Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Automotive Technology Research by Market - Manufacturing Technology Category - Automotive Technology Category - Mobile Innovation
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2476)
- Building, Home & City Technology (9)
- Displays (52)
- Enterprise & IT (88)
- Healthcare Technology (23)
- Manufacturing Technology (9)
- Media & Advertising (775)
- Mobile & Telecom (3672)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (391)
- Power & Energy Technology (4)
- Security Technology (29)
- Semiconductors (430)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (6)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- Automotive Technology (2476)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (147)
- Cloud & Data Center (1)
- Consumer Electronics (6)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (88)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (73)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (2)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (12)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (2)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (42)
- Mobile Devices (29)
- Mobile Innovation (1953)
- Operators & Services (1931)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (8)
- Semiconductor Components (332)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (4)
- Semiconductor Market (13)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (4)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (12)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (6)
- Transformative Technologies (5)
- Date Published
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (52)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (18)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (381)
- Automotive OEM & Tier 1 Electronics Intelligence Service (5)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (339)
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (54)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- IHS Automotive Hybrid-EV Portal (1)
- IHS Automotive Infotainment Systems Portal - Asia-Pacific (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (4)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (5)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (53)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (43)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1928)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1931)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (3)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Teardown - Automotive Intelligence Service (2)
- Teardown - Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Bluetooth SIG - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for Dialog Semiconductor - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service for MagnaChip - Dec 2014 - Extract (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Survey: Benefits and challenges of transformative technologies in automotive manufacturingFebruary 19, 201922 percent of automotive manufacturers surveyed by IHS Markit had already adopted some transformative technologies in their companies; 31 percent indicated transformative technologies are already used widely in their factories.Subscribers Only
Automotive Ethernet Congress recap from MunichFebruary 14, 2019The Automotive Ethernet Congress in Munich is an important and quite technical event for experts in vehicle networking that want to be informed about the latest developments and meet other industry leaders. The congress welcomed mostly European but also some Asian and American visitors. Its rising popularity reflects the imminent inflection point in the electrical architecture strategy after years of stability and peaceful coexistence of multiple buses.
Connected car platforms increasingly supporting telematics services in light vehiclesFebruary 06, 2019Most automakers today have either kept their telematics service management in-house, or integrated it into their organization at a corporate level. However, the connected car market is changing rapidly, which is presenting exciting new opportunities for merchant-market connected-car platform vendors – enabling beneficial new service possibilities for drivers and passengers, alike.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
Automotive infotainment semiconductor highlights from CES 2019January 15, 2019Infotainment and informational advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are converging in a digital cockpit with multiple voice assistants, impressive displays, electronic mirrors, driver monitoring cameras and new ways of interaction. These are the main telematics and infotainment semiconductor trends observed at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.
Power semiconductors take center stage in vehicle electrificationNovember 27, 2018Stringent carbon dioxide (CO2) emission standards worldwide, along with stricter testing regimes like Real Driving Emissions (RDE) and the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), are driving OEMs to develop higher-efficiency powertrain systems. For more please log in to your account.Subscribers Only
Qualcomm calls off bid to acquire NXP Semiconductors: a setback…for nowJuly 31, 2018American chip manufacturer Qualcomm abandoned its $44 billion bid to acquire Dutch firm NXP Semiconductors. The attempted merger failed when no official ruling was handed down by regulators in China, where both firms do substantial business.
EMCC event tackles multi-core processing for autonomous vehicles of the futureJuly 25, 2018Experts from the automotive software and hardware industry met last month in a technical gathering to discuss the latest trends and developments in multi-core processing architecture for automated driving and the car of the future, making liberal use of buzzwords like real-time, high-performance, deterministic, partitioning, safety, and security.
Magnetic sensors refresh in new automotive economyJuly 17, 2018With the electronics architectural landscape for vehicles changing dramatically in the next 15 years, automotive sensors are also undergoing their own evolution in response to new requirements on performance, safety, Big Data analysis, robustness, security, and economy.
