Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (9)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
The outlook for Android STBsJuly 14, 2016This report provides a holistic view of Android OS across the pay TV and OTT retail STB landscape - focusing on the strategies and rationale of pay TV operators who have chosen Android implementations. The report also analyses the OTT STB market and the impact of Google's current vision of its Android platform.Subscribers Only
Technicolor to acquire Cisco’s STB and Broadband CPE businessJuly 30, 2015Technicolor is to acquire Cisco’s Connected Devices division, which generated USD 1.8 billion in sales of set-top boxes (STBs) and broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) in 2014, for USD 600 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to close in late 2015 or early 2016, and will see Cisco’s STB and CPE products and workforce transferred to Technicolor’s Connected Home business unit, which recorded revenue of just under USD 1.8 billion in 2014. Cisco will retain its cloud and infrastructure solutions for video, which are currently marketed under the Videoscape brand.
Arris to acquire Motorola Home division from GoogleDecember 20, 2012US network equipment maker Arris has won a bid to acquire Motorola Home from Google for $2.35b. The Home division is part of the Motorola Mobility business that Google took control of in May 2012 for $12.5b,...