Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (3)
- Asia Pacific (8)
- Australia (7)
- Austria (1)
- Belgium (1)
- Brazil (5)
- Canada (9)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- Chile (1)
- China (3)
- Czech Republic (1)
- Denmark (4)
- Eastern Europe (1)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (17)
- European Union (1)
- Finland (4)
- France (9)
- Germany (14)
- Iceland (2)
- India (1)
- Ireland (7)
- Israel (1)
- Italy (6)
- Japan (5)
- Latin America (1)
- Netherlands (4)
- New Zealand (4)
- Nordic Region (1)
- North America (29)
- Norway (4)
- Poland (2)
- Portugal (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (6)
- South Korea (5)
- Spain (7)
- Sweden (9)
- Switzerland (2)
- UAE (1)
- UK (50)
- USA (69)
- Western Europe (20)
- World (9)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (62)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (103)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (71)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (56)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (18)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (29)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (7)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (64)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (31)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (19)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (42)
- Games Intelligence Service (39)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (9)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (44)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (5)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (2)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (28)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (2)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (59)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (9)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (17)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (16)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (34)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (39)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (11)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (37)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (94)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (54)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (3)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Virgin Media revamps TV service around V6 box, as Liberty Global commences wider hardware rolloutNovember 30, 2016UK cable operator Virgin Media has unveiled its new advanced TV platform, centred around the V6 set-top box and supported by several multiscreen apps, a new tablet device and an electronic sell-through (EST) service, Virgin Media Store.
AT&T and Quickplay - as much about OTT as it is about hedging, diversification, and tech captureMay 25, 2016AT&T is set to acquire OTT solutions and managed-media- services provider Quickplay Media. Although the terms of the deal are unknown, the sale almost certainly surpasses USD 100m in value; private equity group Madison Dearborn Partners purchased a majority stake in Quickplay in Q3 2012 for roughly USD 100m.Subscribers Only
Microsoft unveils Windows 10January 26, 2015Under the banner of Windows 10, Microsoft is on the verge of deploying a single operating system that spans – and indeed draws together – the company’s PC, tablet, mobile, and gaming hardware platforms.
Sony and Samsung partner on PlayStation NowDecember 30, 2014Sony’s PlayStation Now service is being brought to a range of 2015-year Samsung Smart TV sets. The PlayStation Now gaming platform – which remains in beta in the US and Canada – presently allows PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, and Bravia TV owners to stream a selection of PS3 titles to their Sony devices. Rental prices – which remain in-flux – currently range from USD 1.99 to USD 19.99, and vary as a function of a rental length.
Deezer and Sonos partner to bring music service to USSeptember 12, 2014Deezer is launching its music service in the US through a partnership with wireless audio system vendor, Sonos. The offer, called Deezer Elite, will stream 80% of its 35million track catalogue in FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) at resolution comparable to the CD (16bit, 44.1 kHz).Subscribers Only
Canadian cable giants Rogers and Shaw launch Netflix competitor, ShomiAugust 28, 2014Canadian cable TV market leaders, Rogers and Shaw, intend to launch a subscription video competitor to Netflix, dubbed Shomi, in November 2014 at a price of $8.99 a month. The service will initially be available to Rogers and Shaw Broadband and TV customers.
Xbox One update: Microsoft’s march to control your living room continues forwardAugust 21, 2014At the 2014 Gamescom trade fair, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One would soon be updated in a number of ways, and detailed new features being rolled out first to members of its early access program. Most prominently discussed was the ability to stream live TV content from the Xbox One over the local network to smartphones and tablets running the Xbox SmartGlass app.Subscribers Only
Sony brings the PlayStation TV to Europe and North AmericaJune 26, 2014Under the guise of a new name – PlayStation TV – Sony will launch its PS Vita TV micro-console and digital media adapter (DMA) in Europe and North America during 2014.Subscribers Only
Swisscom moves multiscreen platform to the main TV screenApril 30, 2014Swisscom has launched a new iteration of its IPTV service, which it has branded TV 2.0. The next generation TV experience employs a set-top box with Android-based Teatro-3.5 software platform from Switzerland’s i-Wedia, and supports network DVR. The box uses Verimatrix VCAS and Microsoft PlayReady for content protection. The STB is powered by Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 Plus system-on-a-chip (SoC), and is 802.11ac Wi-Fi-enabled.
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
Roku launches new hardware lineup, adds M-GO serviceOctober 09, 2013Roku launched a new product lineup for 2013, along with announcing an agreement with M-GO.
UK retailer Tesco launches Hudl tabletOctober 03, 2013Tesco, one of the world's largest retailers, has launched its own tablet, the Hudl, and according to the supermarket chain, has sold 35,000 of the devices in the two days following launch. The Hudl is being...
Com Hem to launch TiVo platform with Netflix integrationSeptember 26, 2013Swedish cable company Com Hem is to add Netflix video streaming services to its forthcoming TiVo set-top box. Officially TiVo goes live on the 7th of October 2013, with Netflix available from December. Com Hem...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Telefonica, Vodafone and Orange sign fibre broadband agreement in SpainJuly 04, 2013Spanish incumbent telco Telefonica has signed an agreement with alt-nets Vodafone and Orange, allowing parties to share vertical fibre infrastructure in buildings in Spain. According to the terms of the deal,...Subscribers Only
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...
Apple's results demonstrate where it has sustainable differentiationApril 23, 2013Apple reported its results first the first calendar quarter of 2013. Operational metrics remains strong while financial performance slipped very slightly.IHS believes Apple has four assets that will deliver sustainable differentiation in the future, notab
Netflix losses increase for International, but per-subscriber financials improveJanuary 24, 2013Streaming online video service provider Netflix saw a 33 per cent increase in paying International subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2012. The company ended the period with 4.892m paying subscribers...
Netflix now serving majority of international video traffic through Open Connect CDNJanuary 11, 2013Online video service provider Netflix now claims to be delivering the majority of its international video traffic via its proprietary CDN 'Open Connect'. Simultaneously, the company announced that it is now...