Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (1)
- Americas (1)
- Asia Pacific (4)
- Australia (3)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (2)
- China (5)
- Europe (5)
- France (3)
- Germany (2)
- India (1)
- Ireland (1)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (4)
- North America (15)
- Russia (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (3)
- South Korea (2)
- Spain (1)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (3)
- UAE (1)
- UK (15)
- USA (24)
- Western Europe (9)
- World (3)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (3)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (25)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (26)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (26)
- Games Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (3)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (4)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (6)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (12)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (7)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (9)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (2)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Swisscom moves multiscreen platform to the main TV screenApril 30, 2014Swisscom has launched a new iteration of its IPTV service, which it has branded TV 2.0. The next generation TV experience employs a set-top box with Android-based Teatro-3.5 software platform from Switzerland’s i-Wedia, and supports network DVR. The box uses Verimatrix VCAS and Microsoft PlayReady for content protection. The STB is powered by Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 Plus system-on-a-chip (SoC), and is 802.11ac Wi-Fi-enabled.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Enhancing user experience in tablets for entertainment: Sony Xperia Z2 and Huawei’s MediaPad X1 and MediaPad M1April 02, 2014A new line of tablets for consumers has been released including Sony's Xperia 10.1 inch tablet and two tablets with smartphone capability by Huawei, the MediaPad X1 and the MediaPad M1.
Apple's Q4 2013 iPad Results Analysis: With US market maturing focus is on ChinaJanuary 30, 2014Apple reported its results for calendar quarter Q4 2013, (the first quarter of Apple’s 2014 financial year) with iPad, iPhone and Mac all showing unit and revenue growth year over year (YoY).
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
UK retailer Tesco launches Hudl tabletOctober 03, 2013Tesco, one of the world's largest retailers, has launched its own tablet, the Hudl, and according to the supermarket chain, has sold 35,000 of the devices in the two days following launch. The Hudl is being...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...
Apple's results demonstrate where it has sustainable differentiationApril 23, 2013Apple reported its results first the first calendar quarter of 2013. Operational metrics remains strong while financial performance slipped very slightly.IHS believes Apple has four assets that will deliver sustainable differentiation in the future, notab