Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Transformative Technologies
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2696)
- Building, Home & City Technology (341)
- Displays (1712)
- Enterprise & IT (1308)
- Healthcare Technology (322)
- Manufacturing Technology (578)
- Media & Advertising (7314)
- Mobile & Telecom (8102)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (3979)
- Power & Energy Technology (728)
- Security Technology (648)
- Semiconductors (2225)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (1710)
- Transformative Technologies (50)
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (2)
- Cloud & Data Center (6)
- Consumer Electronics (3)
- Critical Communications (1)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (2)
- Discrete & Process Automation (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (25)
- Managed Services (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (3)
- Mobile Devices (1)
- Mobile Innovation (3)
- Mobile Networks (9)
- Operators & Services (4)
- Semiconductor Components (2)
- Semiconductor Market (2)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (3)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (7)
- Transformative Technologies (50)
- Video Surveillance (3)
- Alex West (1)
- Blake Kozak (3)
- Bryan Montany (1)
- Christian Kim (2)
- Clifford Grossner (2)
- David Green (1)
- Don Tait (2)
- Jack Kent (1)
- Jason dePreaux (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jim Dearing (1)
- Joanne Goh (1)
- Josh Woodhouse (1)
- Julian Watson (9)
- Kelly Patrick (1)
- Lee Ratliff (1)
- Liz Cruz (2)
- Luca De Ambroggi (3)
- Lucas Beran (2)
- Matt Short (1)
- Matthias Machowinski (1)
- Oliver Philippou (1)
- Paul Erickson (1)
- Richard Webb (1)
- Sam Lucero (8)
- Stéphane Téral (5)
- Tanner Johnson (1)
- Wayne Lam (3)
- Wilmer Zhou (1)
- Yogita Kanesin (2)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (9)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (3)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (5)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (15)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (5)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (3)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (2)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (3)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (1)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (2)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (3)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (4)
AI in education: Fulfilling the demand for data scientists and developersJanuary 28, 2019Education is a key component of artificial intelligence that authorities, governments, and academia need to massively invest in to ensure the sustainable development of anything related to AI and, more particularly, machine learning including ANN and deep learning.
AI in the supply chainJanuary 28, 2019AI has the potential to simplify and optimize the supply chain. Most of the advantages are related to AI’s ability to enable high-level automation (robotics in the future) and process huge amounts of data, spanning across different domains, that were usually treated in separate silos.
The impact of AI on the semiconductor industryJanuary 28, 2019Heterogenous computing represents a major trend in the semiconductor market, enabling AI and machine learning to be massively deployed in a myriad of applications across each industry domain.
Internet of Things WorldMay 13 - 16, 2019 | Santa Clara Convention Center, CAMeet our analysts at IoT World as they discuss key industry trends impacting the IoT in 2019 and beyond.
IHS Markit White Paper: The Top Technology Trends of 2019January 03, 2019From the potential of 5G, to the power of artificial intelligence (AI), our connected lives are being shaped by the convergence of transformative technologies.
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
Lithium-ion batteries and distributed compute drive UPS market momentumAugust 27, 2018After the UPS market returned to growth in 2016, momentum continued into 2017 as the market picked up steam, growing at a rate of 3.6% to just under $7.7 billion. The Americas region remained relatively flat in 2017; cloud and colocation growth was subdued as space and power continued to be leased from large buildouts which occurred in 2016. EMEA grew at mid-single digit levels due to widespread growth from cloud and colocation service providers ,on-premises enterprise data center modernization and even industrial applications. Asia grew at the fastest rate, also due to a broad range of applications and end users, notably driven by local UPS suppliers such Huawei, Kehua and Kstar. Global market growth is projected to continue in 2018 and through 2020, at rates of low to mid-single digits. The growth from cloud and colocation service providers will play a big role in that, as well as new trends developing in the data center industry that will affect the growth potential of the UPS market, such as distributed compute and lithium-ion battery adoption.
