Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (4)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (1)
- Cinema (1)
- Consumer Electronics (6)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (1)
- Display Materials & Components (1)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (4)
- MEMS & Sensors (2)
- Mobile Devices (2)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (1)
- Semiconductor Components (2)
- Semiconductor Market (3)
- Smart Home & Appliances (6)
- TV Media & Content (3)
- Video Surveillance (1)
- Asia Pacific (1)
- Central America (2)
- Central and Eastern Europe (2)
- China (10)
- Egypt (1)
- Europe (1)
- India (2)
- Japan (3)
- Latin America (1)
- Middle East and Africa (1)
- Philippines (1)
- Russia (1)
- South America (1)
- South Korea (2)
- Taiwan (1)
- Thailand (1)
- Turkey (1)
- Ukraine (1)
- United States of America (4)
- USA (5)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
US Television Market Shrank 9 Percent in 2013 from Persistent SoftnessFebruary 07, 2014The U.S. television market fell a steep 9 percent in 2013 despite the usual last-minute rally during the holiday season in the fourth quarter, which failed to compensate for low demand among...
Cellphone Gray Market Goes Legit, As Sales Continue to DeclineJuly 24, 2013The gray market for cellphones will contract for the second consecutive year in 2013, with worldwide shipments dropping by 12 percent as both makers and buyers of these handsets turn...
US TV Market Set for Second Consecutive Year of Decline in 2013April 09, 2013U.S. television shipments are forecast to decline for a second year in a row in 2013, but growth will resume next year as the liquid crystal display television (LCD TV) segment regains...
LED TVs Become More Price Competitive in the USMarch 12, 2013A nearly 40 percent plunge in pricing during the last three years has made LCD TVs featuring light-emitting diode (LED) backlight technology more cost competitive with televisions using...
Analysis of U.S. Security Warning on Chinese Telecom Equipment ProvidersOctober 08, 2012Citing security concerns, the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee on Monday warned American telecommunications operators not to do business with China's leading communications equipment makers. However, the U.S. telcos already were reticent to purchase equipment from the top Chinese firms—Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and ZTE Corp.—due to scrutiny from the American government. Because of this, the committee’s announcement may not have a major negative impact on current sales levels of China’s equipment providers. However, it could deal a further setback to Huawei’s and ZTE’s efforts to penetrate the American market in the future.
Plasma’s Share of U.S. TV Retail Falls to More than One-Year Low in July as Prices RiseAugust 10, 2012Plasma’s share of all televisions available at U.S. retailers in July fell to the lowest level since the first quarter of 2011, as rising prices acted as a disincentive to consumers, according to an IHS iSuppli U.S. TV Price & Specifications Market Tracker from information and analytics provider IHS (NYSE: IHS).
The share accounted for by plasma of all American TV types available at retail fell to 13.3 percent in July, down from 14.9 percent in June and from 15 percent in July 2011. The last time plasma accounted for such a small percentage of U.S. television retail availability was the first quarter of 2011, when its share dipped to 11.6 percent.