Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Manufacturing Technology Category - Display Materials & Components Category - Mobile Innovation Category - Smart Grid & Energy Storage
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (1950)
- Building, Home & City Technology (10)
- Displays (83)
- Enterprise & IT (87)
- Healthcare Technology (23)
- Manufacturing Technology (18)
- Media & Advertising (775)
- Mobile & Telecom (3672)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (413)
- Power & Energy Technology (118)
- Security Technology (29)
- Semiconductors (129)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (5)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- Automotive Technology (7)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (147)
- Cloud & Data Center (1)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (88)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (73)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (2)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (10)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (6)
- Mobile Devices (8)
- Mobile Innovation (5)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (4)
- Semiconductor Components (9)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (3)
- Semiconductor Market (9)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (12)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Electricity Meter Intelligence Service (3)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (17)
- Smart Water Meter Intelligence Service (8)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
UTC Telecom & Technology 2016’s new Smart Water Council first drop in the bucketMay 12, 2016Last week’s annual UTC Telecom and Technology Conference broadened its horizons beyond the usual focus on communications for the electricity (and to a lesser extent, gas) side of the utility business model with a new water summit, addressing not only technological problems for the industry but also regulatory and business challenges. Traditionally, issues facing smart water networks and communicating water meters were cast aside in favor of the higher dollar energy utility problems.Subscribers Only
Distributech Focus Illustrates Maturity of the Utility Technology MarketFebruary 22, 2016This year, more than any of the past, the focus at Distributech shifted from the usual conversation about what certain technologies can do, towards a pointed conversation about business cases, strategic vision and processes.
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
IoT Shines at EUW - November 2015November 17, 2015The following Research Note reviews European Utility Week 2015 – the largest annual utility technology conference in Europe. The conference is focused on emerging technologies in all utilities-technology markets. At this year’s event there was a particular focus on IoT and how it will potentially influence potential influence on future utility technology adoption.
Formation of Digital Unit Highlights Clear Industrial IoT Leadership at GE Minds+Machines ConferenceOctober 08, 2015GE held its fourth annual industrial IoT-focused Minds+Machines conference in San Francisco from September 29 to October 1. The massive increase in attendance (1,300 attendees in total) as well as a growing roster of ecosystem partners and reference projects indicate GE has achieved true momentum in key Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) areas such as predictive/preventive analytics and connected sensor-powered advanced industrial automation...Subscribers Only
Honeywell Acquisition Illustrates Promise of Smart Meter MarketJuly 30, 2015Metering giant Elster’s $5.1 billion price tag signals market optimism
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
AWWA ACE 2015 Conference offers technology vendors clarity on the California Water Use MandateJune 18, 2015In June the American Water Works Association Annual Conference and Exhibition (AWWA ACE) was held in Anaheim, California, just two months after Governor Brown mandated that California cities must reduce water use by 25 percent statewide. The prolonged drought in California is national news and the ACE conference was a superb venue for water utilities and technology vendors to come together to consider ways to work toward meeting the mandate. The IHS analyst team encountered a lot of confusion and problems that may pose a barrier to utilities companies looking to meet the mandate...
Internet of Things (IoT) drumbeat grows louder at SEMICON Southeast Asia 2015May 07, 2015The Internet of things (IoT) was made the highlight during SEMICON Southeast Asia, because of its high potential in the industrial automation industry.
SCADA to be more integrated into IoTMay 05, 2015News – New cloud OS launched by GESubscribers Only
Internet of Things – What’s the return on investment?March 12, 2015News – Monetizing the Internet of Things – Just a myth or just around the corner?Subscribers Only
Utility business and organizational challenges come into focus at 25th annual distributech conferenceFebruary 17, 2015This is a Research Note from Jacob Pereira, Senior Analyst for IHS Inc., providing information on the North American Distributech conference.
Interest grows in prepayment metering in USNovember 18, 2014One of the most surprising things at last month’s Itron Utility Week was Itron’s apparent bet on prepayment solutions in North America. In a society that is very much credit-oriented, it seems like a difficult prospect to encourage consumers to pay for their electricity prior to use, rather than afterward...
Consumer Engagement in Water is Key Takeaway at Itron Utility WeekNovember 03, 2014Water utilities are increasing their investment in new water technologies to improve the customer experience, according to observations by IHS analysts at Itron Utility Week in San Antonio, Texas. However, adoption of these technologies still has significant challenges to overcome, as water utilities have many obstacles inherently limiting the short-term market scaling of these products...
Water Shines at 2014 SXSW Eco Conference in AustinOctober 29, 2014Water resources globally are under severe stress even as water management continues to lag in technology adoption, water experts conceded at the recent SXSW Eco conference in Austin, Texas. Nonetheless, both public and private stakeholders in water continue to push for improvements and reform, opening new opportunities for technology providers to the water industry...
Heat measurement market forecast to exceed $1 billion in 2018August 27, 2014Our recently released report forecast the heat measurement market to exceed $1 billion in 2018. The key drivers will be increasing demand from Russia, Turkey and China, along with...
British Gas Continues to Spark UK Smart Gas MarketJuly 30, 2014Yesterday, Elster announced that it had been selected by British Gas as the primary provider of gas metering for its higher energy-consuming business customers...
ARAD Wins Large Contract for Smart Water Technology in Latin AmericaJuly 24, 2014The national water utility, Obras Sanitarias del Estado (OSE), has just awarded a contract to the Israeli smart water meter supplier ARAD for 45,000 communicating positive displacement water meters...