Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Mobile & Telecom Geography - North America Service - Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (27)
- Digital Media (27)
- Games (1)
- Large Displays (11)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (1)
- Managed Services (5)
- Mobile Devices (27)
- Mobile Innovation (11)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Operators & Services (6)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (25)
- Smart Home & Appliances (27)
- TV Media & Content (23)
- Video (2)
- Africa and Middle East (3)
- Asia Pacific (8)
- Australia (7)
- Austria (1)
- Belgium (1)
- Brazil (2)
- Canada (8)
- Central and Eastern Europe (2)
- Chile (1)
- China (3)
- Czech Republic (1)
- Denmark (4)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (16)
- European Union (1)
- Finland (4)
- France (8)
- Germany (12)
- Iceland (2)
- Ireland (7)
- Israel (1)
- Italy (5)
- Japan (4)
- Netherlands (4)
- New Zealand (4)
- Nordic Region (1)
- North America (27)
- Norway (4)
- Poland (2)
- Portugal (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (6)
- South Korea (5)
- Spain (6)
- Sweden (9)
- Switzerland (2)
- UAE (1)
- UK (48)
- USA (62)
- Western Europe (19)
- World (7)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (5)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (48)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (10)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (27)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (12)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (47)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (27)
- Games Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (6)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (9)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (22)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (12)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (10)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (17)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (23)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (23)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (13)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- Teardown - Tablets, eReaders & Notebooks Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (12)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (4)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (8)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (2)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Intel becomes #1 gateway chip supplier with Lantiq acquisitionFebruary 20, 2015Intel is acquiring Lantiq, provider of DSL broadband access and home networking technology. Terms of the deal remain undisclosed, and the process is expected to take 90 days to fully close, pending any regulatory approvals and transaction stipulations.Subscribers Only
BMG enters into direct deal with PandoraSeptember 15, 2014International music rights company Bertelsmann Music Group Rights Management (BMG) has entered into a direct deal with personalised radio service Pandora. The terms of the deal mean that...Subscribers Only
Deezer and Sonos partner to bring music service to USSeptember 12, 2014Deezer is launching its music service in the US through a partnership with wireless audio system vendor, Sonos. The offer, called Deezer Elite, will stream 80% of its 35million track catalogue in FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) at resolution comparable to the CD (16bit, 44.1 kHz).Subscribers Only
Nook Media and Samsung partner to launch the Galaxy Tab 4 NookAugust 22, 2014Nook Media, a Barnes and Noble subsidiary, and Samsung teamed up to develop a co-branded 7-inch Android tablet on Samsung’s hardware with a customized version of Barnes and Noble’s proprietary Nook software running on top of the Android operating system.
Sony brings the PlayStation TV to Europe and North AmericaJune 26, 2014Under the guise of a new name – PlayStation TV – Sony will launch its PS Vita TV micro-console and digital media adapter (DMA) in Europe and North America during 2014.Subscribers Only
Kaltura acquires TvinciMay 09, 2014Online video platform provider Kaltura has acquired Tvinci, a global provider of content management and personalization for OTT video service providers. Tvinci’s customer base spans the Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions with major customers like Eutelsat, Mediacorp, Liberty Global, Solar Entertainment and Yes; while Kaltura has also an established global customer portfolio which includes HBO, ABC, Warner Brothers, Paramount, DirecTV and Turner.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Sesame Workshop launches new SVOD service, Sesame GOApril 09, 2014Sesame Workshop, the organization behind Sesame Street, is bringing the classic children’s show and other shows like Pinky Dinky Doo online through a new video on demand service, called Sesame GO, which will be available on Mac and PC, tablet, and mobile devices. The new SVOD service is powered by Kaltura Media GO OTT Solution.Subscribers Only
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
TiVo to acquire DigitalsmithsMarch 03, 2014Set-top box (STB) and middleware vendor TiVo is to acquire Digitalsmiths, a search and recommendation engine company for $135m in cash, in a transaction expected to be completed during Q1 of 2015. The acquisition is likely to serve several strategic purposes for TiVo...
Hulu hits 5 million paying subscribers, has billion-dollar yearDecember 19, 2013US online video service Hulu has reached 5 million paying subscribers for its Hulu Plus subscription service. Just a year ago, Hulu had three million subscribers, and in April, had accrued four million. Hulu...
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...
Comcast to begin offering movies for digital purchaseNovember 17, 2013Comcast has launched movies and TV show purchases in trial markets. Comcast will join in competition with Apple's iTunes and Vudu in allowing its customers to purchase movies digitally through its...
Roku launches new hardware lineup, adds M-GO serviceOctober 09, 2013Roku launched a new product lineup for 2013, along with announcing an agreement with M-GO.
Amazon Releases New Kindle Fire TabletsSeptember 26, 2013Online retail giant Amazon is to release updated versions of its Kindle Fire tablets. The new tablets will include a new Kindle Fire HD as well as a new model dubbed the Kindle Fire HDX. The HD...
Microsoft Releases New Surface TabletsSeptember 24, 2013Microsoft has released its newest tablets: the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. The tablets will be available for pre-orders in the US from September 24th and launch on October 22nd, shortly after Windows 8.1...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Samsung acquires BoxeeJuly 18, 2013Samsung Electronics recently announced it had acquired startup Boxee, Inc. for an undisclosed sum speculated to be less than $30 million. Boxee's best-known product was its trademark media center software,...
TWC TV comes to XboxJuly 02, 2013US operator Time Warner Cable is porting its IP-video, TWC TV branded service to Microsoft's Xbox 360 platform. Offered at no additional cost to Time Warner Cable digital TV subscribers, TWC TV will bring a...Subscribers Only
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...