Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Medical Devices & Equipment Service - Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Advertising (2)
- Automotive Technology (2)
- Consumer Electronics (35)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (1)
- Digital Media (81)
- Games (2)
- Large Displays (5)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (13)
- MEMS & Sensors (2)
- Mobile Devices (222)
- Mobile Innovation (180)
- Mobile Networks (149)
- Operators & Services (132)
- Semiconductor Components (64)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (4)
- Semiconductor Market (33)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (9)
- Smart Home & Appliances (23)
- TV Media & Content (19)
- Date Published
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (12)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (39)
- Games Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- IoT Devices & Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (3)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Handsets Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence - Data Only (9)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (12)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (13)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (13)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Teardown - Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Ultrasound Intelligence Service (26)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (25)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Bluetooth SIG - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Dialog Semiconductor - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for MagnaChip - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- X-Ray Intelligence Service (21)
Apple Conjures More Success With the “Identical” but Innovative iPhone 6SSeptember 08, 2015With the iPhone 6S, Apple has introduced many more innovations than it added with last years' iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Apple has performed the ultimate conjuring trick: Change everything about the iPhone, but make it look almost identical to the old model. As a result, IHS forecasts the magic of the iPhone business will continue to drive Apple.
Google extends Android Wear reach with iPhone compatibilitySeptember 03, 2015This is not the first time that Google’s hardware is compatible with iOS. Google’s experiment with eye-wear, Google Glass, was also compatible with iPhones in addition to Android and offered very similar functionality. This is a big step for the smartwatch industry. To date, iPhone users’ choices of smartwatches were limited...
Apple extends Apple Watch retail presence with Best Buy dealJuly 29, 2015Allowing Best Buy to stock the Apple Watch could expand Apple’s footprint to over 1200 retail locations. Best Buy has over 1000 stores in the United States, which is more than Apple’s 267 shops.. The initial agreement however only includes 300 stores in 2015. As a highly personal product with many strap options, potential customers...
Barclaycard’s UK wearable payment plans will struggle to compete with Apple PayJuly 01, 2015Barclaycard, the UK card issuer of the Barclays banking group, is relaunching its bPay contactless payments system in July with three new NFC devices: an updated wristband, key fobs and stickers. The service allows users from any bank with a UK-registered Visa or Master debit or credit card to add money to a pre-paid account online, from its mobile app, or set up auto top-up. At launch, payments will be limited to £20 but will rise to £30 in September when UK limits are raised.
EE's new 4GEE Action Cam will only appeal to a niche marketJune 12, 2015EE is not the first company to try and market a camera as an accessory to a mobile consumer. HTC launched its Re camera last year, Sony had its attachable QX series lenses, and GoPro has been making action cameras since 2009. EE is looking to ride the buzz that live streaming apps Periscope and Meerkat have generated. However, the lack of public broadcasting...
Apple Watch Success Is Critical for the Success of the Smartwatch marketApril 23, 2015Apple's launch approach with Apple Watch is unusual: With a total of 12 variants, and whole range of bands, the permutations are large, especially for an Apple product. And, Apple is choosing to make it available for sale exclusively online initially. Despite these issues, IHS expects the Apple Watch will be the best selling smartwatch of 2015. IHS forecasts Apple will ship...
Apple reveals Apple Watch pricingMarch 10, 2015The Apple Watch will come in two sizes (38mm and 42mm), three version (Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, and Apple Watch Edition), and two colours per version for a total of 12 variants. Prices for the Apple Watch will range from $349 for...Subscribers Only
Apple's record iPhone results prove no mobile market leader's position is ever secureFebruary 02, 2015Apple has overtaken former market leader Microsoft – which includes Nokia's devices unit – to become the second largest manufacturer of mobile handsets in the world. Nokia led the mobile handset market for over a decade but is now pushed out of the top two. Apple's record iPhone results are also entirely premium smartphones while Microsoft's smartphone shipments represent just 21% of its 50 million handset shipments.Subscribers Only
Apple risks new categories with iPhone 6 phablet and Apple WatchSeptember 09, 2014Apple launches its first wearable -- the Apple Watch -- as well as revitalizing its iPhone range and moving into mobile payments with Apple Pay. Apple's bold new products depend on the continued success of the iPhone to succeed, but with a 2015 availability data, Apple has many things still to do to finish its first generation smartwatch.
AT&T sees new mobile opportunities with Timex's Ironman cellular smartwatchAugust 07, 2014Timex has announced its first 3G-enabled smartwatch, the Ironman One GPS+, and it will work as a standalone device with cellular connectivity. It features four hardware buttons and a touch screen. The smartwatch features a 1.5-inch low power Mirasol colour display and runs on Qualcomm’s Brew platform. It has 4GB of in-built storage and Bluetooth connectivity. Timex claims...
Adjacent Wearable Technology to have Impact on Future Smartphone DesignsJune 06, 2014The emergence of wearable computing devices such as smart-watches has begun to gain traction with consumers as the technology offers glimpse of a future of omnipresent mobility. While current versions of smart-watches revolve more specifically around fitness and health applications rather than wider computing applications, newer wearable designs from Samsung and Sony points to multi-functional smart-watches that are designed work in conjunction with the smartphone to expand its utility and improve the overall mobile user experience. How will this trend in wearable technology impact the future evolution of the...Subscribers Only
With Android Wear, Google kickstarts its wearable portfolio using its smartphone developer baseMarch 20, 2014Android Wear is a new version of Android aimed at wearable devices. LG and Motorola will be among the first to launch smartwatches for the platform. Google is already seeding the market with an app development kit for Android Wear. Shrewdly, Google is leveraging Google Now as a key part of its wearable content and services. Unlike other wearable device makers, Google is able to leverage its extensive search capabilities which already provides bite-sized contextual content to Android smartphone owners.
The Galaxy Gear smartwatch is a bold experiment and a new kind of smart accessorySeptember 05, 2013The Galaxy Gear is a statement of intent by Samsung that if the smartwatch category is to prove successful, then Samsung will be one of the winners. Samsung has done an outstanding job securing a wide range of apps for the Galaxy Gear launch. But this ini