Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices Category - Display Materials & Components
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Displays (102)
- Enterprise & IT (2)
- Healthcare Technology (1)
- Manufacturing Technology (1)
- Media & Advertising (2)
- Mobile & Telecom (3)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (17)
- Power & Energy Technology (2)
- Security Technology (1)
- Semiconductors (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Access Control & Fire (12)
- Advertising (25)
- Automotive Technology (33)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (7)
- Cinema (10)
- Consumer Electronics (2163)
- Critical Communications (1)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (6)
- Datacenter & Cloud (4)
- Digital Media (549)
- Digital Signage (47)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (13)
- Display Materials & Components (18)
- Enterprise IT Security (5)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (71)
- Games (43)
- Healthcare IT (3)
- Large Displays (185)
- Lighting (146)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (109)
- Managed Services (62)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (43)
- Memory & Storage (20)
- MEMS & Sensors (85)
- Mobile Devices (2200)
- Mobile Innovation (610)
- Mobile Networks (367)
- Operators & Services (567)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (74)
- Semiconductor Components (573)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (8)
- Semiconductor Market (295)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (897)
- Small & Medium Displays (36)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (43)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1321)
- Solar (11)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (706)
- Touch & Interface (20)
- TV Media & Content (598)
- Video (69)
- Video Surveillance (5)
- Voice & Data Networks (4)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
35th IHS Markit Display Japan ForumJuly 26-27, 2018 | Tokyo, JapanIHS Markit is holding the 35th IHS Display Japan Forum in Tokyo, Japan on July 26-27, 2018.
Record Number of OLED TVs Shipped Before the Holidays, IHS Markit SaysJanuary 05, 2018With consumer television prices falling, global shipments of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs grew 133 percent year over year, reaching a new monthly record of 270,000 units in November 2017, during the lead-up to the holiday shopping season.
34th IHS Markit Display Japan ForumJanuary 25-26, 2018 | Tokyo, JapanIHS Markit is holding 34th IHS Display Japan Forum in Tokyo, Japan on January 25-26, 2018.
IPS Display Adoption in Notebook PCs Continues to Increase, IHS Markit SaysOctober 26, 2017Display shipments for notebook PCs are forecast to increase by 5 percent in 2017 to 177 million units compared to the previous year, while notebook PC unit shipments are expected to remain flat during the same period.
OLED Encapsulation Materials Market to Grow 16 Percent CAGR to $233 Million by 2021, IHS Markit SaysAugust 21, 2017The popularity of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs and smartphones has boosted not only the OLED display market but also the OLED encapsulation materials market.
Automotive Touch Screen Shipments to Top 50 Million Units in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMay 30, 2017With consumers already accustomed with using smartphones and tablet PCs in their everyday lives, touch screens are now increasingly making their way into their vehicles, too.
Galaxy S8 Materials Costs Highest by Far Compared to Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsApril 20, 2017The new Samsung Galaxy S8 equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$301.60, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Chinese Panel Makers Top Over One Million Units in Quarterly Shipments for AMOLED Smartphone Displays, IHS Markit SaysDecember 22, 2016Chinese panel manufacturers shipped more than one million AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) smartphone displays for the first time in the third quarter of 2016.
Analysis of Samsung acquisition of QD VisionNovember 28, 2016The news of Samsung’s acquisition of QD Vision, a US-based provider of quantum dots is interesting as it would appear as duplication of existing activities. Samsung is currently selling its SUHD TVs with its own cadmium-free quantum dot technology. This is sourced-in-house from Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology with production by Hansol Chemical. Samsung is cooperating with, Nanosys, to develop quantum dot technologies further. This report analyzes the implications of this acquisition, including motivations, and potential threats from OLED that may have inspired the move.Subscribers Only
IHS Markit Releases Ranking of Top LED SuppliersAugust 15, 2016IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today released its annual 2015 revenue-share ranking of the top LED suppliers in backlighting, automotive, lighting and other applications.
WEBINAR - Audiovisual industry trends: 2018 and beyondLed by: Tom Morrod, Senior Director, Consumer ElectronicsView on-demand
Presented by: IHS Markit Technology Group and AVIXAThe Pro-AV industry is evolving rapidly, and through 2022 global revenues are expected to increase 4.7% CAGR. Join this webinar to learn about key drivers and trends reshaping the industry, the evolution of products and services critical to Pro-AV, and market opportunities for digital signage, broadcast, security, cinema, and more.
WEBINAR - Pro-AV in the service sectors: Striving for improved CXLed by: Tom Morrod, Senior Director, Consumer ElectronicsView on-demand
Presented by: IHS Markit Technology Group and AVIXAProviding an engaging consumer experience is a must in today’s service industries such as hospitality, restaurant, retail, live event, cinema, and healthcare. Challenges in gaining consumer mind space and market share are building in the fast changing service industries. Discover why service industries should look to Pro-AV to provide a better consumer experience, how to implement the latest technologies, and best practices in the most effective use cases.
Changes in Manufacturing, with Emphasis on China, Highlight 2016 Global Technology Predictions from IHS AnalystsDecember 22, 2015Innovations in nearly every sector are setting the stage for technology market growth and even more rapid change in 2016.
DisplaySearch is Now Part of IHS TechnologyNovember 09, 2015
DisplaySearch joined IHS in 2014 as a leading provider of reliable information, highly insightful analysis, and industry events specifically focused on the display supply chain and display-related industries. The combination of IHS and DisplaySearch research leaves no part of the industry uncovered, with wide and detailed data and analysis on end-applications, features, technologies and manufacturing - in every major region around the world, in every part of the supply chain.
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
[Display Dynamics] CES 2015: Quantum dot TV - Samsung concealed while LG revealedFebruary 04, 2015In CES 2015, regarding quantum dot applied TVs - a hot keyword of 2014 - Samsung Electronics included them under the SUHD TV lineup, and LG Electronics advertised them under the name Color Prime TV, as a product level lower than OLED TV.
[Display Dynamics] Is Xiaomi ready for going global?September 22, 2014Xiaomi Corp. made headlines in early August after it took the crown from Samsung Electronics Co. in sales of smartphones in China in the second quarter of 2014. The result might vary depending on estimates calculated in different ways, but it came as a large shock that this only four-year old Chinese company is threatening Samsung Electronics, which has been the largest smartphone seller in the Chinese market for years where it successfully beat rival Apple Inc.
[Display Dynamics] China moves from the frontier to the center of the smartphone industryAugust 24, 2014Some say that the Chinese copy phone makers survived because they effectively evaded taxes and patent royalties. But the actual reason may be that they’ve had the understanding of the consumers’ wants and needs as well as the ability to provide appropriate products at an affordable price and at the right time.