Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Healthcare Technology
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2461)
- Displays (760)
- Enterprise & IT (427)
- Healthcare Technology (136)
- Manufacturing Technology (198)
- Media & Advertising (4757)
- Mobile & Telecom (5665)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (1940)
- Power & Energy Technology (217)
- Security Technology (218)
- Semiconductors (1292)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (127)
- Automotive Technology (2)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Datacenter & Cloud (1)
- Digital Media (12)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Games (3)
- Healthcare IT (13)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (135)
- Memory & Storage (1)
- MEMS & Sensors (2)
- Mobile Devices (24)
- Mobile Innovation (23)
- Mobile Networks (14)
- Operators & Services (13)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (1)
- Semiconductor Components (5)
- Semiconductor Market (3)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (2)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (1)
- Abel Nevarez (1)
- Brad Shaffer (2)
- Francis Sideco (2)
- Holley Lewis (2)
- Ian Fogg (4)
- Jack Kent (2)
- Jason dePreaux (3)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (1)
- Jessica Edge (19)
- Julia Zhu (1)
- Kelly Patrick (8)
- Michael R. Banville (1)
- Pana Salta (2)
- Piers Harding-Rolls (1)
- Roeen Roashan (27)
- Shane Walker (10)
- Steve Bailey (2)
- Wayne Lam (3)
- Date Published
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT (formerly M2M) Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence - Insights Only (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (33)
- Games Intelligence - Insight Only (3)
- Games Intelligence - US - Insight Only (2)
- Games Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Games Intelligence US Service (2)
- Healthcare IT Solution Suite - 2015 (12)
- IoT Devices & Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (3)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Handsets Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Media Intelligence - Data Only (9)
- Mobile Media Intelligence - Insight Only (11)
- Mobile Media Intelligence - RPT/PPT Only (10)
- Mobile Media Intelligence - US - Insight Only (10)
- Mobile Media Intelligence - US - RPT/PPT Only (9)
- Mobile Media Intelligence Service (12)
- Mobile Media Intelligence US - Data Only (8)
- Mobile Media Intelligence US Service (10)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence - Data Only (9)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence - Insight Only (12)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence - RPT/PPT Only (10)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (12)
- Respiratory Research Package (4)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (13)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Teardown - Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Ultrasound Market Intelligence Service (17)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (25)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Bluetooth SIG - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Dialog Semiconductor - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for MagnaChip - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- X-Ray Intelligence Service (16)
Focus growing to detect deterioration in patient status; continuous monitoring increasesFebruary 10, 2015With increasing focus to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs, the importance of continuously monitoring patients throughout their treatment pathway in the hospital is growing.
Pfizer to acquire Hospira – what does this mean for infusion pumps?February 10, 2015On February 5th 2015, Pfizer announced its plan to acquire Lake Forest, Illinois-based Hospira Inc. News surrounding the proposed merger announcement has primarily focused on Hospira’s drug offerings – but what does this mean for Hospira’s infusion pump devices portfolio?
Surgery moving to 4K displays, but how quick will uptake be?February 10, 2015As product innovations such as 4K resolution drive increased clarity of images, there is uncertainty as to how quickly the medical displays market will change.
Carestream Makes Waves in Ultrasound Market with Launch of TouchFebruary 03, 2015Carestream launched its first venture into the ultrasound market with the introduction of its Carestream Touch ultrasound system at RSNA 2014.
Ultrasound Market Update: Philips Healthcare to Acquire Volcano CorpFebruary 03, 2015Philips Healthcare announces its plan to acquire Volcano Corp., an acquisition that further signals the consolidation of the ultrasound market towards clinical application groups.
Apple's record iPhone results prove no mobile market leader's position is ever secureFebruary 02, 2015Apple has overtaken former market leader Microsoft – which includes Nokia's devices unit – to become the second largest manufacturer of mobile handsets in the world. Nokia led the mobile handset market for over a decade but is now pushed out of the top two. Apple's record iPhone results are also entirely premium smartphones while Microsoft's smartphone shipments represent just 21% of its 50 million handset shipments.Subscribers Only
Microsoft's HoloLens and GamingJanuary 22, 2015Our take on the announcements arriving from Microsoft's Windows 10 conference: the newly-unveiled HoloLens is the most graphically rich and immersive augmented reality solution shown publicly by any major technology company. Its Minecraft-based builder demo shows the gaming potential of the new platform.Subscribers Only
MediaTek announces platform to support Android WearJanuary 19, 2015With the announcement of the MT2601 SoC at CES last week, MediaTek has entered the Android Wear powered wearable SoC competitive landscape. The smart watch market is primed for growth as product appeal has increased...Subscribers Only
New Tools will help streamline breast exams, says RSNA 2014December 12, 2014At this year’s RSNA, a big focus for breast imaging was on breast density. How do we measure breast density and what is the best method for imaging dense breasts? At the moment, breast density is measured by the radiologist, and assessments can differ depending on the radiologist and the image presented. At the conference, Philips Healthcare and Hologic both showcased the use of a software tool to automate the quantification of breast density, a development that could lead to better and quicker diagnosis of abnormalities for women.Subscribers Only
Is fixed FPD X-ray back to put the retro in retrofit?November 25, 2014Retrofit has been taking the X-ray market by storm since 2010 with over 10% revenue growth each year, providing cost saving alternatives for those looking to upgrade existing equipment. The emergence of retrofit has changed the new flat panel detector (FPD) equipment market dynamic, forcing suppliers to provide solutions that can tailor to three types of customers. FPD systems from many suppliers can now be clearly classed as low-end, mid-range and high-end.
