Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Media & Advertising Research by Market - Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices Category - Transformative Technologies
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (18)
- Advertising (464)
- Automotive Technology (37)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (7)
- Cinema (831)
- Cloud & Data Center (6)
- Consumer Electronics (2259)
- Critical Communications (3)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (6)
- Digital Media (2185)
- Digital Signage (50)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (16)
- Display Materials & Components (24)
- Enterprise IT Security (5)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (75)
- Games (1042)
- Healthcare IT (3)
- Large Displays (194)
- Lighting (158)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (125)
- Managed Services (76)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (44)
- Memory & Storage (22)
- MEMS & Sensors (101)
- Mobile Devices (2280)
- Mobile Innovation (1550)
- Mobile Networks (395)
- Operators & Services (3249)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (76)
- Semiconductor Components (593)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (10)
- Semiconductor Market (303)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2259)
- Small & Medium Displays (41)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (10)
- Smart Cities (8)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (48)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1382)
- Solar (13)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (714)
- Touch & Interface (20)
- Transformative Technologies (8)
- TV Media & Content (3856)
- Video (1393)
- Video Surveillance (13)
- Date Published
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Internet of Things WorldMay 13 - 16, 2019 | Santa Clara Convention Center, CAMeet our analysts at IoT World as they discuss key industry trends impacting the IoT in 2019 and beyond.
Smart Devices Are Critical Entry Point to IoT Ecosystem, IHS Markit SaysJune 28, 2018As smart functionality makes its way into homes and businesses, two devices are gaining a foothold into broader ecosystems to maximize growth and revenue opportunities: smart speakers and smart meters.
Smart Home Companies DiversifyingJune 05, 2018In the most recent competitor database, smart home companies were analyzed across several factors including the number of connected consumer devices by segment (climate control, energy & water, lighting, security and consumer electronics) , smart speaker compatibility, company size and platform.
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
Amazon acquires Ring — implications for the smart homeFebruary 28, 2018On February 27, 2018, Amazon announced it would acquire Ring for an undisclosed amount. Ring is the maker of Wi-Fi video doorbells that alert homeowners when someone pushes the doorbell or motion is detected.
Consumer Video Surveillance – Content Analysis and Data AnalyticsFebruary 26, 2018A variety of new analytical functions are being developed and applied to video surveillance. The majority of these new analytical functions continue to focus on refining what should and should not be recorded in order to save bandwidth and storage space. Motion detection, event recording, facial recognition, and object awareness are just a few of the technologies in which analytics are being applied.
MWC 2017 IoT takeaways – different takes on edge computing for IoT; competing LPWAN technologies seek to differentiate; 5G’s IoT use cases explored; Huawei and ZTE showcase end-to-end IoT capabilitiesMarch 16, 2017Several analysts from IHS Markit’s IoT team were present at Mobile World Congress 2017. Here’s our take on four key IoT themes from the show: • Edge computing for IoT: different takes from Dell and Huawei; • LPWAN: competing technologies seek to differentiate; • 5G: IoT use cases explored; • Huawei and ZTE: Chinese vendors showcase end-to-end IoT capabilities.