Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Displays Category - Digital Media Category - Digital Signage Service - TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (33)
- Digital Media (9)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Games (1)
- Large Displays (31)
- Managed Services (3)
- Mobile Devices (8)
- Mobile Innovation (2)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Operators & Services (2)
- Semiconductor Components (1)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (12)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (15)
- TV Media & Content (31)
- Video (2)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (34)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (29)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (12)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (29)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (24)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Games Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (25)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (9)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (9)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Philips to sell remaining 30 per cent stake in TP Vision to TPV TechnologyJanuary 23, 2014Philips has announced the sale of their remaining stake in their joint venture TP Vision to their venture partners TPV Technology, thereby transferring to them complete ownership of TP Vision. A term sheet has...
Roku launches Roku TVJanuary 09, 2014Roku is set to release its first Smart TV sets, in partnership with Chinese TV set manufacturers TCL and Hisense. The Roku TV represents the tight marriage of display hardware, and a natively-integrated, 3rd...
PayPal joins forces with LG to enable app purchases on their Smart TV PlatformApril 25, 2013LG has integrated PayPal's online payment system with its Smart TV software platform. The new functionality is currently available to 2013 LG Smart TV models only, sold in Canada, United Kingdom and the United...
LG announced deal to acquire WebOSFebruary 28, 2013LG Electronics announced on February 25, 2013 the acquisition of the WebOS operating system from HP, to be used in its Smart TVs starting early 2014. With this deal LG will obtain the source code,...
Smart TV developments at CESJanuary 15, 2013CES 2013 has ushered in a wealth of smart-TV-related announcements, most notably from The Smart TV Alliance and Roku. The Alliance - founded by LG, TP Vision and Toshiba, in the hopes of developing a single,...
TWC TV launches on RokuJanuary 09, 2013On the heels of a 2012 push to bolster its multiscreen strategy, Time Warner Cable is porting TWC TV to the Roku platform. Complementing existing services on iOS, Android, and PC devices, TWC TV will bring 300...
Verizon FiOS launches on LG Smart TVsDecember 05, 2012US telco Verizon is extending the FiOS television service to 2012-model LG connectable TV sets, and BP620-model LG Blu-ray players. Offering FiOS pay-TV subscribers access to 75 linear channels, the...