Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (4)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (3)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Kaltura acquires TvinciMay 09, 2014Online video platform provider Kaltura has acquired Tvinci, a global provider of content management and personalization for OTT video service providers. Tvinci’s customer base spans the Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions with major customers like Eutelsat, Mediacorp, Liberty Global, Solar Entertainment and Yes; while Kaltura has also an established global customer portfolio which includes HBO, ABC, Warner Brothers, Paramount, DirecTV and Turner.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...