Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (3)
- Consumer Electronics (8)
- Digital Media (5)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (4)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (2)
- Mobile Devices (16)
- Mobile Innovation (6)
- Mobile Networks (11)
- Operators & Services (7)
- Semiconductor Components (15)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (2)
- Semiconductor Market (16)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (4)
- Transformative Technologies (1)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (4)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (2)
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
5G and Massive IoT: legacy technologies will bridge the gap for nowFebruary 13, 2019The term “Massive IoT” is an apt description of the enormous number of IoT sensors and devices that will be communicating with one another. According to 3GPP specifications, the 5G standard for Massive IoT will support up to 1 million connected devices for every 0.38 square miles (roughly 1 square kilometer). In comparison, 4G LPWA supports 60,680 devices at the same size of coverage—a far cry from what 5G can deliver.
Silicon Labs’ acquisition of Zentri shows how a semiconductor company can transform itself into a growing IoT companyJanuary 27, 2017On Monday January 23rd, Silicon Labs announced the acquisition of Zentri, a 20-person module and software vendor, for an undisclosed amount. This insight will provide summary and analysis of Silicon Lab’s recent acquisition.
Verizon to launch 802.11ac router with 300Mbps Wi-FiMay 20, 2014Verizon plans to deploy a proprietary router that will support in-home Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps. This router will ship in summer 2013 and will complement the Quantum internet service offered on Verizon FiOS with speeds up to 300Mbps.