Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Transformative Technologies
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2707)
- Building, Home & City Technology (349)
- Displays (1787)
- Enterprise & IT (1353)
- Healthcare Technology (332)
- Manufacturing Technology (590)
- Media & Advertising (7363)
- Mobile & Telecom (8139)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (4014)
- Power & Energy Technology (747)
- Security Technology (667)
- Semiconductors (2260)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (1733)
- Transformative Technologies (56)
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Automotive Technology (4)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (3)
- Cloud & Data Center (7)
- Consumer Electronics (3)
- Critical Communications (1)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (3)
- Discrete & Process Automation (3)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Lighting (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (26)
- Managed Services (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (1)
- Mobile Devices (2)
- Mobile Innovation (3)
- Mobile Networks (10)
- Operators & Services (5)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (1)
- Semiconductor Components (3)
- Semiconductor Market (3)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (3)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (2)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (7)
- Solar (1)
- Transformative Technologies (56)
- Video Surveillance (3)
- Alex West (1)
- Blake Kozak (3)
- Bryan Montany (1)
- Christian Kim (3)
- Clifford Grossner (2)
- David Green (1)
- Don Tait (3)
- Jack Kent (1)
- Jason dePreaux (2)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jim Dearing (1)
- Joanne Goh (1)
- Josh Builta (1)
- Josh Woodhouse (1)
- Julian Watson (9)
- Kelly Patrick (1)
- Lee Ratliff (1)
- Liz Cruz (2)
- Luca De Ambroggi (4)
- Lucas Beran (2)
- Matt Short (1)
- Matthias Machowinski (1)
- Oliver Philippou (1)
- Paul Erickson (1)
- Richard Webb (1)
- Sam Lucero (8)
- Stéphane Téral (5)
- Tanner Johnson (1)
- Wayne Lam (3)
- Wilmer Zhou (2)
- Yogita Kanesin (2)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (11)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (3)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (5)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (15)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (5)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (3)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (2)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (3)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (1)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (3)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (3)
Nearly 90 Percent of Companies are Adopting Transformative Technologies Yet Few Companies Believe They Will Realize the Full Benefits, IHS Markit SaysApril 09, 2019The new “Digital Orbit” from business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) reveals the readiness and global business impact of the following six transformative technologies: video everywhere, the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, blockchain and the cloud.
At CERAWeek 2019, technology and energy continue to coalesce in force and presenceApril 04, 2019The interrelation of energy and technology is not new. However, CERAWeek seems primed to be at the nexus of these two disciplines in the future. I expect the increased presence of technology companies at future conferences, an even larger Agora, and a sharpened focus on transformational technologies like cloud services, IoT, AI, and robotics. This is true especially as cloud giants look to more fully penetrate markets beyond consumer and enterprise.
Digital Orbit Executive BriefingApril 01, 2019Digital Orbit is an invaluable, time-saving online tool that helps executives and other strategic leaders envision possibilities and anticipate pitfalls as technological change accelerates.Subscribers Only
IHS Markit Announces Analyst Briefing and Roundtable Discussions at Hannover Messe 2019March 27, 2019During the upcoming Hannover Messe 2019 trade show in Hannover, Germany, business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) will host an analyst briefing covering transformative technologies in the manufacturing industry.
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Survey: Benefits and challenges of transformative technologies in automotive manufacturingFebruary 19, 201922 percent of automotive manufacturers surveyed by IHS Markit had already adopted some transformative technologies in their companies; 31 percent indicated transformative technologies are already used widely in their factories.
Finance Industry Blockchain Market to Reach $462 Billion by 2030, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 11, 2019Barely a day goes by without a fresh announcement about banks and financial institutions using blockchain technology to transform significant parts of their businesses
GSA European Executive Forum 201915-16 April 2019 | Munich, GermanyJoin IHS Markit Senior Research Director Luca De Ambroggi at the GSA European Executive Forum.