Arm goes full-stack with introduction of Pelion IoT PlatformAugust 03, 2018On 2 August 2018, Arm announced the acquisition of data management firm Treasure Data and the launch/re-branding of its IoT platform as “Pelion”. It reportedly acquired Mountain View, CA-based Treasure Data for about $600 million, making it one of the largest acquisitions in Arm’s history. At a time when the large, diverse IoT platform vendor landscape is slowly starting to consolidate, and many vendors are starting to focus more narrowly on the areas where they can differentiate, Arm is taking a contrarian approach by going full-stack, and broadly-horizontal.Subscribers Only
Global Blockchain Business Value to Reach $2 Trillion by 2030, IHS Markit SaysAugust 01, 2018LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--While still nascent today, blockchain business value, which refers to the cost savings and efficiencies that could be realized by incorporating blockchain into corporate business strategies, is projected to increase from $2.5 billion in 2017 to $2.0 trillion in 2030, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Smart Devices Are Critical Entry Point to IoT Ecosystem, IHS Markit SaysJune 28, 2018As smart functionality makes its way into homes and businesses, two devices are gaining a foothold into broader ecosystems to maximize growth and revenue opportunities: smart speakers and smart meters.
Arm buys Stream Technologies to provide an integrated device and connectivity management offering to the IoT marketJune 12, 2018Arm has acquired Stream Technologies and will add the company to Arm’s IoT Service Group to extend the Mbed Device Management Platform with connectivity services/service management capabilities. Arm acquired Stream Technologies primarily to further Arm’s end-to-end connectivity and device management platform that helps organizations manage the complexity of connecting hundreds of billions of future IoT devices. The acquisition enhances Arm’s strategic positioning in the IoT market, provided that Arm can successfully execute on leveraging the potential synergies between Arm’s resources and Stream Technologies’ technical capabilities.
IOT World 2018 showcases the expanding universe that is the internet of ThingsJune 07, 2018Technology fundamentals are becoming pervasive, but it is still baby steps. However, there are three key areas where it was encouraging to see significant progress from the industry.
Smart Home Companies DiversifyingJune 05, 2018In the most recent competitor database, smart home companies were analyzed across several factors including the number of connected consumer devices by segment (climate control, energy & water, lighting, security and consumer electronics) , smart speaker compatibility, company size and platform.
Customer Experience Is Top Digital Transformation Project Among Telecom Service Providers, IHS Markit Survey FindsMay 15, 2018As subscriber growth hits the brakes, telecom service providers are increasingly turning their attention to providing the best customer experience to minimize churn.
As IoT competition intensifies, T-Mobile US and Sprint seek 5G leadershipMay 14, 2018In late April of this year, T-Mobile US announced plans to merge with its domestic competitor, Sprint Corporation. This is the third time a merger between the third- and fourth-largest US wireless service providers has been proposed. Last year’s deal attempt ended due to a dispute over who would control the combined business entity.
Three Out of Four Companies Evaluating SD-WAN As Enterprises Embrace the Cloud, IHS Markit Survey SaysApril 25, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today released findings from its WAN Strategies North American enterprise survey, which reviews the evolving requirements for wide-area networks (WANs) of medium-to-large companies, including the adoption of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN).
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
IoT platforms will enable new industrial services and partner relationshipsApril 13, 2018IHS Markit illustrates how an automaker might make use of various types of IoT platforms to offer enhanced services to its customers, enable closer collaboration with its suppliers, and develop new partnerships with other industry stakeholders.
Ethernet access device market up 8 percent year over year in 2017April 06, 2018Worldwide Ethernet access device (EAD) revenue totaled $987 million in 2017, increasing 8 percent over 2016. The market is forecast to reach $1.47 billion in 2021, achieving a 2017–2022 CAGR of 8 percent.
New Era for Artificial Intelligence in Industrial Machine VisionApril 04, 2018LASER World of PHOTONICS CHINA 2018, the largest exhibition for the laser and photonics industries in Asia, was held 14-16 March in Shanghai, and the exhibition set a new record with nearly 56,000 visitors this year.