Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (60)
- Digital Media (33)
- Digital Signage (18)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (8)
- Display Materials & Components (8)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (7)
- Games (2)
- Large Displays (83)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (15)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Mobile Devices (44)
- Mobile Innovation (35)
- Mobile Networks (6)
- Operators & Services (16)
- Semiconductor Components (3)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (1)
- Semiconductor Market (5)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (31)
- Small & Medium Displays (26)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Cities (7)
- Smart Home & Appliances (30)
- Touch & Interface (2)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- TV Media & Content (43)
- Video (1)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (5)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (3)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Silicon Labs’ acquisition of Zentri shows how a semiconductor company can transform itself into a growing IoT companyJanuary 27, 2017On Monday January 23rd, Silicon Labs announced the acquisition of Zentri, a 20-person module and software vendor, for an undisclosed amount. This insight will provide summary and analysis of Silicon Lab’s recent acquisition.
Barnes & Noble launches the Galaxy Tab S2 NOOK – AMOLED for readersOctober 26, 2015Barnes & Noble (B&N), the largest retail bookseller in the United States, in collaboration with Samsung Electronics recently introduced the Galaxy Tab S2 NOOK. With this release, B&N becomes one of the few vendors offering a tablet with a Super AMOLED display. Additional specification details can be found on our analyst commentary “Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - built with energy efficiency in mind (insert direct link). Note, the S2 NOOK is only available in the 8-inch size.Subscribers Only
Apple recommits to tablet market with iPad ProSeptember 10, 2015iPad Pro features: - Largest iPad screen to date, at 12.9-inches a full 3-inches larger than the iPad Air 2 - Retina performance, 5.6 million pixels, more than the MacBook Retina Pro - New 64 –bit A9X System on Chip (SoC), faster than 80% of current portable PCs - Faster graphics than 90% of portable PCs - New 4 speaker audio system with 3X the volume of the iPad Air 2, reorients with rotation - New Apple Pencil and full size, Smart Keyboard expand input options - iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard go on sale in November of 2015 Apple also announced: - New iPad mini 4, with performance to match the iPad Air 2 - No changes to iPad Air 2 in this announcement.Subscribers Only
Toshiba builds on Windows 10 launch with a wave of new machinesJuly 29, 2015In synch with the Windows 10 launch, Toshiba is revamping its notebook lineup with a number of new models. Launching in Q3 2015, new products include four new series of clamshell notebooks and two new convertibles. On the notebook side, Toshiba introduced the C, L, S and P notebook series targeted at different levels of consumers.Subscribers Only
New Trends in Workforce Solutions Drive Increasing Use of Cloud-Based Software Services and Other Innovative ApproachesJuly 30, 2014Cloud-based software solutions, biometric terminals and mobile apps are among the key trends in the years to come for managing the workforce in business settings, according to new analysis from IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
PC Market Still Struggling; Numbers are Down in Q2October 16, 2013The PC market continued to muddle through as shipments declined once more in the second quarter, with computers as a whole proving no match against the unrelenting popularity of smartphones and tablets...
IHS Boosts Long-Term UHD LCD TV Forecast—Predicts 4.6 Million Units Shipped in US in 2018July 24, 2013While ultra-high-definition (UHD) sets still will be relegated to a small share of total television shipments for the next few years, recent moves by panel makers and brands to reduce costs...
China Becomes World’s Leading PC Market in 2012April 29, 2013China rose to the top of the PC market for the first time ever on an annual basis last year, relegating the United States to second place with a lead of more than 3 million units...
China: No. 1 PC Market Exhibits Unique CharacteristicsDesktops are equally as popular as notebooks, counter to trends elsewhere in the worldApril 25, 2013
China rose to the top of the PC market for the first time last year, dispatching the United States to second place by a lead of more than 3 million units. PC shipments in 2012 to China amounted to 69 million units, exceeding the 66 million total reached by the United States. Only a year earlier in 2011, the United States was the leading global destination for PCs of all stripes, including desktops and notebooks. China’s PC market also displays distinct characteristics that set it apart from the PC trade elsewhere, possessing a vast untapped rural market and unique consumer-purchasing patterns.