Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices Category - Display Materials & Components Category - Enterprise IT Security
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Building, Home & City Technology (2)
- Displays (108)
- Enterprise & IT (61)
- Healthcare Technology (2)
- Manufacturing Technology (4)
- Media & Advertising (3)
- Mobile & Telecom (9)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (21)
- Power & Energy Technology (3)
- Security Technology (43)
- Semiconductors (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Access Control & Fire (15)
- Advertising (27)
- Automotive Technology (33)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (6)
- Cinema (10)
- Consumer Electronics (2200)
- Critical Communications (1)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (6)
- Datacenter & Cloud (4)
- Digital Media (550)
- Digital Signage (47)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (15)
- Display Materials & Components (20)
- Enterprise IT Security (5)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (72)
- Games (44)
- Healthcare IT (3)
- Large Displays (191)
- Lighting (156)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (122)
- Managed Services (68)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (44)
- Memory & Storage (21)
- MEMS & Sensors (91)
- Mobile Devices (2231)
- Mobile Innovation (635)
- Mobile Networks (369)
- Operators & Services (568)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (75)
- Semiconductor Components (581)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (8)
- Semiconductor Market (297)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (913)
- Small & Medium Displays (39)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (5)
- Smart Cities (7)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (46)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1351)
- Solar (11)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (708)
- Touch & Interface (19)
- Transformative Technologies (7)
- TV Media & Content (605)
- Video (74)
- Video Surveillance (7)
- Voice & Data Networks (2)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
Tight Supplies Impede LCD Panel Cost Reduction in Third Quarter of 2018, IHS Markit SaysSeptember 10, 2018Tight supplies of display panel materials and components, such as driver integrated circuit (IC), glass substrate and polarizer, are expected to slow the decline rate of liquid crystal display panel costs, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Long-Term Oversupply of Large TFT LCD Panels Will Prompt Restructuring of Older Fabs, IHS Markit SaysJuly 19, 2018Large thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT LCD) panel makers are expected to reduce production of comparatively smaller sized 32-, 40- and 43-inch panels, helping to stabilize panel prices in the third quarter of 2018.
Foxconn Wisconsin Groundbreaking Ceremony June 28, 2018June 28, 2018On June 28, Foxconn was joined by senior US government officials, including President Trump, in breaking ground officially at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Mount Pleasant Wisconsin. IHS Markit was invited to attend, and a summary of the event is presented in the attached.Subscribers Only
Accumulated Gap in LCD TV Set and Panel Shipments Expected to Hit a 10-Year High in Coming Quarters, IHS Markit SaysJune 21, 2018Despite better-than-expected first-quarter demand for thin-film transistor liquid-crystal display (TFT-LCD) TV sets and TV panels, market players would be well advised to adopt a more conservative outlook in demand growth for the coming quarters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Smartphone Display with Notch Design Estimated to Cost About 20 Percent More, IHS Markit SaysMay 28, 2018Notch design of smartphone displays is estimated to raise manufacturing cost of display panels by more than 20 percent, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Market for Organic Materials Used to Manufacture OLED Panels Showed Remarkable Growth in Second Half of 2017, IHS Markit SaysMarch 28, 2018The market for organic materials used to manufacture organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display panels jumped during the second half of 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Record Number of OLED TVs Shipped Before the Holidays, IHS Markit SaysJanuary 05, 2018With consumer television prices falling, global shipments of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs grew 133 percent year over year, reaching a new monthly record of 270,000 units in November 2017, during the lead-up to the holiday shopping season.
IPS Display Adoption in Notebook PCs Continues to Increase, IHS Markit SaysOctober 26, 2017Display shipments for notebook PCs are forecast to increase by 5 percent in 2017 to 177 million units compared to the previous year, while notebook PC unit shipments are expected to remain flat during the same period.
OLED Encapsulation Materials Market to Grow 16 Percent CAGR to $233 Million by 2021, IHS Markit SaysAugust 21, 2017The popularity of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs and smartphones has boosted not only the OLED display market but also the OLED encapsulation materials market.
Automotive Touch Screen Shipments to Top 50 Million Units in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMay 30, 2017With consumers already accustomed with using smartphones and tablet PCs in their everyday lives, touch screens are now increasingly making their way into their vehicles, too.
Galaxy S8 Materials Costs Highest by Far Compared to Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsApril 20, 2017The new Samsung Galaxy S8 equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$301.60, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Chinese Panel Makers Top Over One Million Units in Quarterly Shipments for AMOLED Smartphone Displays, IHS Markit SaysDecember 22, 2016Chinese panel manufacturers shipped more than one million AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) smartphone displays for the first time in the third quarter of 2016.
Media Alert: IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Consumer Electronics Show/CES 2017December 15, 2016As you’re planning to cover news and activities surrounding the CES 2017 in Las Vegas, January 5 – 8, 2017, a reminder that several IHS Markit technology and automotive analysts will be onsite and following developments from the show – and available for commentary during the week.
Factory of the Future Report - 2016Edition Year: 2016-2017November 30, 2016This 2016 survey of end-users looks at the market for selected “Factory of the Future” technologies: the cloud and big data analytics, industrial Internet of Things, augmented and virtual reality.Subscribers Only
Analysis of Samsung acquisition of QD VisionNovember 28, 2016The news of Samsung’s acquisition of QD Vision, a US-based provider of quantum dots is interesting as it would appear as duplication of existing activities. Samsung is currently selling its SUHD TVs with its own cadmium-free quantum dot technology. This is sourced-in-house from Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology with production by Hansol Chemical. Samsung is cooperating with, Nanosys, to develop quantum dot technologies further. This report analyzes the implications of this acquisition, including motivations, and potential threats from OLED that may have inspired the move.Subscribers Only
IHS Markit Releases Ranking of Top LED SuppliersAugust 15, 2016IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today released its annual 2015 revenue-share ranking of the top LED suppliers in backlighting, automotive, lighting and other applications.
IHS Markit Technology Event ProgramFebruary 05, 2016
Changes in Manufacturing, with Emphasis on China, Highlight 2016 Global Technology Predictions from IHS AnalystsDecember 22, 2015Innovations in nearly every sector are setting the stage for technology market growth and even more rapid change in 2016.
DisplaySearch is Now Part of IHS TechnologyNovember 09, 2015
DisplaySearch joined IHS in 2014 as a leading provider of reliable information, highly insightful analysis, and industry events specifically focused on the display supply chain and display-related industries. The combination of IHS and DisplaySearch research leaves no part of the industry uncovered, with wide and detailed data and analysis on end-applications, features, technologies and manufacturing - in every major region around the world, in every part of the supply chain.
Factory of the Future Report - 2015Edition Year: 2015-2016November 05, 2015This 2015 study serves as a topical report detailing the world market for selected “Factory of the Future” technologies: industrial Internet of Things, digitization and industrial mobility/apps. The goal of this report is to provide users of the IHS smart manufacturing service with data and analysis around three potentially transformational technologies.Subscribers Only