Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Displays Category - Digital Media Category - Digital Signage Service - Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (15)
- Digital Media (12)
- Games (1)
- Large Displays (15)
- Managed Services (1)
- Mobile Devices (13)
- Mobile Innovation (10)
- Mobile Networks (3)
- Operators & Services (6)
- Semiconductor Components (1)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (10)
- Smart Home & Appliances (15)
- TV Media & Content (13)
- Video (1)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (34)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (29)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (12)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (29)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (24)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Games Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (25)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (9)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (9)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Amazon introduces Kindle UnlimitedJuly 21, 2014Amazon, the online retail giant, has launched an eBook subscription offer, Kindle Unlimited. The $9.99 per month service allows customers access to over 600,000 Kindle books and thousands of audiobooks.
DirecTV to offer streaming NFL Sunday Ticket to non-subscribersJuly 18, 2014DirecTV is to begin offering NFLSundayTicket.tv, which will allow non-DirecTV subscribers access to NFL Sunday Ticket via laptops, tablets, smartphones, and gaming consoles.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Enhancing user experience in tablets for entertainment: Sony Xperia Z2 and Huawei’s MediaPad X1 and MediaPad M1April 02, 2014A new line of tablets for consumers has been released including Sony's Xperia 10.1 inch tablet and two tablets with smartphone capability by Huawei, the MediaPad X1 and the MediaPad M1.
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Lenovo announces new ThinkPad multimode tablet/laptop for schoolsFebruary 06, 2014Lenovo is releasing a new line of ThinkPad tablets and laptops specifically designed to be used in schools.
Philips to sell remaining 30 per cent stake in TP Vision to TPV TechnologyJanuary 23, 2014Philips has announced the sale of their remaining stake in their joint venture TP Vision to their venture partners TPV Technology, thereby transferring to them complete ownership of TP Vision. A term sheet has...
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
Roku launches Roku TVJanuary 09, 2014Roku is set to release its first Smart TV sets, in partnership with Chinese TV set manufacturers TCL and Hisense. The Roku TV represents the tight marriage of display hardware, and a natively-integrated, 3rd...
Apple launches iPad Air and retina iPad miniOctober 22, 2013Apple has introduced its latest tablets: the iPad Air and the iPad mini Retina. The iPad Air will be available on November 1st, with the new mini available "later in November." The new mini will be priced at...
Big Nokia launches for Microsoft's mobile futureOctober 21, 2013Both sets of new handsets are important products for Nokia and Microsoft. The new Asha handsets are a critical holding action against ever cheaper Android smartphones and a way to maintain customers that can later be sold Lumia Windows Phones. The 1520 an