Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Semiconductors Category - Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Advertising (1)
- Automotive Technology (434)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (42)
- Cloud & Data Center (5)
- Consumer Electronics (612)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (2)
- Digital Media (20)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (9)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (3)
- Display Materials & Components (7)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise IT Security (4)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (105)
- Games (4)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Large Displays (8)
- Lighting (61)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (67)
- Managed Services (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (14)
- Memory & Storage (391)
- MEMS & Sensors (232)
- Mobile Devices (712)
- Mobile Innovation (195)
- Mobile Networks (129)
- Operators & Services (91)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (21)
- Semiconductor Components (1099)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (46)
- Semiconductor Market (703)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (9)
- Small & Medium Displays (23)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (5)
- Smart Home & Appliances (60)
- Solar (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (26)
- Touch & Interface (11)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- TV Media & Content (2)
- Alina Sargiss (1)
- Andrew Rassweiler (7)
- Antonio Garzon (1)
- Bob Braasch (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Christopher Morris (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Dexin Chen (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Francis Sideco (1)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- James Priyatham (1)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (3)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (2)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Phil Amsrud (1)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (1)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Robbie Galoso (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Wayne Lam (8)
- Wing Lam (1)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (2)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (3)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (3)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Teardown - Automotive Intelligence Service (2)
- Teardown - Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Bluetooth SIG - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Dialog Semiconductor - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for MagnaChip - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
Taking the Complexity out of LTE Radio Front End Designs; Qualcomm offers Smartphone OEMs Pre-Baked RFFE SolutionsJuly 23, 2018As the smartphone industry passes its decade-long run being the most popular consumer electronics of all time, the market is beginning to see signs of maturation and slowdown. Smartphone OEMs are now competing on innovations in form factor (i.e. the move to larger and bezel-less displays), cameras (i.e. biometric sensors and computational photography) as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) services...
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Apple Event - Insights & AnalysisSeptember 12, 2017On September 12, Apple unveiled its latest product offerings: the iPhone X, iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch Series 3. But what exactly are the implications of these new products? Here, our analysts provide expert analysis on the announcements from multiple perspectives.
Google Pixel XL Manufacturing Cost is in Line with Rival Smartphones, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsOctober 25, 2016The cost to manufacture the Google Pixel phone closely matches that of its intended rivals—a logical and expected move, especially since Google’s new offering figures to target the same class of high-end users that normally flock to flagship smartphone models from Apple and Samsung.
iPhone 7 Materials Costs Higher than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 20, 2016The bill of materials (BOM) for an iPhone 7 equipped with 32 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory carries $219.80 in bill of materials costs, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
IHS Markit Launches Next Generation Bill of Materials Analysis and Compliance Tool, Covering More than Half a Billion Electronic ComponentsJuly 14, 2016IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced the launch of its next-generation Bill of Materials (BOM) analysis tool.
Is this the dead canary in the coal mine for the electronics industry?March 22, 2016On March 10th Foxconn reported February’s consolidated revenue of NT280.64 billion which was a 0.22% year-over-year increase from February, 2015. However, the first two months of 2016, consolidated sales revenue was down -8.55% on a year-over-year (Y/Y) basis. Alarmingly, the Y/Y consolidated revenue performance of the other leading Taiwanese EMS/ODM companies’ yields similar results........Subscribers Only
Samsung Galaxy S7 Teardown Reveals Ho-Hum RefreshMarch 15, 2016A preliminary estimate by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS) and its Mobile Handsets Intelligence Service shows that the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone costs about $255 to build.
Business Continuity PlanningFebruary 16, 2016Whether your business is small or large, whether your company outsources manufacturing, builds in-house, sells wallets or smartphones, it is wise to expect that there will be an unforeseen crisis looming sometime in the future. Recently, the world has been bombarded by events that strain the resources necessary to maintain operational capabilities. Natural and man-made disasters, epidemics, strikes, and political and military unrest have all captured the world's attention. In today’s interconnected world, focused on cost cutting and lean supply chains there is little spare capacity in the systems.Subscribers Only
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
Sensor highlights of Wearable Technologies conference in MunichMarch 02, 2015While everybody is still waiting for the Apple Watch the wearable conference which took place in Munich was a good display of new devices and trends with regard to use of sensors in wearables. Interestingly there were 2 separate sessions for “wrist-worn” wearable first and “head-worn” wearables... See subscriber comment...Subscribers Only