Selected Clear AllAnalyst - Jusy Hong Analyst - Maria Rua Aguete Analyst - Michael Howard Analyst - Sanju Khatri Analyst - Zaker Li Service - Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (7)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (8)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (22)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (27)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (2)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (3)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (4)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (3)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (40)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (4)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (24)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (5)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (15)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (40)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (42)
- Teardown - Mobile Handsets Intelligence Service (1)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (6)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (31)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (35)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Global smartphone market ends 2018 on downturnJanuary 31, 2019With Apple and Samsung both announcing earnings yesterday, following is background information and insight on the 2018 global smartphone market.
Global smartphone shipments declined for the last two consecutive quartersNovember 01, 2018According to preliminary IHS Markit smartphone data, global smartphone shipments recorded a negative year-over-year growth rate for two consecutive quarters in 2018. Shipments totaled 354.8 million units in the third quarter of 2018, declining by 3.3 percent from the previous year.
iPhone Xs Max Costs Apple $20 More in Materials Than Last Year’s Smaller iPhone X, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 26, 2018While most of the components have been upgraded, the physical smartphone design remains relatively unchanged from the previous iPhone X version
Apple moves further into the premium segment with new iPhonesSeptember 12, 2018Apple announced its latest iPhone models today: iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. The company is attempting to create more iPhone options, while moving its whole portfolio further up into the premium segment. Apple has completed its hardware design refresh that started with iPhone X, and moves to an all-notch display line-up.
Xiaomi showcases the Mi Mix 2S – adding wireless charging as one of the first Chinese OEMsMay 17, 2018Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S is the third generation of Xiaomi MIX series. It is positioned as a showcase device for Xiaomi’s R&D capabilities.
Vivo’s X21 combines many major smartphone design trends of 2018March 26, 2018Vivo launched the X21 on March 19th. The flagship device features upgrades in hardware design and display technology compared to the previous edition of the phone, the X20.
Smartphone & Mobile Hardware Analysis - MWC - 2018March 13, 2018This brief report provides analysis on mobile hardware themes, smartphone launches and mobile component trends, based on MWC 2018 held in Barcelona, Spain in February 2018.Subscribers Only
With Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi rolls out bezel-less flagship with global appealSeptember 15, 2017Xiaomi launched the flagship Mi Mix 2 smartphone on 11th September in Beijing, it’s the company’s second generation full screen, bezel-less device.
MWC Shanghai Report - 2017July 21, 2017MWC Shanghai is an Asia version of Mobile World Congress. The scale is much smaller than the event held in Barcelona earlier this year and most of participants are from China. This year, we found that the scale got bigger and more smartphone OEMs joined the event compare to the previous year.Subscribers Only
Samsung seeks to reestablish its reputation for innovation with “infinity display” Galaxy S8March 29, 2017The S8 and S8+ are visibly differentiated smartphones because of their large Samsung displays, tiny bezels, and fast chipsets which all play to Samsung group’s competitive strengths. Samsung’s initial Bixby AI implementation falls short of its goal of being a comprehensive AI assistant because of weak app integration and limited voice compatibility. Provided Samsung can manufacture sufficient volumes of S8 and S8 + smartphones, and has no new reliability issues, the S8 will be a success for Samsung. The strong industrial design will support the Samsung brand and provide a foundation for Samsung’s ecosystem ambitions with VR, Bixby AI, and enterprise offerings.
MWC 2017: Smartphone & Mobile Hardware Analysis -“The eve of the smartphone storm”March 09, 2017Mobile World Congress 2017 was again the event for companies like LG and Sony to show off their flagship devices. This year, however, MWC was as interesting for what was not launched, as for what was unveiled. Key OEMs chose not to launch flagship smartphone models because of chipset availability. Another hightlight of this year's 2017 is the re-launch of the BlackBerry and Nokia brands.Subscribers Only
Galaxy Note 7: Samsung looks for continued momentumAugust 09, 2016Samsung’s latest Note device, the Galaxy Note 7, is the company’s new flagship device. With it, Samsung hopes to capitalize on the momentum gained earlier in the year with the launch of the Galaxy S 7/edge devices. Pricing will depend on the carrier and availability will begin from August 19th.
Samsung S7 range evolution, not revolution, is at the heart of improved 2016 revenuesJuly 28, 2016Samsung announced its Q1'16 earnings results today, 50.94 trillion KRW revenue and 8.14 trillion KRW operating profit which makes 16.0% operating margin rate. The handset business of Samsung has been showing constant growth in unit volumes. However, both revenue and operating profit have declined. Mobile division which includes handset business unit recorded 26.07 trillion KRW in revenue. Operating profit of IM(IT and Mobile) group recorded 4.32 trillion KRW, which makes 16.3% operating margin. This is the highest operating margin since Q3’14.
Mid and Low-end Smartphone drove the shipment growth of SamsungNovember 02, 2015Samsung grew revenue and profit in Q3 2015 on the back of improving mid and low end smartphone shipments. M Business unit which includes smartphone business posted 26.61 trillion Korean won (KRW) revenue in Q3'15. This is up 8% YoY and 2% QoQ. Operating profit was 2.4 trillion KRW, which reflects 9% of margin rate.Subscribers Only