Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (2)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (44)
- Display Materials & Components (3)
- Large Displays (48)
- Memory & Storage (5)
- MEMS & Sensors (4)
- Mobile Devices (6)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (3)
- Semiconductor Components (6)
- Small & Medium Displays (51)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1)
- Touch & Interface (5)
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Samsung Marks 10th Year of Galaxy S With Three New Designs and a 5G ModelFebruary 20, 2019At its Unpacked event in San Francisco today, Samsung unveiled the 10th anniversary Galaxy S flagship smartphone models. The Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e represent a new design language moving into the next decade of smartphone designs, which undoubtably will include 5G and foldable phones.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Teardown Reveals Ho-Hum RefreshMarch 15, 2016A preliminary estimate by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS) and its Mobile Handsets Intelligence Service shows that the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone costs about $255 to build.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Carries $236 Bill of Materials, IHS iSuppli Virtual Teardown RevealsMarch 19, 2013The HSPA+ version of Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy S4 smartphone carries a $236 bill of materials (BOM), up significantly from last year’s model—the Galaxy S III—due to major upgrades...