Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Manufacturing Technology Research by Market - Power & Energy Technology Category - Mobile Devices Category - Mobile Innovation
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (1954)
- Building, Home & City Technology (14)
- Displays (59)
- Enterprise & IT (98)
- Healthcare Technology (24)
- Manufacturing Technology (6)
- Media & Advertising (999)
- Mobile & Telecom (3874)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (1149)
- Power & Energy Technology (48)
- Security Technology (29)
- Semiconductors (469)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (121)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Automotive Technology (10)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (147)
- Cloud & Data Center (5)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (88)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (73)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (6)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (12)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (6)
- Mobile Devices (55)
- Mobile Innovation (5)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (68)
- Semiconductor Components (18)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (6)
- Semiconductor Market (12)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Cities (2)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (117)
- Smart Home & Appliances (26)
- Solar (195)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (3)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (5)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (59)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
More than 6 billion wireless power receivers expected to ship from 2018 to 2023October 31, 2018Annual unit shipments for wireless power receivers and transmitters, across all applications, sectors and product segments, are forecast to grow from 450 million units in 2017 to more than 2.2 billion units in 2023. To gauge the size of the opportunity available in the total market, cumulatively more than 6 billion receiver units and 2.7 billion transmitter units are expected to ship from 2018 to 2023.
New Apple iPhone gets juiced-up wirelesslySeptember 13, 2017• Apple finally integrates wireless charging in to the latest iPhone devices • iPhone confirmed to be compatible with Qi standard
Wireless power beyond mobile phones and charging matsJuly 10, 2017• Latest market analysis shows wireless charging in mobile phones is achieving mainstream adoption. • Laptop market is poised for adoption of integrated solutions; and awaits shipment of the first enabled device from WiTricity/Dell. • Other smaller consumer application markets offer great opportunity for wireless charging adoption, with new products already being announced for 2017. • Uncoupled technologies move closer to entering the wireless charging market.
LG and Moto lead MWC wireless chargeMarch 06, 20172017 continues to show promise from OEMs when it comes to wireless charging technology, following the launch of the LG G6 and Moto Mod at MWC in Barcelona, in addition to Huawei joining the AirFuel Alliance.
Apple becomes Wireless Power Consortium memberFebruary 13, 2017Apple Inc. became a member of the Wireless Power Consortium. This is the first time Apple have confirmed involvement with any wireless power standard body and points strongly to the expectation that the next iPhone will include wireless charging technology.
Magnetic Resonant and RF Wireless Charging Make Waves at CES 2017January 09, 2017With only one week gone in 2017, it’s tempting to say that more progress has already been made in the world of wireless charging than in the whole of 2016, with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas already giving two new product launches from Dell and Energous respectively
Wireless Power Up 40 Percent In 2016, But Could It Have Been More?October 11, 2016The number of devices enabled with wireless charging will exceed 200 million units a year for the first time in 2016, according to the latest IHS Markit forecast. But with a number of product announcement delays in the last year, does 2016 represent a missed opportunity for wireless power?Subscribers Only
Computex 2016: Less Quick Charge and More Slow Progress for Wirelessly Charged Laptop PCsJune 08, 2016Despite long-held expectations that new wireless charging-enabled laptop PCs would be announced at the recent Computex 2016 event in Taipei, it seems the wait still continues. Even though there were a number of demonstrations and accessory announcements that instilled hope that products might come later this year no specific announcements of production-ready wirelessly charged laptops were made...
Acquisition of Broadcom’s IoT business adds much needed WiFi capability to Cypress SemiconductorMay 09, 2016Cypress Semiconductor announced that it will acquire Broadcom’s wireless Internet of Things (IoT) business in a $550 million transaction. The deal was announced on Thursday, April 28.Subscribers Only
MWC 2016: A change in phase for the wireless charging market?February 25, 2016Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the biggest venue for new mobile phone handset launches each year. Last year the event marked a breakthrough moment for wireless charging technology -- with huge handset launches, product announcements and a large presence on the show floor. This year was more about how this new market is shifting...
Wireless charging coming to the iPhone?January 29, 2016An article published by Bloomberg today (Friday 29th January) has caused widespread speculation that Apple are pushing ahead with the development of wireless charging technology for the iPhone. However, the focus appears to be not on charging pad-based solutions, but on solutions offering greater spatial freedom from the charger.
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
CES 2016: Inductive wireless charging devices will reach more hands in 2016January 19, 2016Wireless charging technology has been in the hands of early adopters for several years now but failed to make it into the hands of the masses. But that changed last year. During CES 2016, AirFuel and WPC set up booths right next to each other, signaling neither is backing down from the fight to be the king of wireless charging standards.
Wireless charging headlines from CES 2016January 12, 2016Last week saw the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 kick off the year for wireless power news! The event often creates a lot of hype and always delivers an exciting array of new gadgets and technologies, with this year no exception.
IHS Wireless Power Trends For 2016January 04, 2016Much has already been written about wireless charging for 2015 - huge growth, high-profile product launches and a move from industry push to consumer pull to name a few. But now at the start of 2016, IHS has set its sights on the next 12 months and has highlighted five key trends to look for in wireless charging in 2016...
Charging over distance may be closer than we think with new Energous chipNovember 02, 2015On Wednesday 28th October, Energous announced that it has begun sampling its new Radio Frequency (RF) receiver (Rx) power chip. As the world's first high efficiency RF integrated circuit for wireless power reception, the new Rx IC boasts...
Semtech tri-modal transmitter set to be embedded in computersOctober 19, 2015In the last two weeks, Semtech Corporation has made two major press releases around their wireless charging technology, following the acquisition of Triune Systems earlier in the year. First, the company announced the launch of its tri-modal wireless charging transmitter technology, supporting the Qi (WPC), PMA and Rezence (A4WP) standards...
Formation of Digital Unit Highlights Clear Industrial IoT Leadership at GE Minds+Machines ConferenceOctober 08, 2015GE held its fourth annual industrial IoT-focused Minds+Machines conference in San Francisco from September 29 to October 1. The massive increase in attendance (1,300 attendees in total) as well as a growing roster of ecosystem partners and reference projects indicate GE has achieved true momentum in key Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) areas such as predictive/preventive analytics and connected sensor-powered advanced industrial automation...Subscribers Only
Samsung Gear S2 ticks the wireless charging boxSeptember 10, 2015On Monday 31st August, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced its latest offering to the wearable technology market, the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch. The device comes in two different models, the Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic, and is due to start shipping in early October of this year. Both models of the smartwatch come equipped with an inductive wireless charging solution, compatible with the Qi-standard technology...