Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (3)
- Americas (1)
- Argentina (1)
- Asia (1)
- Asia Pacific (7)
- Australia (1)
- Brazil (2)
- Canada (2)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- China (5)
- Czech Republic (1)
- Eastern Europe (1)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (9)
- Finland (1)
- France (4)
- Germany (4)
- India (1)
- Indonesia (2)
- Ireland (2)
- Italy (2)
- Japan (4)
- Mexico (1)
- Netherlands (1)
- North America (16)
- Pakistan (1)
- Portugal (1)
- Rest of Africa and Middle East (1)
- Russia (1)
- South and Central America (5)
- South Korea (5)
- Spain (3)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- UK (10)
- USA (13)
- Vietnam (1)
- Western Europe (6)
- World (9)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (70)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (96)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (51)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (92)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (15)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (43)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (62)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (45)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (26)
- Games Intelligence Service (50)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (34)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (5)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (28)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (54)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (12)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (19)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (27)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (10)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (41)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (73)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (8)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (10)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (43)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (6)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (7)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
The outlook for Android STBsJuly 14, 2016This report provides a holistic view of Android OS across the pay TV and OTT retail STB landscape - focusing on the strategies and rationale of pay TV operators who have chosen Android implementations. The report also analyses the OTT STB market and the impact of Google's current vision of its Android platform.Subscribers Only
Amazon introduces Kindle UnlimitedJuly 21, 2014Amazon, the online retail giant, has launched an eBook subscription offer, Kindle Unlimited. The $9.99 per month service allows customers access to over 600,000 Kindle books and thousands of audiobooks.
DirecTV to offer streaming NFL Sunday Ticket to non-subscribersJuly 18, 2014DirecTV is to begin offering NFLSundayTicket.tv, which will allow non-DirecTV subscribers access to NFL Sunday Ticket via laptops, tablets, smartphones, and gaming consoles.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
New developments in productivity tablets: HP Pavilion 11t x360 and Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2April 02, 2014Hewlett-Packard’s latest convertible touchscreen tablet/notebook PC, the HP Pavilion 11T x360 launched on February 26 for $399. The convertible tablet PC features a hinged screen which allows it to fold into laptop mode for use with the attached keyboard or...
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Mobile operators and handset OEMs should fear Samsung's retail expansionJanuary 30, 2014Samsung plans to open sixty Samsung-branded stores across seven countries in partnership with technology retailer Carphone Warehouse. Operators will be disappointed to see an already dominant mobile handset maker become even stronger in retail. By having a one stop shop for all Samsung device sales and crucially repairs and other trouble shooting, Samsung stores could steer more consumers into its stores and not into operators' stores.
PS4 and Xbox One Console Forecasts: Neck and neck at launchNovember 12, 2013PS4 and Xbox One Console Forecasts: Neck and neck at launch During November both Sony and Microsoft will release their new consoles onto the market. With the determination of both companies not to give...
Big Nokia launches for Microsoft's mobile futureOctober 21, 2013Both sets of new handsets are important products for Nokia and Microsoft. The new Asha handsets are a critical holding action against ever cheaper Android smartphones and a way to maintain customers that can later be sold Lumia Windows Phones. The 1520 an
PS4 and Xbox One launch territories announcements impact on hardware forecastsAugust 28, 2013The recent announcements from Microsoft and Sony regarding the final list of launch territories for the Xbox One and PS4 in 2013 impacts our sales forecasts for hardware and software, in general...Subscribers Only
Nintendo 2DS Launch Makes Commercial SenseAugust 27, 20132DS Launch Makes Commercial Sense The launch of the 2DS makes commercial sense. IHS believes that the market for dedicated handhelds is narrowing, but with younger handheld gamers less likely to overlap...Subscribers Only
Tablets, Phablets, and PCsJune 12, 2013 Subscribers Only
Arris to acquire Motorola Home division from GoogleDecember 20, 2012US network equipment maker Arris has won a bid to acquire Motorola Home from Google for $2.35b. The Home division is part of the Motorola Mobility business that Google took control of in May 2012 for $12.5b,...
Pace looking past set-top boxes with Motorola acquisitionDecember 19, 2012UK set-top box vendor Pace has submitted a non-binding bid to acquire Google's Motorola Home business unit. Motorola Home encompasses the division of Motorola that manufacturers STBs, IPTV distribution...
Apple takes wrong turn with MapsSeptember 25, 2012Apple’s Maps application starts off on the wrong foot – the app's icon indicates a left turn off the side of a bridge on to Interstate 280! There are numerous issues with the product's performance. For the first time, both Android and Windows Phone have a...
Dark days for RIM with further losses likelyApril 01, 2012Blackberry maker RIM reported its fourth quarter results, featuring its first quarterly loss in nearly nine years. Revenue dropped 19 per cent from the previous quarter to $4.19bn and led to a $125m net loss....
LG and Unity Technology partner for smart TV gamingMarch 07, 2012On the heels of LG's announcement at CES that it is partnering with Gaikai for streaming game demos, the CE giant also made a deal with game technology maker Unity Technologies to carry Union games on LG TVs....