Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Manufacturing Technology Category - Automotive Technology Category - Discrete & Process Automation Category - Mobile Innovation
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2475)
- Building, Home & City Technology (9)
- Displays (52)
- Enterprise & IT (90)
- Healthcare Technology (23)
- Manufacturing Technology (93)
- Media & Advertising (775)
- Mobile & Telecom (3672)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (391)
- Power & Energy Technology (4)
- Security Technology (29)
- Semiconductors (431)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (6)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Automotive Technology (7)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (147)
- Cloud & Data Center (1)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (88)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (73)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (2)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (10)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (6)
- Mobile Devices (8)
- Mobile Innovation (5)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (4)
- Semiconductor Components (9)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (3)
- Semiconductor Market (9)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (12)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Alex West (4)
- Andrew Orbinson (5)
- Brian Arbuckle (4)
- Christian Kim (1)
- Christopher Morris (1)
- Daisuke Muto (1)
- Dexin Chen (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Joanne Goh (3)
- Lisa Wang (1)
- Mark Watson (5)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (3)
- Rita Liu (4)
- Susanne Cumberland (2)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Teik Chuan Goh (2)
- Wilmer Zhou (1)
- Yogita Kanesin (1)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (7)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (7)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (7)
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (6)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Discrete Machine Safety Components Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Embedded Computer Boards, Modules & Systems Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Hazardous Area Equipment Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Communications Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Industrial Edge Networking Components Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (25)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (4)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (8)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (6)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (6)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (3)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Terminals Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- PLCs Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Switchgear Research Package (3)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
The rise of the Chinese machine safety marketDecember 19, 2018The China International Industry Fair (CIIF) 2018, held in Shanghai on September 19-23, attracted numerous exhibitors and global audiences. The industrial internet of things (IIoT) was the main theme of the show. Aside from the global suppliers, there were a number of Asian manufacturers demonstrating their ambitions to improve growth and expand market share. Delta and Advantech both showcased complete solutions incorporating the latest IIoT concepts. By focusing on the entire production process, including data collection, data analysis, and data visualization, these companies are moving from simple hardware manufacturing into a solution and services-focused business model.
Power semiconductors take center stage in vehicle electrificationNovember 27, 2018Stringent carbon dioxide (CO2) emission standards worldwide, along with stricter testing regimes like Real Driving Emissions (RDE) and the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), are driving OEMs to develop higher-efficiency powertrain systems. For more please log in to your account.Subscribers Only
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
With growth exploding, the global operator terminal market reached $2.4 billion in 2017August 28, 2018The global operator terminal market – including text-based, basic graphical, advanced graphical, portable, embedded PLC hardware and web panel – grew more than 10 percent year over year, reaching $2.4 billion in 2017. The market is expected to exceed $3 billion by 2022.
Japanese automation suppliers post strong financial results for 2017July 27, 2018Japanese automation supplier performance strong in 2017 and forecast to remain strong in 2018 Results of Fiscal Year 2017 for industrial automation suppliers in Japan were good overall. Steady results for the domestic business were boosted by strong overseas markets. Some bright spots in China included supply of automation for smart phone production, secondary batteries production for electric vehicles, and an increase in capital investment in semiconductor manufacturing equipment. In addition, the increasing automation of production facilities, driven by the rise in IIoT, also supported strong sales of automation from Japanese suppliers.
New technologies, including network connectivity, drive the replacement market for Low Voltage Motor Control Centers (LV MCCs)July 19, 2018The LV MCC market is estimated to have been worth $3.08 billion in 2016, up 2.2% Y/Y. Growth has been most pronounced in EMEA and Asia Pacific, while the Americas market has shrunk. As a result, the LV MCC market is forecast to be worth $3.54 billion by 2021 with an overall CAGR of 2.8%.
IoT innovation becoming the key driver of the embedded computing marketJune 20, 2018Global revenue in the embedded computing market contracted by 3.1 percent, year over year, falling to $2.5 billion in 2016, due to the ongoing effects of the collapse of the xTCA telecom market; however, the global market is forecast to grow through 2021, when revenue will total $3.4 billion, largely because of growth in the industrial automation sector.
Industrial Ethernet infrastructure components market making strong gainsMay 07, 2018Global revenue from industrial Ethernet infrastructure components in 2017 is estimated to have hit $2.2 billion.
New Era for Artificial Intelligence in Industrial Machine VisionApril 04, 2018LASER World of PHOTONICS CHINA 2018, the largest exhibition for the laser and photonics industries in Asia, was held 14-16 March in Shanghai, and the exhibition set a new record with nearly 56,000 visitors this year.
Led by compact PLCs, the global PLC market reached $8.5 billion in 2017February 02, 2018relays, compact PLCs, standard modular PLCs, high-end modular PLCs, software, and services — rose 4.2 percent year over year, reaching $8.5 billion in 2017. The market is expected to exceed $9.5 billion by 2021.
Insight into the successful adoption of IO-LinkOctober 16, 2017How is IIoT impacting the industrial communications market?
China Machinery Production Is Recovering and Set to Grow in 2017October 09, 2017China machinery production growth rate plummeted beginning in 2014, with production contracting 0.4 percent in 2016.
ABB to Acquire GE Industrial Solutions, Strengthen Its Switchgear Market PositionSeptember 27, 2017ABB, a supplier of robotics, process automation, and electrification components, recently announced its intent to acquire GE Industrial Solutions for $2.6 billion.
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017: Digital transformation and disruptive technologyJune 20, 2017The SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017 (SEMICON SEA 2017) is the annual regional event for electronics innovations. Held in Penang, Malaysia 25–27 April 2017, it attracted more than 7,500 visitors. The event brought together solution providers and international industry professionals to discuss the key trends and solutions that are shaping the semiconductor and electronics industry.
Hannover Messe 2017: Insights from IHS MarkitMay 11, 2017The Manufacturing Technology team from IHS Markit returned recently after visiting Hannover Messe 2017 in Germany. With more than 225,000 professional attendees, the event is one of the world’s leading industrial trade shows. Here are our key takeaways.
Manufacturing Technology Asia 2017 – Identifying the keys to success in the IIoT journeyMay 10, 2017Manufacturing Technology Asia (MTA) 2017, held in Singapore from 4 -7 April, attracted over 12,500 professional attendees from high-value industries and sectors including aerospace, complex equipment, electronics, oil and gas, marine and offshore engineering, precision engineering, and medical technology. Advanced manufacturing technologies such as additive manufacturing, augmented and virtual reality and the industrial internet of things (IIoT) were the highlights of the tradeshow.
Will B&R acquisition give ABB a boost in industrial automation?April 20, 2017Early this month ABB; a supplier of robotics, process automation, and electrification components, acquired B&R Automation, an industrial software and automation hardware company.
IHS Markit Releases Top Seven Manufacturing Technology Predictions for 2017January 26, 2017After a disappointing 2016 in automation sales, declining revenues for many equipment suppliers and investment uncertainties in numerous end markets, vendors in industrial automation are hoping for a brighter 2017. With changing market conditions filtering down from the macro level to technology adoption, what can the industry expect this year?
Embedded Computer Board Technologies Continue to Grow but ATCA Revenues Significantly DeclineJanuary 10, 2017IHS Markit has published its latest findings on the world merchant market for embedded computing valuing it at an estimated $2.54 billion in 2015 and a forecast growth for the next 5 years of 3.7% (CAGR).