Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices Category - Memory & Storage
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (3)
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (14)
- Enterprise & IT (94)
- Healthcare Technology (1)
- Manufacturing Technology (1)
- Media & Advertising (1)
- Mobile & Telecom (6)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (19)
- Power & Energy Technology (11)
- Security Technology (1)
- Semiconductors (387)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (16)
- Access Control & Fire (16)
- Advertising (28)
- Automotive Technology (34)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (6)
- Cinema (10)
- Consumer Electronics (2214)
- Critical Communications (2)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (7)
- Datacenter & Cloud (5)
- Digital Media (549)
- Digital Signage (47)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (15)
- Display Materials & Components (20)
- Enterprise IT Security (5)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (73)
- Games (42)
- Healthcare IT (3)
- Large Displays (191)
- Lighting (156)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (123)
- Managed Services (63)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (43)
- Memory & Storage (22)
- MEMS & Sensors (96)
- Mobile Devices (2242)
- Mobile Innovation (644)
- Mobile Networks (370)
- Operators & Services (567)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (77)
- Semiconductor Components (582)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (9)
- Semiconductor Market (299)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (907)
- Small & Medium Displays (39)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (7)
- Smart Cities (7)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (47)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1355)
- Solar (12)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (711)
- Touch & Interface (19)
- Transformative Technologies (6)
- TV Media & Content (606)
- Video (75)
- Video Surveillance (9)
- Voice & Data Networks (2)
- Andrew Rassweiler (7)
- Antonio Garzon (1)
- Bob Braasch (1)
- Brian Arbuckle (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Dexin Chen (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (2)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- James Priyatham (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (2)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jon Ellis (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Len Jelinek (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Phil Amsrud (1)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (1)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Robbie Galoso (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Tom Morrod (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Wayne Lam (7)
- Wing Lam (1)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (4)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (4)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Handsets Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (3)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (3)
electronica 2018November 13-16, 2018 | Munich, GermanyJoin IHS Markit at electronica 2018, the world’s leading trade fair for electronic components, systems and applications where several IHS Markit analysts and subject matter experts will be present to discuss the latest trends in the industry and provide insights on major issues affecting the market.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
A Year of Transformation: What to expect from CES 2018January 07, 2018Happy and Prosperous New Year 2018! As we set into the New Year, and on the onset of CES 2018 where companies showcase their capabilities and plans for coming year, its time to set our eyes on the things we might or even want to expect in the year 2018. There are a few trends that we can expect to see across a wide range of technology segments emerging in 2018, however these will also create challenges and questions for the industry in the year ahead.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Apple Event - Insights & AnalysisSeptember 12, 2017On September 12, Apple unveiled its latest product offerings: the iPhone X, iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch Series 3. But what exactly are the implications of these new products? Here, our analysts provide expert analysis on the announcements from multiple perspectives.
Google Pixel XL Manufacturing Cost is in Line with Rival Smartphones, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsOctober 25, 2016The cost to manufacture the Google Pixel phone closely matches that of its intended rivals—a logical and expected move, especially since Google’s new offering figures to target the same class of high-end users that normally flock to flagship smartphone models from Apple and Samsung.
iPhone 7 Materials Costs Higher than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 20, 2016The bill of materials (BOM) for an iPhone 7 equipped with 32 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory carries $219.80 in bill of materials costs, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Teardown Reveals Ho-Hum RefreshMarch 15, 2016A preliminary estimate by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS) and its Mobile Handsets Intelligence Service shows that the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone costs about $255 to build.
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
IHS on the changing electronics industryOctober 29, 2014
Disruption in Korean Production Could Have Catastrophic Impact on Global Electronics BusinessApril 30, 2013What would happen if half of all global production for dynamic random access memory (DRAM), two-thirds of NAND flash manufacturing and 70 percent of the world’s tablet display supply...
Samsung Galaxy S4 Carries $236 Bill of Materials, IHS iSuppli Virtual Teardown RevealsMarch 19, 2013The HSPA+ version of Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy S4 smartphone carries a $236 bill of materials (BOM), up significantly from last year’s model—the Galaxy S III—due to major upgrades...
As Wintel Dominance Wanes, the Microsoft/Intel Alliance FraysSeptember 04, 2012After a generation of setting the pace and calling the shots in the computer market, the Microsoft Corp./Intel Corp. cartel known as Wintel now finds itself playing catch-up in the new era of smartphones and media tablets, spurring a widening rift in the historic alliance.
Despite a flurry of activities to adjust to the changed realities of the technology industry, Wintel is expected to suffer a declining share of the “new” computer market, a category consisting not just of PCs but also of the much faster-growing smartphone and media tablet segments. Microsoft’s share of the operating system market for the three products combined is expected to slip to 33 percent in 2016, down from 44 percent in 2011, according to an IHS iSuppli DRAM Dynamics Report from information and analytics provider IHS (NYSE: IHS).