Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (3)
- Asia Pacific (8)
- Australia (7)
- Austria (1)
- Belgium (1)
- Brazil (5)
- Canada (9)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- Chile (1)
- China (3)
- Czech Republic (1)
- Denmark (4)
- Eastern Europe (1)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (17)
- European Union (1)
- Finland (4)
- France (9)
- Germany (14)
- Iceland (2)
- India (1)
- Ireland (7)
- Israel (1)
- Italy (6)
- Japan (5)
- Latin America (1)
- Netherlands (4)
- New Zealand (4)
- Nordic Region (1)
- North America (29)
- Norway (4)
- Poland (2)
- Portugal (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (6)
- South Korea (5)
- Spain (7)
- Sweden (9)
- Switzerland (2)
- UAE (1)
- UK (50)
- USA (69)
- Western Europe (20)
- World (9)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (47)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (64)
- Broadband Media Netflix for Melvin Capital - Extract (2)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (44)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (38)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (13)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (19)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (40)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (20)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (3)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (10)
- Games Intelligence Service (10)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (18)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (3)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (15)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (19)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (3)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (12)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (7)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (19)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (19)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (5)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (17)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (53)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (35)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Virgin Media revamps TV service around V6 box, as Liberty Global commences wider hardware rolloutNovember 30, 2016UK cable operator Virgin Media has unveiled its new advanced TV platform, centred around the V6 set-top box and supported by several multiscreen apps, a new tablet device and an electronic sell-through (EST) service, Virgin Media Store.
AT&T and Quickplay - as much about OTT as it is about hedging, diversification, and tech captureMay 25, 2016AT&T is set to acquire OTT solutions and managed-media- services provider Quickplay Media. Although the terms of the deal are unknown, the sale almost certainly surpasses USD 100m in value; private equity group Madison Dearborn Partners purchased a majority stake in Quickplay in Q3 2012 for roughly USD 100m.Subscribers Only
Sony and Samsung partner on PlayStation NowDecember 30, 2014Sony’s PlayStation Now service is being brought to a range of 2015-year Samsung Smart TV sets. The PlayStation Now gaming platform – which remains in beta in the US and Canada – presently allows PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, and Bravia TV owners to stream a selection of PS3 titles to their Sony devices. Rental prices – which remain in-flux – currently range from USD 1.99 to USD 19.99, and vary as a function of a rental length.
Canadian cable giants Rogers and Shaw launch Netflix competitor, ShomiAugust 28, 2014Canadian cable TV market leaders, Rogers and Shaw, intend to launch a subscription video competitor to Netflix, dubbed Shomi, in November 2014 at a price of $8.99 a month. The service will initially be available to Rogers and Shaw Broadband and TV customers.
Mobile operators and handset OEMs should fear Samsung's retail expansionJanuary 30, 2014Samsung plans to open sixty Samsung-branded stores across seven countries in partnership with technology retailer Carphone Warehouse. Operators will be disappointed to see an already dominant mobile handset maker become even stronger in retail. By having a one stop shop for all Samsung device sales and crucially repairs and other trouble shooting, Samsung stores could steer more consumers into its stores and not into operators' stores.
Roku launches new hardware lineup, adds M-GO serviceOctober 09, 2013Roku launched a new product lineup for 2013, along with announcing an agreement with M-GO.
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Ericsson to acquire Red Bee MediaJuly 01, 2013Swedish technology provider Ericsson intends to strengthen its market position in the media managed services by acquiring Red Bee Media, one of the leading media broadcast services in the UK. The acquisition,...
Apple's results demonstrate where it has sustainable differentiationApril 23, 2013Apple reported its results first the first calendar quarter of 2013. Operational metrics remains strong while financial performance slipped very slightly.IHS believes Apple has four assets that will deliver sustainable differentiation in the future, notab
Netflix losses increase for International, but per-subscriber financials improveJanuary 24, 2013Streaming online video service provider Netflix saw a 33 per cent increase in paying International subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2012. The company ended the period with 4.892m paying subscribers...
MTG extends device availability of Viaplay multiscreen serviceOctober 14, 2012International entertainment broadcasting group Modern Times Group (MTG) has widened the availability of its main OTT service Viaplay to the PlayStation 3 (PS3) gaming console for consumers in Denmark, Sweden,...Subscribers Only
C More, TV4 Group, Bonnier to launch a new online video service Filmnet in SwedenSeptember 19, 2012Bonnier-owned media company TV4 Group and pay-TV broadcaster C More are to launch a new online video subscription service, Filmnet.se. The service will initially be available from the end of September 2012 in...
Netflix to launch in the Nordic regionAugust 15, 2012Netflix is to launch its streaming-only subscription service in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland by the end of 2012. The company will offer both TV shows and movies, although no details have been...
Heavy promotions drive France Telecom growth in SpainJuly 29, 2012France Telecom Group achieved a 4.7 per cent year-on-year (YoY) increase in fixed broadband subscribers in Q2 2012. In its latest results, the company reported 654,000 net additions, including 378,000 in...
IPLA to add Filmbox and Kino Polska channelsJuly 26, 2012Polish on demand service IPLA (backed by pay TV and DTH provider Cyfrowy Polsat), has added the Filmbox Live family of channels to its offer. Customers can now buy a Filmbox Live package for 29.90PLN...
EU vote rejects ACTA copyright legislationJuly 08, 2012The European Parliament has overwhelmingly voted against proposed copyright legislation, the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). The European Union (EU) parliament's members voted 478 to...
thePlatform deploys with NBCUJune 19, 2012Multiscreen-video solutions provider thePlatform has deployed its mpx content management system (CMS) with NBCUniversal. Central to multiscreen IP-video services, the CMS is a critical part of any operator or...Subscribers Only
Netflix to launch services in SwedenMay 17, 2012US disc-by-post and online video service provider Netflix intends to launch an OTT video service in Sweden later in 2012, according to local players. The company is understood to be in talks with local...
NorDig to apply the HbbTV specification instead of DVB MHPApril 18, 2012NorDig, the digital broadcasting standards body of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Ireland, has added the HbbTV standard as the API for interactive services for advanced integrated receiver...