Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Abel Nevarez (3)
- Alex Kang (2)
- Bing Zhang (22)
- Brian Huh (2)
- Calvin Hsieh (1)
- Charles Annis (28)
- Chase Li (16)
- Chenyu Cui (146)
- Daniel Simmons (1)
- David Hancock (1)
- David Hsieh (45)
- Deborah Yang (2)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Fateha Begum (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (2)
- Hisakazu Torii (29)
- Jack Kent (25)
- James Allison (2)
- Jason Hsu (2)
- Jay Shao, Ph.D. (12)
- Jeff Lin (1)
- Jerry Kang (10)
- John Kendall (2)
- Joy Guo (1)
- Julie-Anne Badier (1)
- Jusy Hong (7)
- Ken Park (26)
- Kia Ling Teoh (3)
- Kimi Lin (3)
- Linda Lin (7)
- Louise Shorthouse, Ph.D. (20)
- Matteo Marchello (6)
- Merrick Kingston (6)
- Nick Jiang (2)
- Nick Parker (25)
- Paul Erickson (6)
- Paul Gagnon (28)
- Paul Gray (21)
- Peter Su (3)
- Piers Harding-Rolls (148)
- Randy Lawson (2)
- Richard Son (2)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Robin Wu (3)
- Sivalingam Muniandi (1)
- Stacy Wu (2)
- Steve Bailey (155)
- Tarika Bheda (1)
- Tay Kim (1)
- Tim Westcott (2)
- Tom Morrod (14)
- Veronica Gonzalez-Thayer (9)
- Vicki Chen (5)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Yoonsung Chung (3)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (3)
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (3)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (130)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (4)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Enterprise Voice, Video & Unified Communication Intelligence Service (78)
- Games Intelligence Service (21)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (23)
- Healthcare Equipment Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Communications Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Industrial Edge Networking Components Intelligence Service - Annual (7)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Linear Motion Intelligence Service - Annual (8)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Mechanical Components Research Package (5)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (5)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (304)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (349)
- Mobile Radio Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (10)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (5)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (3)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (37)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (4)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (24)
- Service Provider VoIP & IMS Intelligence Service (52)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (25)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (77)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (82)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Switchgear Research Package (8)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
Epic Games’ attempt to go fee-free on Google Play indicates disappointing Android performanceDecember 17, 2019In December 2019, Epic submitted Fortnite to be listed on the Play Store, on the condition that it could use its own payment platform and be exempt from Google’s 30 percent fee. Its submission was rejected by Google, who stated that it expects all developers to participate under the same terms.
Call of Duty Mobile had a strong start, but can it go the distance?December 05, 2019Despite seeing record-breaking downloads and high revenue in October, Call of Duty (COD) Mobile entered a post-launch waning period in November. This is not unusual for a new release, but the recent growth of several long-standing titles has created an increasingly competitive environment amongst the top-performers. As a result, COD Mobile has been nudged out of the top 20 for net revenue, despite user numbers remaining robust.
Battle Royale in Q3: Game for Peace dwarfs its competitors as Fortnite on iOS decays for fourth consecutive quarterOctober 31, 2019Following its strongest quarter in Q2, the mobile battle royale segment outside of mainland China is showing signs of weariness. Both Fortnite and Knives Out declined quarter-on-quarter by -26% and -16% respectively. PUBG Mobile and Garena Free Fire – titles which are fuelled by less developed mobile games markets such as India and Brazil - grew at quite sedate rates of 3% and 10% respectively quarter-over-quarter.
Riot Games Lays Out Long Term Growth StrategyOctober 24, 2019During Riot Games’ League of Legends 10th anniversary celebratory stream, the company announced an unexpectedly large roster of new games and its expansion strategy for at least the next 3-5 years. For a company that has been built and focused on one title for a decade – albeit one that has generated $20 billion in revenues according to the company - this marks a major gear change in its ambitions.
Indian ISPs court games publishers to boost uptake of servicesSeptember 26, 2019Indian ISP ACT Fibernet has partnered with the free-to-play MMO developer Wargaming for the introduction of its new “Gaming Packs” – internet plans that are tailored to gamers.
NetEase drives business in Japan while Tencent builds presence in emerging games marketsSeptember 11, 2019The lucrative and established Japanese mobile games market is difficult to crack; partially due to the audience preference for domestic titles and publishers. NetEase, however, has recently found success there with a handful of standout titles, whilst Chinese competitor Tencent is nowhere to be found.
The “Lite” experience: Tencent and PUBG Corp. seek to capitalize on under-served emerging games markets with low-spec offeringsSeptember 02, 2019Tencent’s PUBG Mobile Lite, which is optimized for lower-end smartphones with limited storage, has been in testing in Brazil and the Philippines since late 2018. It was rolled out to further territories in July, including India, where it quickly topped the app download charts.
