Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Displays Geography - Japan Geography - Nordic Region Geography - North America Service - Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium Service - IoT Devices Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (2)
- Asia Pacific (4)
- Australia (2)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- China (1)
- Europe (2)
- France (2)
- Germany (2)
- International (1)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (2)
- North America (13)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (3)
- South Korea (2)
- Spain (1)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- UAE (1)
- UK (8)
- USA (19)
- Western Europe (8)
- World (5)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (16)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (14)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (10)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (7)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (14)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (21)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (26)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Games Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Media Management Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (19)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- Teardown - Tablets, eReaders & Notebooks Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (11)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (12)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Nook Media and Samsung partner to launch the Galaxy Tab 4 NookAugust 22, 2014Nook Media, a Barnes and Noble subsidiary, and Samsung teamed up to develop a co-branded 7-inch Android tablet on Samsung’s hardware with a customized version of Barnes and Noble’s proprietary Nook software running on top of the Android operating system.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Sesame Workshop launches new SVOD service, Sesame GOApril 09, 2014Sesame Workshop, the organization behind Sesame Street, is bringing the classic children’s show and other shows like Pinky Dinky Doo online through a new video on demand service, called Sesame GO, which will be available on Mac and PC, tablet, and mobile devices. The new SVOD service is powered by Kaltura Media GO OTT Solution.Subscribers Only
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Hulu hits 5 million paying subscribers, has billion-dollar yearDecember 19, 2013US online video service Hulu has reached 5 million paying subscribers for its Hulu Plus subscription service. Just a year ago, Hulu had three million subscribers, and in April, had accrued four million. Hulu...
Comcast to begin offering movies for digital purchaseNovember 17, 2013Comcast has launched movies and TV show purchases in trial markets. Comcast will join in competition with Apple's iTunes and Vudu in allowing its customers to purchase movies digitally through its...
Amazon Releases New Kindle Fire TabletsSeptember 26, 2013Online retail giant Amazon is to release updated versions of its Kindle Fire tablets. The new tablets will include a new Kindle Fire HD as well as a new model dubbed the Kindle Fire HDX. The HD...
Microsoft Releases New Surface TabletsSeptember 24, 2013Microsoft has released its newest tablets: the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. The tablets will be available for pre-orders in the US from September 24th and launch on October 22nd, shortly after Windows 8.1...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Tablets, Phablets, and PCsJune 12, 2013 Subscribers Only
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...
Apple's results demonstrate where it has sustainable differentiationApril 23, 2013Apple reported its results first the first calendar quarter of 2013. Operational metrics remains strong while financial performance slipped very slightly.IHS believes Apple has four assets that will deliver sustainable differentiation in the future, notab
Smart TV developments at CESJanuary 15, 2013CES 2013 has ushered in a wealth of smart-TV-related announcements, most notably from The Smart TV Alliance and Roku. The Alliance - founded by LG, TP Vision and Toshiba, in the hopes of developing a single,...