Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- 3D Printing Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (2)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (3)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (3)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (4)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (2)
Trending: Onshoring electric motor production supports demand for EVs and HEVsOctober 11, 2019Half a decade ago the production of traction motors for electric and hybrid-electric vehicles was concentrated in the home location of the Automotive OEM. This was simply because the demand for EV/HEVs was not worth the investment of building new facilities close to the demand location. However, the rapid growth in demand for EVs in the recent years is gradually influencing the supply chain, companies’ business models, and encouraging more collaboration and joint ventures in the automotive industry. In the Chinese market, joint ventures between traditionally large western OEMs who wish to enter the Chinese market and local vendors are becoming more commonplace. The most recent announcement was in August 2019 about the joint venture between Nidec – a Japanese electric motor company – and GAC Motor – a Chinese vehicle manufacturer – to produce traction motors.
Manufacturing Technology Asia 2017 – Identifying the keys to success in the IIoT journeyMay 10, 2017Manufacturing Technology Asia (MTA) 2017, held in Singapore from 4 -7 April, attracted over 12,500 professional attendees from high-value industries and sectors including aerospace, complex equipment, electronics, oil and gas, marine and offshore engineering, precision engineering, and medical technology. Advanced manufacturing technologies such as additive manufacturing, augmented and virtual reality and the industrial internet of things (IIoT) were the highlights of the tradeshow.