Automotive power semiconductors growth acceleratingMay 29, 2018The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in revenue and unit shipments of power semiconductors -- including power discretes, power modules and power integrated circuits (ICs) – is forecast to grow 7 percent from 2017 to 2023. This growth rate is more than three times the expected build rate for light vehicles, which is expected to grow an average of just 2 percent annually, during the same period.
Automotive sensors: the impact of new forces on vehicle sensor count and use - Part 2May 03, 2018Electrification of the car engine and its impact on automotive sensors Post-2020, European legislation has proposals in place that specify 95g CO2 / km, and a vision to reach 70g CO2 / km by 2025. Although hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) and battery electric vehicles (BEV) are emerging, the wider adoption of electrification is viewed as still being the main approach to meet these CO2 commitments...
Automotive sensors: the impact of new forces on vehicle sensor count and use - Part 1April 13, 2018What the increasing standardization of emissions testing and regulations mean for automotive sensors As the world moves toward harmonizing vehicle emission standards and new testing regulations, what do these developments mean for the automotive sensors market? The question is an important one, especially at a time of unprecedented flux for the automotive industry. In the face of two factors...
Sensor market grows with functional safety and electrificationDecember 12, 2017The automotive magnetic sensor market enjoyed a strong recovery in 2016 and into 2017. Gone were the currency dips and uncertainties of 2015, replaced by stronger demand for sensors.
Battle Looms Among LIDAR Suppliers and TechnologiesSeptember 20, 2017The current generation of automated functions—automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control and lane keep assistance—rely largely on cameras, radars and ultrasonic sensors. Each of these devices is limited to different conditions, e.g. weather, object detection, distance, etc. As the complexity of automated driving functions proliferate through L3 to L5, OEMs need to produce more reliable and fail-operational platforms.
Ethernet In car: from Multiplexed network to Service networkMarch 22, 2017The development and recent changes that took place in infotainment electronics, together with the steep increase in the demand for ADAS and safety features, is demanding that OEMs re-think the electronic architecture of the car. The increasing complexity in the design of car’s electrical and electronic (E/E) systems makes engineers define common functionalities among various electronics systems and to cluster those, when possible, in a fewer number of control units. Although this rationalization is easily understandable on paper, the above statement hides several practical difficulties in the design of electronic control units (ECUs), and engineers often need to combine different requirements of performance, bandwidth, security, reliability and finally flexibility and cost in the different ECUs. Ethernet-based networks are expected to have an important role in this revolution.
Qualcomm acquisition of NXP combines traditional automotive force with “new frontier” powerOctober 27, 2016The merger would represent the union of the traditional automotive world with the “new frontier," driven by connectivity and needs for high processing power. NXP’s strength (also through acquisition of FSL) is the reliability and quality standards required in automotive. On the other hand Qualcomm brings its expertise in the connectivity and artificial intelligence applications.
Automotive magnetic sensor market hit by exchange uncertainties, low vehicle salesAugust 04, 2016Automotive magnetic sensor market hit by exchange uncertainties, low vehicle salesSubscribers Only
Infineon acquires Wolfspeed: what it means for automotive industryJuly 19, 2016Infineon now has Wolfspeed, the Power & RF Division of Cree, Inc., a pioneer of silicon carbide (SiC) components. Continuing on its growth strategy, Infineon wants to become the “power” house for next generation power IC components.Subscribers Only
Automotive MEMS Sensor Unit-Shipments Rose in 2015, Even as Revenue StalledJune 22, 2016Automotive MEMS Sensor Unit-Shipments Rose in 2015, Even as Revenue StalledSubscribers Only
EEHE Germany Highlights - 2016June 22, 2016In the second week of June, key players of the automotive industry got together in Wiesloch, Germany to discuss the future electrical and electronic systems in Hybrid and Electrical Vehicles.Subscribers Only