Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (3)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (10)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (5)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (8)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (4)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (35)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (36)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (37)
- MEMS & Sensors Presentations (7)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (41)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (7)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (2)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (3)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (40)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (4)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (24)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (143)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (95)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (155)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (39)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (6)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (7)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (7)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (38)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (36)
Current State of Competitive 5G ModemsFebruary 19, 2019As wireless industry start 2019, we will now see a new batch of competitive 5G solutions offered by the likes of Intel, Mediatek, Samsung LSI and HiSilicon poise to challenge the leading position of Qualcomm.Subscribers Only
Taking the Complexity out of LTE Radio Front End Designs; Qualcomm offers Smartphone OEMs Pre-Baked RFFE SolutionsJuly 23, 2018As the smartphone industry passes its decade-long run being the most popular consumer electronics of all time, the market is beginning to see signs of maturation and slowdown. Smartphone OEMs are now competing on innovations in form factor (i.e. the move to larger and bezel-less displays), cameras (i.e. biometric sensors and computational photography) as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) services...
Whitepaper: Taking the Complexity out of LTE Radio Front End DesignsJuly 23, 2018As the smartphone industry passes its decade long run as the most popular consumer electronics of all time, the market is beginning to see signs of maturation and slowdown. ...Subscribers Only
Will clouds of consolidation rain on the semiconductor industry’s parade of innovation?January 19, 2018This past November Broadcom Limited submitted an unsolicited bid for rival semiconductor supplier Qualcomm in what would be the largest acquisition in semiconductor industry history. Broadcom offered to acquire Qualcomm for...
Antenna Tuning Impacts Entire Smartphone Ecosystem: Enabling a new wave of Innovation and seeding the 5G FutureNovember 02, 2017Over the past couple of years the smartphone has undergone many technological transitions. New technologies have emerged within the smartphone to help enable improved performance with longer battery...
天线调谐对智能手机生态系统产生的影响：掀起新一轮创新浪潮，播种5G未来November 02, 2017在过去的几年里，智能手机经历了多次技术转型。智能手机中出现的新技术提高了电池寿命；激发了工业设计的创新。智能手机内部常作为设备特性列出的应用和基带处理器引人瞩目，而其他部分的进步却鲜为人知。
The Pixel 2 sets the standard for smartphone photography, but will it spark a new trend?October 25, 2017On October 4th Google announced its latest iteration of flagship smartphones with the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL. Like the name suggests, the XL model is a larger form-factor with a bigger battery, a larger screen with...
Apple LTE Smartwatch Benefits Qualcomm and Other SuppliersOctober 11, 2017Last month Apple announced the latest addition to its smartwatch portfolio. The Apple Watch Series 3 is the company’s first to include a cellular enabled option in addition to the more traditional Wi-Fi/Bluetooth flavor. In this...
Envelope Tracking ICs: Increasing Power Efficiency and Other Benefits to the Mobile EcosystemSeptember 27, 2017The battery life of a smartphone is under attack. The Lithium polymer battery in a smartphone simply hasn’t been able to keep up with the growing requirements of demanding users. Increasing screen sizes and...
包络追踪芯片: 能效提升以及对移动通信生态系统的额外福利September 27, 2017智能手机的电池续航能力持续受到挑战。智能手机中的锂聚合物电池容量无法满足重度用户不断增长的需求。持续增长的屏幕尺寸和越来越多的应用场景如在线视频，以及基于摄像头和导航的应用给移动设备的电池续航时间带来越来越大的压力...
Integration and Technology Innovation Provide Opportunity and Drive Mobile RF Front End to new HighsAugust 10, 2017The smartphone is one of the most widespread and versatile devices in the modern world. It has gained immense popularity over the past decade, and now acts as a primary interface with the digital world. In some cases...
The RF front-end: Unsung Hero of the Premium SmartphoneJuly 10, 2017From the earliest days of the feature phone market where devices were used mostly for talk and text to the smartphones capable of download speeds faster than many home Internet connections, there has been one constant...
After early traction in tier one smartphones, how does RF360 compare to its competitors?May 04, 2017A little over two months after formally announcing the launch of the joint venture between Qualcomm and TDK, the RF360 Holdings (RF360) joint venture (JV) is already bearing material fruit. Qualcomm’s RF components such as the QFE4455 are already being found within TDK’s RF modules...Subscribers Only
Spreadtrum powers first 4G feature phone in India, but what does the future hold?April 24, 2017Spreadtrum has announced that its mobile SoC, the SC9820, is powering the first commercially available 4G feature phone in India. The proclamation comes on the heels of a combined $22 billion investment in...Subscribers Only
Qualcomm Bookends LTE product portfolio with budget Snapdragon 205March 22, 2017Qualcomm’s snapdragon 205 brings LTE connectivity to budget phones, indicating the company has not lost sight of the market segment. The latest SoC is aimed particularly at developing markets including India and...Subscribers Only
Can Xiaomi Surge with its own SoC?March 01, 2017At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, along with Xiaomi’s recent announcement of the Mi 5c, the company announced a milestone with the inclusion of its own “in-house” SoC, the Surge S1. The development of its own SoC may help improve Xiaomi’s IP position and unlock increased sales potential for its smartphones.Subscribers Only
MediaTek announces mass production of X30, Helio moves to 10nmFebruary 27, 2017MediaTek has officially announced its newest and most premium focused SoC, the Helio X30. There are many enhancements with the X30 including but not limited to the semiconductor process technology, the CPU architecture...
Qualcomm Extends LTE-A Pro Leadership with Snapdragon X20 ModemFebruary 24, 2017On February 21 Qualcomm announced its second generation gigabit class modem in the form of the Snapdragon X20, a discrete (thin) modem solution capable of Cat 18 downlink speeds (1.2Gbps) and...
In a Mobile SoC world, what’s left for thin modems?January 18, 2017The standalone cellular baseband or thin modem has been one of the most volatile sub-segments of the mobile handset IC market in the past several years. There has been only one major OEM which has consistently used...Subscribers Only
Mobile Processors to the Bleeding Edge as Qualcomm and Samsung usher in 10nm with Snapdragon 835January 18, 2017Qualcomm has recently unveiled the Snapdragon 835, its newest iteration of flagship mobile system on a chip (SoC). This next generation premium SoC should provide a better battery life, more immersive mobile...Subscribers Only