AI in education: Fulfilling the demand for data scientists and developersJanuary 28, 2019Education is a key component of artificial intelligence that authorities, governments, and academia need to massively invest in to ensure the sustainable development of anything related to AI and, more particularly, machine learning including ANN and deep learning.
AI in the supply chainJanuary 28, 2019AI has the potential to simplify and optimize the supply chain. Most of the advantages are related to AI’s ability to enable high-level automation (robotics in the future) and process huge amounts of data, spanning across different domains, that were usually treated in separate silos.
The impact of AI on the semiconductor industryJanuary 28, 2019Heterogenous computing represents a major trend in the semiconductor market, enabling AI and machine learning to be massively deployed in a myriad of applications across each industry domain.
Internet of Things WorldMay 13 - 16, 2019 | Santa Clara Convention Center, CAMeet our analysts at IoT World as they discuss key industry trends impacting the IoT in 2019 and beyond.
IHS Markit White Paper: The Top Technology Trends of 2019January 03, 2019From the potential of 5G, to the power of artificial intelligence (AI), our connected lives are being shaped by the convergence of transformative technologies.
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
Lithium-ion batteries and distributed compute drive UPS market momentumAugust 27, 2018After the UPS market returned to growth in 2016, momentum continued into 2017 as the market picked up steam, growing at a rate of 3.6% to just under $7.7 billion. The Americas region remained relatively flat in 2017; cloud and colocation growth was subdued as space and power continued to be leased from large buildouts which occurred in 2016. EMEA grew at mid-single digit levels due to widespread growth from cloud and colocation service providers ,on-premises enterprise data center modernization and even industrial applications. Asia grew at the fastest rate, also due to a broad range of applications and end users, notably driven by local UPS suppliers such Huawei, Kehua and Kstar. Global market growth is projected to continue in 2018 and through 2020, at rates of low to mid-single digits. The growth from cloud and colocation service providers will play a big role in that, as well as new trends developing in the data center industry that will affect the growth potential of the UPS market, such as distributed compute and lithium-ion battery adoption.
Arm goes full-stack with introduction of Pelion IoT PlatformAugust 03, 2018On 2 August 2018, Arm announced the acquisition of data management firm Treasure Data and the launch/re-branding of its IoT platform as “Pelion”. It reportedly acquired Mountain View, CA-based Treasure Data for about $600 million, making it one of the largest acquisitions in Arm’s history. At a time when the large, diverse IoT platform vendor landscape is slowly starting to consolidate, and many vendors are starting to focus more narrowly on the areas where they can differentiate, Arm is taking a contrarian approach by going full-stack, and broadly-horizontal.Subscribers Only
Global Blockchain Business Value to Reach $2 Trillion by 2030, IHS Markit SaysAugust 01, 2018LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--While still nascent today, blockchain business value, which refers to the cost savings and efficiencies that could be realized by incorporating blockchain into corporate business strategies, is projected to increase from $2.5 billion in 2017 to $2.0 trillion in 2030, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Smart Devices Are Critical Entry Point to IoT Ecosystem, IHS Markit SaysJune 28, 2018As smart functionality makes its way into homes and businesses, two devices are gaining a foothold into broader ecosystems to maximize growth and revenue opportunities: smart speakers and smart meters.
Arm buys Stream Technologies to provide an integrated device and connectivity management offering to the IoT marketJune 12, 2018Arm has acquired Stream Technologies and will add the company to Arm’s IoT Service Group to extend the Mbed Device Management Platform with connectivity services/service management capabilities. Arm acquired Stream Technologies primarily to further Arm’s end-to-end connectivity and device management platform that helps organizations manage the complexity of connecting hundreds of billions of future IoT devices. The acquisition enhances Arm’s strategic positioning in the IoT market, provided that Arm can successfully execute on leveraging the potential synergies between Arm’s resources and Stream Technologies’ technical capabilities.
IOT World 2018 showcases the expanding universe that is the internet of ThingsJune 07, 2018Technology fundamentals are becoming pervasive, but it is still baby steps. However, there are three key areas where it was encouraging to see significant progress from the industry.