Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Mobile & Telecom Analyst - Tom Morrod Service - Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Abel Nevarez (1)
- Alzbeta Fellenbaum (12)
- Cecilia Zhu (4)
- Dan Cryan (10)
- Daniel Simmons (3)
- Erik Brannon (5)
- Fateha Begum (6)
- Harold Vargas (6)
- Horse Liu (1)
- Irina Kornilova (14)
- Jack Kent (3)
- James Allison (2)
- John Kendall (4)
- Laura Aguilera (7)
- Merrick Kingston (28)
- Paul Erickson (13)
- Piers Harding-Rolls (4)
- Przemek Bozek (2)
- Stelios Kotakis (4)
- Ted Hall (1)
- Tim Westcott (1)
- Tom Morrod (8)
- Veronica Gonzalez-Thayer (1)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (12)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (8)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (6)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (2)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (9)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (13)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (5)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (2)
Can V-Nova squeeze HEVC out of the compression market?April 22, 2015UK-based video encoding start-up V-Nova has unveiled a proprietary compression algorithm called Perseus, which it claims uses a set of technologies that are completely new to the industry, and is a competitor to industry standard MPEG’s next-generation codec HEVC. While little has been disclosed about the technical inner workings and processes behind its compression V-Nova claims that Perseus is more efficient and scales better than HEVC.Subscribers Only
Kaltura acquires TvinciMay 09, 2014Online video platform provider Kaltura has acquired Tvinci, a global provider of content management and personalization for OTT video service providers. Tvinci’s customer base spans the Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions with major customers like Eutelsat, Mediacorp, Liberty Global, Solar Entertainment and Yes; while Kaltura has also an established global customer portfolio which includes HBO, ABC, Warner Brothers, Paramount, DirecTV and Turner.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Harris Broadcast splits into Imagine Communications and GatesAirMarch 20, 2014Professional broadcast equipment provider Harris Broadcast will divide into two brand new corporate entities, Imagine Communications and GatesAir. Imagine Communications will provide solutions for delivering and monetizing multiscreen content while GatesAir will focus on TV and radio over-the-air market.
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...
Ericsson to acquire Red Bee MediaJuly 01, 2013Swedish technology provider Ericsson intends to strengthen its market position in the media managed services by acquiring Red Bee Media, one of the leading media broadcast services in the UK. The acquisition,...
Microsoft and Telefonica ink worldwide IPTV and OTT technology dealNovember 21, 2012International software provider Microsoft is to launch a new IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) platform for all operations of international telco Telefonica. The platform, a Telefonica-specified variant of Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV platform, will be termed the...
Red Bee launches RedPlayerJune 15, 2011Broadcast and media service provider Red Bee has launched its first online video platform (OVP), dubbed RedPlayer. The OVP is available as a managed service, targeted at broadcasters, studios and content...