Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa (1)
- Africa and Middle East (4)
- Americas (2)
- Asia (2)
- Asia Pacific (6)
- Australia (1)
- Austria (2)
- Austria and Switzerland (1)
- Bahrain (1)
- Belgium (5)
- Benelux (1)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (5)
- Central and Eastern Europe (7)
- Chile (1)
- China (26)
- Denmark (1)
- Eastern Europe (9)
- Europe (11)
- European Union (2)
- France (9)
- Germany (6)
- Global (2)
- India (5)
- Indonesia (2)
- Ireland (1)
- Israel (3)
- Japan (1)
- Kazakhstan (1)
- Latin America (3)
- Lebanon (1)
- Luxembourg (2)
- Mexico (4)
- Middle East (2)
- Netherlands (4)
- North Africa (2)
- North America (13)
- Peru (1)
- Poland (2)
- Rest of Asia Pacific (1)
- Rest of Central and Eastern Europe (2)
- Russia (1)
- Saudi Arabia (6)
- Singapore (1)
- South America (1)
- South and Central America (1)
- South Korea (7)
- Spain (2)
- Spain and Portugal (1)
- Switzerland (2)
- Thailand (1)
- Tunisia (1)
- Turkey (2)
- UAE (3)
- UK (12)
- USA (28)
- Vietnam (2)
- Western Europe (14)
- World (16)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (60)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (136)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (103)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (89)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (22)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (43)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (9)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (91)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (45)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (22)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (25)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (59)
- Games Intelligence Service (48)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (30)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (3)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (64)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (6)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (6)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (51)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (6)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (46)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (145)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (11)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (31)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (20)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (40)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (53)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- SSD and HDD Storage Intelligence Service (3)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (15)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (95)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (150)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (10)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (76)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (8)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (7)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Cineworld to become the largest exhibitor in North AmericaDecember 19, 2019UK operator Cineworld has announced the intention to acquire Canadian Cineplex International to become the largest exhibitor in North America. Cineplex is the largest exhibitor in Canada and enjoyed a 75% market share as at September 2019.
Cineplex Entertainment's popcorn and F&B to connect cinema with VOD audiences at homeDecember 13, 2019Canadian exhibitor group Cineplex has added 130 of its cinemas to the food delivery system SkipTheDishes. The platform's clients can now buy from popcorn to drinks to hotdogs for an in-home movie expeirence, and also can get vouchers to rent a film in Cineplex Store HD for CAD 5.99.
Barco invests in Chinese LED manufacturerSeptember 16, 2019Projector manufacturer and visualisation firm, Barco, has announced a strategic deal with Chinese firm Unilumin, a major LED manufacturer. As part of the collaboration, Barco intends to acquire a minority stake in the company through a share transfer agreement.
Laser projector lines from Cinionic, Christie behind significant replacement dealsJune 26, 2019Leading global exhibitor Cineworld Group with over 9,500 screens has struck a deal with Cinionic, the Barco, CGS and ALPD joint venture, to roll out over 1,000 Barco laser projectors over the next 18 months.
4D screens expanding to new markets in 2019May 08, 2019CJ 4Dplex has signed a new deal with Cineplex Deutschland to launch the first 4DX theatre in Germany in April 2019. The deal marks the first of any 4D manufacturer in the territory.
Cinepolis sets foot in the Middle East and Pathe in Africa in 2019May 03, 2019Mexican exhibition group Cinepolis, the largest in South America by number of screens, opened its first cinema in the Middle East in Q1 2019, in Bahrain. Separately, French exhibition group Pathe has opened its first cinema outside Europe, in Tunisia.
Two new global PLF brands launch in premium cinema market in 2019February 22, 2019Two new global PLF (premium large format) brands have launched in Q1 2019 further intensifying market competition in the developing PLF cinema market. Digital technology company, Sony, has launched a new PLF system known as Sony Digital Cinema which will see the company enter into direct competition with Imax and Dolby Cinema for the first time.
