Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Custom Research Type - Press Releases Research by Market - Mobile & Telecom Research by Market - Power & Energy Technology Category - Mobile Devices Category - Mobile Innovation
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (4)
- Displays (23)
- Enterprise & IT (10)
- Healthcare Technology (2)
- Manufacturing Technology (1)
- Media & Advertising (7)
- Mobile & Telecom (51)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (226)
- Power & Energy Technology (9)
- Security Technology (2)
- Semiconductors (181)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (17)
- Advertising (6)
- Automotive Technology (3)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (1)
- Cloud & Data Center (5)
- Consumer Electronics (135)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (3)
- Digital Media (13)
- Digital Signage (2)
- Discrete & Process Automation (1)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1)
- Display Materials & Components (4)
- Enterprise IT Security (2)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (5)
- Games (2)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Large Displays (5)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (8)
- Managed Services (6)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (5)
- Memory & Storage (12)
- MEMS & Sensors (14)
- Mobile Devices (145)
- Mobile Innovation (34)
- Mobile Networks (90)
- Operators & Services (55)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (33)
- Semiconductor Components (125)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (2)
- Semiconductor Market (40)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (24)
- Small & Medium Displays (14)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (29)
- Smart Home & Appliances (10)
- Solar (95)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (12)
- Touch & Interface (12)
- Transformative Technologies (1)
- TV Media & Content (16)
- Video (3)
- Andrew Rassweiler (4)
- Antonio Garzon (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- David Green (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Dexin Chen (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Erik Brannon (1)
- Francis Sideco (27)
- Gerrit Schneemann (6)
- Harold Vargas (1)
- Ian Weightman (2)
- Jack Kent (2)
- James Priyatham (1)
- Jamie Fox (1)
- Jason Hsu (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (3)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jusy Hong (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Merrick Kingston (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Phil Amsrud (1)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (1)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Robbie Galoso (1)
- Ruomeng Wang (1)
- Sam Lucero (1)
- Seth Wallis-Jones (1)
- Steven Mather (2)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tim Westcott (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Wayne Lam (16)
- William Kidd (2)
- Wing Lam (1)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (2)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (113)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (4)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (113)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (14)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (15)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (113)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (114)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (113)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (113)
5G Market Set to Boom – But Clarity is Needed, IHS Markit SaysApril 11, 2019As the first commercial deployments of 5G start to appear, the stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: an ambitious and far-reaching technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
New IHS Markit White Paper Offers Strategies to Improve the Home Broadband ExperienceFebruary 25, 2019Broadband is already a commodity, and these days it is often considered an essential utility, like water and electricity. As such, it has also become a necessity in most households.
IHS Markit Announces Innovation Awards Winners at ShowStoppers at CES in Las VegasJanuary 09, 2019A world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards.
Huawei Ranks First in IoT Platform Vendors in 2018, Based on Market Presence and Momentum, IHS Markit SaysDecember 19, 2018In the new "IoT Platforms Vendor Scorecard" report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), Huawei claimed the top spot, while Cisco Systems, Microsoft, and PTC rounded out the top four ranking.
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at CES 2019December 17, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at the media reception at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
iPhone X Led Global Smartphone Unit Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit SaysJune 06, 2018As global smartphone shipments reached 345.5 million units in the first quarter of 2018, Apple iPhone X was the leading model, with 12.7 million units shipped.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Half a Billion Smartphones and Other Devices with Wireless Power Technology Shipped in 2017, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 13, 2018Led by mobile phones, small appliances and wearables, shipments of consumer electronics devices enabled with wireless charging rose 40 percent in 2017, compared to the previous year.
New Report from IHS Markit Explores Potential Repercussions of Net Neutrality RepealDecember 12, 2017As expectations build for the repeal of net neutrality, business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) today released a report that examines the history of the topic and explores the relevant data on competition that defines the outlook for the internet should current protections be removed.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IPS Display Adoption in Notebook PCs Continues to Increase, IHS Markit SaysOctober 26, 2017Display shipments for notebook PCs are forecast to increase by 5 percent in 2017 to 177 million units compared to the previous year, while notebook PC unit shipments are expected to remain flat during the same period.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Media Alert: IHS Markit Analysts Available to Comment on Apple’s iPhone 8 AnnouncementSeptember 11, 2017For journalists who follow the latest Apple iPhone news, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will make the following analysts available for immediate comment on the 12 September, 2017 iPhone 8 launch announcement.
IHS Markit Announces Innovation Awards Winners for Technology at ShowStoppers at IFA Press Event in BerlinSeptember 01, 2017IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards.