Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Mobile & Telecom Category - Large Displays Service - Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Advertising (5)
- Consumer Electronics (224)
- Digital Media (220)
- Games (12)
- Large Displays (28)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (2)
- Managed Services (20)
- Mobile Devices (214)
- Mobile Innovation (46)
- Mobile Networks (8)
- Operators & Services (83)
- Semiconductor Market (1)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (187)
- Smart Home & Appliances (214)
- TV Media & Content (167)
- Video (32)
- Africa and Middle East (1)
- Asia Pacific (3)
- Australia (2)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (1)
- China (1)
- Europe (2)
- France (2)
- Germany (2)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (2)
- North America (11)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (2)
- South Korea (2)
- Spain (1)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- UAE (1)
- UK (8)
- USA (16)
- Western Europe (6)
- World (3)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (34)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (28)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (13)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service (6)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (4)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (10)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (33)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- Teardown - Tablets, eReaders & Notebooks Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (13)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (13)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Apple’s iPad family grows with two new offerings and a growing suite of optionsOctober 17, 2014Apple is expanding its iPad offerings with the launch of two new iPads, adding to a line that includes several generations of earlier models.Subscribers Only
UPC Cablecom launches SVoD service MyPrime to compete with NetflixSeptember 04, 2014Liberty Global-owned Swiss operator UPC Cablecom has launched a multiscreen offer - called My Prime on the brink of Netflix’s expansion in Europe. The service is available to UPC Cablecom customers with Horizon and DigiCard premium bundles – Plus and Super - for no...Subscribers Only
Canadian cable giants Rogers and Shaw launch Netflix competitor, ShomiAugust 28, 2014Canadian cable TV market leaders, Rogers and Shaw, intend to launch a subscription video competitor to Netflix, dubbed Shomi, in November 2014 at a price of $8.99 a month. The service will initially be available to Rogers and Shaw Broadband and TV customers.
Amazon acquires gaming platform TwitchAugust 27, 2014Online retail giant Amazon is to acquire online gaming platform Twitch for approximately $970 million. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of 2014. The companies have not announced plans for strategy or integration but Twitch has commented that its office...
Nook Media and Samsung partner to launch the Galaxy Tab 4 NookAugust 22, 2014Nook Media, a Barnes and Noble subsidiary, and Samsung teamed up to develop a co-branded 7-inch Android tablet on Samsung’s hardware with a customized version of Barnes and Noble’s proprietary Nook software running on top of the Android operating system.
Microsoft unveils Surface Pro 3May 22, 2014Microsoft unveiled its newest Surface tablet, the Surface Pro 3. The latest Surface model features a 12-inch, 2,160 x 1,440 liquid crystal display (LCD) and an integrated, adjustable kickstand. The tablet is 9.1mm thick, 14% thinner than...
BBC iPlayer data reveals consumer preference for tablet-based viewingApril 30, 2014BBC iPlayer video consumption on tablets has now reached parity with viewing on the PC. Data from the UK public broadcaster shows that in March 2014, 29% of iPlayer video requests were initated from PCs, with a further 29% initiated from tablets.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Sesame Workshop launches new SVOD service, Sesame GOApril 09, 2014Sesame Workshop, the organization behind Sesame Street, is bringing the classic children’s show and other shows like Pinky Dinky Doo online through a new video on demand service, called Sesame GO, which will be available on Mac and PC, tablet, and mobile devices. The new SVOD service is powered by Kaltura Media GO OTT Solution.Subscribers Only
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
Lenovo announces new ThinkPad multimode tablet/laptop for schoolsFebruary 06, 2014Lenovo is releasing a new line of ThinkPad tablets and laptops specifically designed to be used in schools.
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
Roku launches Roku TVJanuary 09, 2014Roku is set to release its first Smart TV sets, in partnership with Chinese TV set manufacturers TCL and Hisense. The Roku TV represents the tight marriage of display hardware, and a natively-integrated, 3rd...
Hulu hits 5 million paying subscribers, has billion-dollar yearDecember 19, 2013US online video service Hulu has reached 5 million paying subscribers for its Hulu Plus subscription service. Just a year ago, Hulu had three million subscribers, and in April, had accrued four million. Hulu...
Comcast to begin offering movies for digital purchaseNovember 17, 2013Comcast has launched movies and TV show purchases in trial markets. Comcast will join in competition with Apple's iTunes and Vudu in allowing its customers to purchase movies digitally through its...
Amazon Kindle Store goes live in AustraliaNovember 15, 2013Continuing its global expansion, Amazon launched its Australian Kindle Store, providing ebooks, games, and applications for purchase in Australian dollars. Amazon claims the site offers over 2 million ebooks,...
Apple launches iPad Air and retina iPad miniOctober 22, 2013Apple has introduced its latest tablets: the iPad Air and the iPad mini Retina. The iPad Air will be available on November 1st, with the new mini available "later in November." The new mini will be priced at...
UK retailer Tesco launches Hudl tabletOctober 03, 2013Tesco, one of the world's largest retailers, has launched its own tablet, the Hudl, and according to the supermarket chain, has sold 35,000 of the devices in the two days following launch. The Hudl is being...
Amazon Releases New Kindle Fire TabletsSeptember 26, 2013Online retail giant Amazon is to release updated versions of its Kindle Fire tablets. The new tablets will include a new Kindle Fire HD as well as a new model dubbed the Kindle Fire HDX. The HD...
Microsoft Releases New Surface TabletsSeptember 24, 2013Microsoft has released its newest tablets: the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. The tablets will be available for pre-orders in the US from September 24th and launch on October 22nd, shortly after Windows 8.1...