Vox Cinemas to embark on major expansion in Saudi ArabiaFebruary 15, 2019Leading Middle East exhibitor, Vox Cinemas, is planning to open over 100 screens by year end 2019 in Saudi Arabia, underlining the strong growth potential in this newly opened-up cinema territory.
CJ 4DPlex posts new records for experiential cinema formatsJanuary 23, 2019Experiential cinema technology company, CJ 4Dplex, has reported record results for both of its technology formats: in 4DX, its motion with environmental stimuli seating and Screen X, the multi-screen/projector format.
Imax officially abandons VR hub trialDecember 19, 2018Imax has called time on its location-based virtual reality (VR) pilot first launched in 2016. The future of the initiative was first plunged into doubt earlier in 2018 as the company began shuttering two non-profitable sites (Shanghai and New York in June 2018), promptly followed by other closures, such as Manchester, its only European site in November 2018.
RealD’s Ultimate Screen gains traction with WandaDecember 14, 2018RealD has secured its most significant order by a circuit for the RealD Ultimate Screen with a 100-screen order from Wanda Cinema Line Corporation in China. The deal will see no fewer than 100 RealD Ultimate screens installed in premium screens of Wanda Cinema line.
CGR commits to all RGB projectionOctober 10, 2018Leading French exhibitor, CGR Cinemas, has stated its intention to use all RGB laser projectors to power its approximately 700 screens across 73 locations with Christie as its exclusive laser projector provider
Kinepolis expands strongly in first half 2018, driven by acquisitionsAugust 23, 2018Belgian exhibition group Kinepolis grew its cinema attendance by 45% in the first of 2018, thanks largely to the groups’ acquisition strategy.
Kinepolis selects laser for start of replacement wave with Cinionic/BarcoJune 20, 2018Kinepolis has earmarked the start of its replacement schedule of first-generation digital projectors to laser technology in a deal with Cinionic/Barco for 300 laser systems over the next three years. The deal includes both new and existing screens in its European territories such as Belgium, France, Netherlands and Spain as well as its more recent acquisition of Landmark Cinemas of Canada.
Samsung targets India as major territory for growth of Cinema LEDJune 04, 2018PVR cinemas and INOX, the two leading multiplex circuits in India, have both agreed to install the potentially disruptive Cinema LED display technology branded as ONYX from Samsung later in 2018.
Cineworld flexes its new found global status with slew of equipment dealsApril 30, 2018Cineworld, which recently climbed to second in the global exhibitor rankings following its Q1 2018 $3.4bn acquisition of Regal Entertainment, in turn the largest US exhibitor by number of screens, has flexed its new found global muscle with a slew of equipment deals in keeping with its strategy to increase investment in premium cinema formats.
PLF screens exceed 3,000 for the first time in 2017April 20, 2018The number of Premium Large Format (PLF) screens rose by 21.3% to hit a new high in 2017 (3,191) eclipsing the 3,000 screen milestone for the first time based on the count for both exhibitor and global-branded screens.Subscribers Only
AMC to open the first commercial cinema in Saudi Arabia in April after an almost 38-year banApril 09, 2018US Cinema exhibitor AMC, owned by Chinese conglomerate Wanda, has been the first operator to announce the opening of a cinema in the Kingdom since the ban on commercial cinemas was lifted in December last year.
Saudi cinema plans progress and circuits plan the futureFebruary 21, 2018Following the well-publicised opening up of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to cinemas, a number of cinema circuits have announced plans to open sites in the country.
A brief review of the 2017 cinema exhibition market in EuropeFebruary 07, 2018The 2017 cinema-going industry in Europe has a mixed picture from territories that have reported their results so far. Western Europe saw a decline in cinema visits in 2017. Italy and Norway have suffered the most. Central and Eastern Europe, however, paints a more optimistic picture with a majority of the territories having reported a positive growth.