Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (4)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (2)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (4)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (17)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (17)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (3)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (41)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (8)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (8)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Critical Communications Broadband Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (9)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (29)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (30)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (49)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (49)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Enterprise Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (8)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (17)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (9)
- MEMS & Sensors Presentations (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (11)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (47)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service for Interxion - Extract (21)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (6)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (9)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (45)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (4)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (24)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (10)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (4)
- Specialty Displays Intelligence Service (4)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (8)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (5)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (6)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (38)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (28)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (34)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (4)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (4)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
Colocation Service & Leadership Strategies Report - 2018December 17, 2018This report summarizes the results of the survey which addresses the state of colocation adoption by medium to large enterprises and how that will change over the next two years. The drivers, barriers, and selection criteria for choosing a colocation provider are also analyzed.Subscribers Only
Study: Energy efficiency in European data centersOctober 16, 2018Much has been written about energy efficiency in data centers, but there has been a noticeable lack of quantifiable research on the topic. For this reason, the OCP commissioned IHS Markit to study which efficiency measures companies have already implemented and what they are looking to do in the future.
OCP European Data Center Energy Analysis Report - 2018October 03, 2018The Open Compute Project (OCP) commissioned IHS Markit to analyze the current and future state of data center energy efficiency in the European market, if and how Open Compute Project equipment plays a role.Subscribers Only
45.4 billion internet connectable devices in 2021 – Changing the future of colocationsMarch 05, 2018IHS Markit forecast internet connectable devices to grow from 27.5 billion in 2017 to 45.4 billion in 2021; a 65% increase in just four years. What does this mean for the colocation market? Well first, it’s certainly a positive driver for colocation revenue growth; however, it’s not the 1:1 ratio many industry enthusiasts once thought. Second, it’s giving colocation service providers a new opportunity to assist with the aggregation and connectivity of new end-points and data sources.
AWS re:Invent 2017: Amazon’s Alexa becomes business savvyJanuary 09, 2018Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) re:Invent 2017 conference was held in Las Vegas, NV, from November 27 to December 1. There were over 43,000 attendees and an additional 60,000 online viewers. Two keynotes featured Andy Jassy, CEO of AWS, and Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon, and there were over 1,300 informational and training sessions available that included demos and customer use cases. Clients, please log in to view the full content.Subscribers Only
Cloud, the Internet of Things, and the Edge – How the colocation market will evolveNovember 09, 2017The market for colocation services is dynamic. It’s marked by frequent mergers and acquisitions, sales of assets, and an evolution of drivers. All of which have led to steady double-digit CAGRs for over a decade. As with so many tech industries, colocation will be changed by its relationship with the Internet of Things. But before jumping into the future, let’s take a quick look in the review mirror.
Direct Current Power in Data Centers Report - 2017June 14, 2017This report provides a current market size analysis and forecast for direct current (DC) power distribution units (PDU) used in data centers.Subscribers Only
Digital Realty to surpass Equinix as North American multi-tenant data center market leader following DuPont Fabros mergerJune 09, 2017Formally announced this morning, DuPont Fabros, a large scale multi-tenant data center (MTDC) owner and operator, will merge with Digital Realty, a global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, in an all-stock transaction, valued at approximately $7.6 billion in enterprise value. This merger will increase Digital Realty’s share of MTDC market revenue from 13%* in North America at the end of 2016 to just over 18% when the deal is expected to close in the second half of 2017.
Machine Learning Report - 2017A Spotlight on GoogleMay 01, 2017A look at how machine learning is becoming more widely adopted and easier to implement; allowing it to transform business processes. The report summarizes Google’s own use of machine learning in its operations as well as the recent release of several services centered around machine learning.Subscribers Only
Colocation data center revenue projected to grow near 10% in 2017April 13, 2017Wholesale and retail colocation data center revenues crossed over the $20 billion mark in 2016 and the current year is already showing promise. Based on recent findings from the IHS Markit Multi-tenant Data Center Market Tracker, growth will come close to 10% for 2017.
