Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Manufacturing Technology Category - Electric Motor Systems Category - Mobile Innovation
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (1948)
- Building, Home & City Technology (9)
- Displays (48)
- Enterprise & IT (84)
- Healthcare Technology (23)
- Manufacturing Technology (76)
- Media & Advertising (775)
- Mobile & Telecom (3668)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (384)
- Power & Energy Technology (1)
- Security Technology (29)
- Semiconductors (126)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (2)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- Automotive Technology (7)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (147)
- Cloud & Data Center (1)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (88)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (72)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (2)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (10)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (6)
- Mobile Devices (8)
- Mobile Innovation (5)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (2)
- Semiconductor Components (9)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (3)
- Semiconductor Market (9)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (12)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Alex West (3)
- Andrew Orbinson (2)
- Ivan Campos (2)
- Jenalea Howell (8)
- Joanne Goh (9)
- Kevin Schiller (6)
- Lisa Wang (1)
- Matt Tolley (3)
- Peter Taylor (3)
- Preston Reine (6)
- Rolando Campos (5)
- Sudhakar Chaudhary (2)
- Susanne Cumberland (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (4)
- Teik Chuan Goh (2)
- Wilmer Zhou (4)
- Yogita Kanesin (1)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Gearboxes & Geared Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (6)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (6)
- Linear Motion Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (9)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service for Bonfiglioli Riduttori Spa - Extract (4)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (9)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mechanical Components Research Package (2)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (8)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (3)
- Medium Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Motion Control Intelligence Service - Annual (4)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (4)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (11)
- Switchgear Research Package (1)
EU CO2 emission standard - New challenges ahead for automotive electric motor marketJanuary 08, 2019On 17 December 2018, the European Parliament and European Council reached an agreement on the next round of targets for carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (LCVs) in the European Union (EU), which set a target to reduce CO2 by 37.5% by 2030, from 2021 targets. For LCVs, the targeted reduction by 2030 has been set at 31%. Both types of vehicles will be subject to an interim CO2 reduction target of 15% by 2025.
Low-voltage motors in process industry markets up 4 percent in 2017December 21, 2018The low-voltage motor market contracted in 2016. Process industries were hit the hardest, largely due to depressed oil prices and oversupply concerns in the projects business. In 2017 the market experienced a recovery, and the process industries experienced the strongest upswing, especially the oil and gas sector. The top process industries grew at a faster rate than the top discrete industries in 2017, and this trend continued in 2018, according to the “Low Voltage Motors Report” from IHS Markit.
Global Oil and gas CAPEX spending bolsters the market for medium-voltage motorsNovember 16, 2018In recent years, the medium-voltage (MV) motor market has contracted due to the oil and gas crisis that lowered oil prices, which resulted in curtailed investment in MV motors globally. However, going forward this trend is forecast to begin reversing. As prices for oil and gas rise in 2018 and 2019 to levels more in line with their historical averages, pent-up capital expenditure (CAPEX) is expected to return, which will lead to higher demand for MV motors across all regions. This spending will result in a boon to industries adjacent to oil and gas operations as well and will result in manufacturers expanding the capabilities of their motors in order to meet demand.
Massive order backlogs drive growth in the linear motion marketOctober 22, 2018Global revenues for linear motion products reached a record high of $7.9 billion in 2017. Revenue growth of 10.2 percent is expected in 2018, primarily due to substantial order backlogs. Growth will then slow to 4.5 percent in 2019.
AMB: Digitalization making inroads into the machine tool industryOctober 10, 2018AMB 2018, held in Stuttgart, Germany from 18-22 September, is one of the largest trade shows for metalworking technology. IHS Markit attended the show and gained critical insights into the latest trends and market developments in the manufacturing industry.
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
Asia Pacific takes the lead in driving the growth of the global motion control hardware marketJuly 19, 2018The global motion control hardware market achieved a record-high growth rate at 19% in revenue terms from 2016 to 2017, totaling $13.4 billion for the year.
How are motor manufacturers differentiating themselves in a mature market?July 19, 2018There have been a lot of developments in the industrial motor market, as suppliers are more actively pursuing merger and acquisition opportunities and seeking new ways to differentiate their value-add.
Service Robots - A Greenfield Opportunity for Electric Motor ManufacturersJuly 19, 2018Robotics and automation technologies have been available in the industrial sector for decades and are now integrating into the daily lives of consumers.
Global mounted roller bearings market making strong gains, growing at a 6 percent CAGR from 2017 to 2022July 06, 2018Globally, the mounted ball and roller bearings market grew 8.1 percent in 2017 to $3.4 billion
Medium-voltage Drives and NGL MarketsMay 23, 2018Fixed investment is finally returning to the North American energy sector. However, operations and market dynamics evolved considerably during the downturn, resulting in a shift in subsector machinery and medium-voltage drive demand.
Record-breaking revenues projected for the linear motion products marketDecember 21, 2017World market revenue for linear motion products in 2017 is projected to hit a record high of $7.3 billion.
Global gearbox and geared motor market returning to growth from 2017 to 2021December 20, 2017Global market revenue for geared products is expected to grow at a 3.6 percent CAGR from 2016, to reach $12 billion in 2021.
Machine builders threaten low voltage drive suppliers in the commercial HVAC marketOctober 26, 2017The commercial HVAC sector is the largest market for low-voltage drives and is often regarded by drive suppliers as a commercial stronghold, which is less volatile than other industry sectors, such as oil and gas, which is more cyclical in nature.Subscribers Only
Impressions from EMO exhibition: Is IIoT shaping the linear motion market?October 25, 2017EMO is an important tradeshow for linear motion product suppliers as the machine tool industry is the biggest industry for these products. According to the IHS Markit's Linear Motion Products Report - 2017, the machine tool industry accounts for 18.4% of the global revenues for linear motion products.
China Machinery Production Is Recovering and Set to Grow in 2017October 09, 2017China machinery production growth rate plummeted beginning in 2014, with production contracting 0.4 percent in 2016.
ABB to Acquire GE Industrial Solutions, Strengthen Its Switchgear Market PositionSeptember 27, 2017ABB, a supplier of robotics, process automation, and electrification components, recently announced its intent to acquire GE Industrial Solutions for $2.6 billion.
Volvo cars to go all electric and hybrid — What does it mean to the electric motor market?July 12, 2017Early last week, Volvo Cars announced its plan to launch several all new vehicle models that will either be electric or hybrid vehicles from 2019 onwards. So what does Volvo’s plan mean for the traction motor market for alternative propulsion applications?Subscribers Only
IMO’s upcoming sulphur content cap on marine fuel oil: a complete game-changer for the supply chain, or mostly hype?July 10, 2017In a bid to ease the industry’s detrimental impact on the environment, the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a United Nations agency that creates the regulatory framework for the international shipping industry, has set plans to significantly reduce sulphur content in fuel oil used by ships.
Global Motion Control Market Is Returning for Solid GrowthJune 29, 2017Following a significant market decline in 2015, the global motion control market regained a concrete growth in 2016, totalling over $10.8 billion hardware revenues, with more than 21 million units shipped.