Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Displays Category - Digital Signage Category - Video Service - Connected Devices Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (24)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (2)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
UPC Cablecom launches SVoD service MyPrime to compete with NetflixSeptember 04, 2014Liberty Global-owned Swiss operator UPC Cablecom has launched a multiscreen offer - called My Prime on the brink of Netflix’s expansion in Europe. The service is available to UPC Cablecom customers with Horizon and DigiCard premium bundles – Plus and Super - for no...Subscribers Only
Canadian cable giants Rogers and Shaw launch Netflix competitor, ShomiAugust 28, 2014Canadian cable TV market leaders, Rogers and Shaw, intend to launch a subscription video competitor to Netflix, dubbed Shomi, in November 2014 at a price of $8.99 a month. The service will initially be available to Rogers and Shaw Broadband and TV customers.
Amazon acquires gaming platform TwitchAugust 27, 2014Online retail giant Amazon is to acquire online gaming platform Twitch for approximately $970 million. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of 2014. The companies have not announced plans for strategy or integration but Twitch has commented that its office...
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Comcast to begin offering movies for digital purchaseNovember 17, 2013Comcast has launched movies and TV show purchases in trial markets. Comcast will join in competition with Apple's iTunes and Vudu in allowing its customers to purchase movies digitally through its...
Google Play TV shows land in the UKAugust 01, 2013Google has added retail TV series to the UK Google Play store. The purchased TV content can be played via the PC browser or through the Google Play application on Android devices and offers...