV installation patterns will change because of subsidy, but overall PV capacity to remain steadyJuly 30, 2012A midyear subsidy change approved by Germany for photovoltaic (PV) installations in rooftops will con- tinue to drive solar demand for the remainder of the year, even though no year-end rally...
German Solar Market to Remain Attractive for Residential InvestmentsWith looming cuts in tariffs, success of PV German market will depend on market-based ROIMarch 20, 2012Despite the German government’s plan to reduce incentives for new solar installations, some market segments in the country will remain attractive for photovoltaics (PV) in 2012, with the return on investment...
Photovoltaic Market Continued Hot Growth Streak in 2011 with 40 Percent ExpansionGermany and Italy tussle for top spot; US, China and France are in Top 5 among regions with most new installationsFebruary 06, 2012The photovoltaic (PV) market enjoyed another year of sunny growth as solar installations climbed 40 percent in 2011, although dark clouds loom on the horizon over the industry’s reduced prospects this year...
Photovoltaic Inverter Market Suffered Slight Setback in 2011But growth to return this year; strong performance expected to continue in China and USJanuary 30, 2012The worldwide photovoltaic (PV) inverter space dipped slightly in 2011 as two big solar markets stalled or cut tariffs, even though overall losses in the industry were mitigated somewhat by growth in other parts of the world...
Photovoltaic Industry to Achieve High-Efﬁciency Solar Cells in 31 Percent of Market by 2015Conversion technologies will prove key to protect future pricing and achieve differentiationSeptember 28, 2011A signiﬁcant conversion effort is predicted to take hold in the photovoltaic (PV) industry that would result in higher solar efﬁciencies for at least 30 percent of crystalline silicon (c-Si) cells and modules by 2015...