Pre-integration of data center rack components is increasingly popularMarch 01, 2017In a recently-released IHS report on the IT rack and enclosure market, global sales through system integrators are forecast to grow at higher rates than any other sales channel through 2020, increasing from $105m in 2015 to $140m in 2020. IHS believes this is indicative of growing customer requests to have accessories and IT equipment integrated into IT racks and enclosures prior to shipment and installation in the data center. This can occur at multiple levels throughout the supply chain, and IHS segments the sales of IT racks and enclosures by IT distributors, datacom/electrical distributors, direct to the end user, system integrators and ‘other channels’ which include IT resellers, valued-added resellers, and e-tailers.
IoT Data Center Impact Report - 2017February 24, 2017This report gives an overview of the IoT (what is it, exactly?), provides a current market size for connected devices, and forecasts growth through 2020. The IHS Markit Cloud and Data Center Research team then explains how the IoT will impact and change the data center market in terms of storage and processing, data center form factors, and data center infrastructure itself.Subscribers Only
Cloud + Colo Companies Account for 40% of All Data Center Space WorldwideJanuary 05, 2017The top 145 cloud and colocation companies are now estimated to account for 40% of all data center square footage worldwide, according to a new study by IHS. This is a remarkable figure given that Amazon’s AWS (the largest provider of IaaS) set up its first data center just ten years ago, in 2006. It was at this same time that Equinix (the top colocation provider) first purchased a data center campus in Ashburn, Virginia, a region that over half of the internet’s traffic now travels through. Cloud and colocation (colo) companies are growing (and building data centers) fast – and it’s changing the data center market in significant ways.
Containerized & Modular Data Centers Report - Market Summary - 2016November 22, 2016A summary of IHS Markit's third edition study on the market for Containerized and Modular Data Centers specially prepared for intelligence service subscribers.Subscribers Only
CenturyLink’s share of colocation market would nearly double following acquisition of Level 3October 31, 2016This morning, CenturyLink Inc. announced plans to purchase Level 3 Communications Inc. for $34B including the assumption of debt, a deal which will expand the telecom service provider’s fiber optic network and high-speed data services. This acquisition would also nearly double CenturyLink’s share of the colocation market from 6% of North American revenues to just over 11%. One major question that arises in the midst of CenturyLink’s efforts to divest its data center assets is, what will this new acquisition mean for the colocation businesses of both Level 3 and CenturyLink?
Edge data center series: Colocations on the EdgeSeptember 20, 2016This is the final analyst insight of a four-part series from IHS Markit in which the Data Center Infrastructure team explores the potential benefits of edge data centers and what they mean for related infrastructure markets. This discussion focuses on how edge data centers are affecting the market for multi-tenant data centers.
Edge data center series: Edge of network needs driving containerized and modular data center adoptionSeptember 15, 2016This is the third analyst insight of a four part series from IHS Markit, in which the Data Center Infrastructure team will explore the potential benefits of edge data centers and what they mean for related infrastructure markets. This insight will focus on how the containerized and modular data center market is being affected by edge data centers.
How will Brexit impact data center infrastructure?June 28, 2016This analyst insight provides analysis on the impact of Brexit on GDP forecasts from IHS' Economics and Country Risk division and the IHS take on how this will impact development of the data center infrastructure market.Subscribers Only
Huawei’s Way: Modular Data CentersApril 19, 2016Huawei is betting big on modular, and it is paying off. The company’s UPS portfolio has transitioned to mostly modular products, and it is also continuing to invest in its containerized and modular data center solutions. IHS is still in the process of finalizing 2015 numbers for the UPS and containerized data center markets, but it looks like Huawei grew multiple times faster than market average.
Multi-tenant data center supplier consolidation driving down revenues in power and cooling marketsApril 06, 2016Everyone talks about the booming data center market – multi-tenant data center (MTDC) space grew 10 percent last year, server sales grew at a similar pace, and cloud services continue to grow at 30+ percent a year. However, IHS has been tracking the data center infrastructure market for over a decade, and sees revenue continuing to fall in several key segments. The figures for 2015 are still being finalized, but it looks like UPS sales were down somewhere between 5 and 10 percent, rack PDU fell about one percent, and IT racks and enclosure sales remain flat.