Top-performing mobile games publishers for July 2019August 13, 2019Tencent maintains its dominance as the highest-performing mobile games publisher according to Priori Data, with $256.8m in net revenue for July. The international version of PUBG Mobile represented $61.9m of this, demonstrating the benefits of Tencent’s recent push into overseas markets following the freeze on games approvals in China.
Playrix generates upwards of $2.3b in app store net revenue since 2016July 31, 2019Playrix was the sixth highest-grossing mobile games publisher in Q2 2019, and one of only three European companies to make the top 10, alongside King and Supercell. According to Priori Data, the Russian developer has generated upwards of $2.3b in net revenue since 2016 through its catalogue of free-to-play mobile titles.
Coin Master net revenue grows 833% year-on-year as Moon Active steps up its monetisation gameJuly 18, 2019Coin Master, published by Israeli company Moon Active, has long been disrupting the social casino scene by offering a multi-layered, social experience. According to Priori Data, it has generated $197.5m in net revenue so far this year, with no signs of letting up. No other title in this genre has come close to Coin Master’s success, which is fuelled by Western markets. The USA, the UK and Germany combined account for 85% of net revenue – with the USA alone generating $116m year-to-date; a 59% overall share.
E3 2019: AMD presents technical innovation and aggressive pricingDual-pronged strategy pressures market leadersJune 27, 2019AMD has announced a new generation of high-performance desktop PC CPUs and GPUs targeted primarily at gamers, and built using 7 nanometer processes. These new products aim to compete more significantly with Intel and Nvidia in the gaming PC hardware market sweet spot, where high-performance sales volume peaks.Subscribers Only
E3 2019: Mobile games afforded increasing coverage from AAA-publishers, whilst Nintendo prioritises SwitchJune 20, 2019Despite the persistent Western aversion to mobile play amongst hardcore gamers, popular franchises continue to make their way to smartphones and AAA-publishers seem increasingly committed to the platform. The focus is on taking established IPs to mobile rather than creating entirely new brands; typically in tandem with a significant console or PC release to boost initial interest.
Tencent's PUBG Mobile sees record $60m net revenue in May following China disappointmentJune 07, 2019Tencent's PUBG Mobile global net revenue surged to more than $60m in May, which represents its best month since launch and ramps up the pressure on its battle royale competitors.
Riot Games builds on esports revenue-sharing initiative with premium viewing serviceJune 03, 2019The Pro View service will be launched this Summer, and will be available for both the League of Legends League Championship Series (LCS) and the League European Championship (LEC). The key feature of the service allows spectators to switch between up to 10 individual player point-of-view streams during competitive matches.
Fortnite Season 9 brings peak daily 2019 net revenue on iOSMay 22, 2019According to the latest numbers from app intelligence company Priori Data, Fortnite has seen its biggest iOS revenue surge since October 2018, generating upwards of $2.8m daily on the release of its latest season and more than quadrupling its daily pre-season net revenue overnight.
Epic expands competitive PC online catalogue with acquisition of Rocket League developer PsyonixMay 07, 2019Industry giant Epic Games has announced that it’s in the process of acquiring San Diego-based studio Psyonix, who develops the very popular vehicular-soccer game Rocket League. The title is one of the biggest cross-platform games, second only to Epic’s Fortnite, and with more than 57 million lifetime players it represents the company’s most significant acquisition to date.
Snap jumps on the social gaming bandwagon: deep platform integration and opt-in ads may boost engagementApril 11, 2019The Snapchat-based Snap Games service allows users to play with their friends in real-time and is inspired by Asian messaging giants WeChat, Line and Kakao. It also follows recent forays into the gaming space by Google and Apple. Integrated text and voice chat functions and the emphasis on casual multiplayer ease the consumer transition from social media to games - especially for the many non-gamers in the existing Snapchat audience.
GDC 2019: Tencent reports mixed results but lays out strategies for maintaining dominanceApril 03, 2019Insight report looking at Tencent's Q4 2018 results and games-related announcements from GDC.Subscribers Only
GDC 2019: Unity expands value-chain role via new partnerships and delivers high-end features as next-generation approachesMarch 21, 2019At Unity’s GDC 2019 keynote, the company announced both improvements to the Unity Engine including numerous tools, and a few new partnerships to consolidate its position as a developer-first platform.
EA’s Apex Legends hits 50 million lifetime players. Is it lights out for Fortnite and PUBG?March 15, 2019EA’s studio Respawn Entertainment announced that its new free to play, battle royale game, Apex Legends, has attracted 50 million players in its first month of operation. It has accumulated this substantial player base across Xbox One, PS4 and PC. The early success of the game has led to comparisons with established battle royale behemoth and market leader Fortnite.