Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
[Display Dynamics] Three issues surrounding the AMOLED market in 2015January 16, 2015In 2014, the AMOLED panel industry was apparently baffled by an unexpected dip in demand. Many of the flagship smartphones featuring AMOLED were not welcome in the market, and AMOLED for TVs and tablets, though launched as an ambitious bid, also fell flat due to its weak price competitiveness not matching up to that of liquid crystal display (LCD). That is why the year 2015 is going to be a very important year for the AMOLED panel industry. First of all, it would need to regain the lost pride in the smartphone panel market and strengthen the price competitiveness of the AMOLED for TV and tablet use.
[Display Dynamics] “Soluble” AMOLED technology, optimal method for large-sized AMOLED TVJanuary 01, 2015Whether it be WOLED or “soluble” AMOLED, in order to enter the AMOLED TV market, many technical issues must first be addressed. As of now, there is no way to be sure that these issues will be addressed nor about the exact timing. Still, one thing is clear that if it takes too long to address the issues, the chances of the AMOLED TV being well received in the market as a promising product will fall greatly.