3-D Mammography Leads the Way for Breast ImagingNovember 18, 2014The emergence of 3-D tomosynthesis mammography systems is enabling earlier detection of breast cancer, particularly through clearer imaging of dense breasts. A current barrier for purchasers is the higher price and uncertainty around 3-D, when compared to analog and 2-D mammography.
Minimally Invasive Procedures Driving Interventional X-ray GrowthOctober 14, 2014The increasing pressure on hospitals to reduce the length of patient stays and to lower costs is driving growth in interventional X-ray for minimally invasive procedures.
Apple risks new categories with iPhone 6 phablet and Apple WatchSeptember 09, 2014Apple launches its first wearable -- the Apple Watch -- as well as revitalizing its iPhone range and moving into mobile payments with Apple Pay. Apple's bold new products depend on the continued success of the iPhone to succeed, but with a 2015 availability data, Apple has many things still to do to finish its first generation smartwatch.
AT&T sees new mobile opportunities with Timex's Ironman cellular smartwatchAugust 07, 2014Timex has announced its first 3G-enabled smartwatch, the Ironman One GPS+, and it will work as a standalone device with cellular connectivity. It features four hardware buttons and a touch screen. The smartwatch features a 1.5-inch low power Mirasol colour display and runs on Qualcomm’s Brew platform. It has 4GB of in-built storage and Bluetooth connectivity. Timex claims...
Oculus Rift takes shape through acquisitionJuly 16, 2014Oculus VR has made a pair of acquisitions, purchasing hardware designer Carbon Design and middleware developer RakNet. Terms of the deals were not disclosed by Oculus, however Carbon’s track record includes the lauded joypad for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console, and RakNet’s networking engine has been rendered open-source as part of the buy-up.
Demand for mobility in oxygen therapy moving technology innovations forwardJuly 11, 2014As the number of patients suffering chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) continues to rise, cost-effective solutions are required to contain rising healthcare costs. Oxygen delivery to patients is being targeted to reduce the cost of oxygen therapy, driving demand for devices that do not require delivery of oxygen cylinders.
"Non-delivery" devices fuelling growth in the oxygen therapy marketJune 25, 2014Despite the mature, saturated nature of the oxygen therapy market in developed regions, including North America and Western Europe, growth in these markets is being maintained by the demand for “non-delivery” oxygen therapy devices.
Reduced reimbursement for COPD patient readmissionsJune 25, 2014Despite a number of recent measures to curb healthcare spending in the US, increased expenditure is continuing to rise in order to provide sufficient care to an increasing number of chronically-ill patients. One measure to tackle rising healthcare costs is to reduce reimbursement payments; with an increasing number of patients, payment rates cannot be maintained if healthcare spending is to be addressed.
Adjacent Wearable Technology to have Impact on Future Smartphone DesignsJune 06, 2014The emergence of wearable computing devices such as smart-watches has begun to gain traction with consumers as the technology offers glimpse of a future of omnipresent mobility. While current versions of smart-watches revolve more specifically around fitness and health applications rather than wider computing applications, newer wearable designs from Samsung and Sony points to multi-functional smart-watches that are designed work in conjunction with the smartphone to expand its utility and improve the overall mobile user experience. How will this trend in wearable technology impact the future evolution of the...Subscribers Only
China Remains High Growth Market Despite Shift in Product MixJune 03, 2014The impact of the Chinese government’s 2012 healthcare reform plan on the ultrasound market will be the largest growth driver for the Chinese market. Plans to construct a new network of Tier 2 county-based hospitals, paired with the replacement of ultrasound systems in metropolitan Tier 3 hospitals, will also figure in the robust growth equation, driving annual revenue expansion above 10 percent for the next four years.