Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (2)
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (3)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (3)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (1)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (13)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (5)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (138)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (13)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (3)
- Command & Control Rooms Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (12)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (9)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (15)
- Critical Communications Broadband Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (18)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (39)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (39)
- Enterprise & Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service (2)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Mechanical Components Research Package (2)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (8)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Radio Intelligence Service (9)
- Mobile Ratio Intelligence for ZTE Trunking Techology - 2014 - Extract (2)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Motion Control Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (3)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (14)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service for Interxion - Extract (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (119)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (3)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (11)
- SDN & NFV Intelligence Service (36)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (4)
- Service Provider Routing & Switching Intelligence Service (24)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (11)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Specialty Displays Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (2)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (6)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (7)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (23)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (8)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (5)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (4)
Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence ServiceSupport product planning and procurement strategies with a systematic examination of the data center rack systems market. This service provides detailed intelligence on the markets for rack power distribution units and IT racks and enclosures. Find analysis by product type, power rating, rack dimension, geography, vertical market, sales channel and application. You also receive topical reports on emerging technologies relevant to the data center industry.Subscribers Only
Cloud and colocation providers drive rack revenue to $1.5 billion and rack PDU revenue to $1 billion in 2018November 12, 2019The global market for racks in 2018 generated annual growth 3.4 percent to reach $1.5 billion in size, while the rack power distribution unit (rPDU) segment expanded by 8.9 percent to total $1.0 billion.
IT Racks & Enclosures Market TrackerOctober 17, 2019IHS Markit is a leading provider of qualitative and quantitative analysis of the IT rack and enclosure market. This tracker analyzes the industry by type of product, dimension, color, geographic region, application, vertical market, and distribution channel.Subscribers Only
Prefabricated Modular Data Centers Report - 2019April 11, 2019A summary of IHS Markit's fourth edition study on the market for Prefabricated Modular Data Centers specially prepared for intelligence service subscribers.Subscribers Only
Modular UPS Report - 2018October 03, 2018This topical report provides insight into the market for modular UPS. It includes written analysis of trends, drivers and inhibitors impacting modular UPS adoption. It further quantifies the market for modular UPS by power rating and major region, also providing regional market share.Subscribers Only
Lithium-ion batteries and distributed compute drive UPS market momentumAugust 27, 2018After the UPS market returned to growth in 2016, momentum continued into 2017 as the market picked up steam, growing at a rate of 3.6% to just under $7.7 billion. The Americas region remained relatively flat in 2017; cloud and colocation growth was subdued as space and power continued to be leased from large buildouts which occurred in 2016. EMEA grew at mid-single digit levels due to widespread growth from cloud and colocation service providers ,on-premises enterprise data center modernization and even industrial applications. Asia grew at the fastest rate, also due to a broad range of applications and end users, notably driven by local UPS suppliers such Huawei, Kehua and Kstar. Global market growth is projected to continue in 2018 and through 2020, at rates of low to mid-single digits. The growth from cloud and colocation service providers will play a big role in that, as well as new trends developing in the data center industry that will affect the growth potential of the UPS market, such as distributed compute and lithium-ion battery adoption.
Unmounted Bearings Database - 2018Mechanical Components Research PackageAugust 01, 2018This 2018 database provides an analysis of the world market for un-mounted ball and roller bearings. The goal of this database is to provide personnel responsible for mechanical power transmission products, including sales, product and strategic marketing managers, with key insights and forecasts related to the strength and direction of the global un-mounted bearings market.Subscribers Only
Mounted Bearings Database - 2018Mechanical Components Research PackageMay 31, 2018This 2018 database provides an analysis of the world market for mounted ball and roller bearings. The goal of this database is to provide personnel responsible for mechanical power transmission products (for example, sales, product, and strategic marketing managers) with key insights and forecasts related to the strength and direction of the global mounted bearing market.Subscribers Only
Machine learning beginning to shape data center infrastructureMay 22, 2018The terms AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning) have become common technology buzzwords. Simply defined, AI is applying traits of human intelligence to computers. ML is a subset of AI, where inputs are mapped to outputs to derive meaningful patterns. Businesses and analysts alike are touting how transformative AI and ML can be, fueled by massive amounts of data from the always increasing IoT (internet of things) ecosystem. While other buzzwords have come and gone without much of a tangible impact, AI doesn’t seem to fit into that category. AI is reaching far and wide, from manufacturing floors to supply chain management, and even to the operation of data centers themselves. Many enterprises are still planning and piloting different AI applications to understand how it can transform their businesses, but data centers are already providing an early use case of a successful AI application.
UPS installed base highlights effects of data center consolidationJanuary 29, 2018The data center industry is thriving – so it would seem. Cloud and colocation service providers top the headlines, citing significant double-digit growth and billion-dollar mergers and acquisitions. But not every piece of the data center puzzle is on cloud nine. Suppliers of centralized data center infrastructure, such as UPS, cooling, and power distribution, remain grounded, as data center consolidation, virtualization, and new design trends have absorbed much of the potential growth of our increasingly digital world. As Cloud and colocation service providers are forecast to continue to grow, while data center consolidation continues, should more turbulent times be expected for data center infrastructure suppliers? Possibly, but developing trends of hybrid cloud, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and edge data center deployments provide hope for a brighter future for these infrastructure suppliers.
The Next Generation of Data Center Deployments Report - 2018Integrating the EdgeDecember 14, 2017This report looks at the trends in "next generation" data center deployments, both for centralized cloud and edge data center locations. It addresses how innovation in physical infrastructure aids in creating more efficient data centers for this new era requiring low-latency, highly secure compute and processing.Subscribers Only
The line between light and heavy industrial UPS products starting to blurOctober 17, 2017The industrial UPS market competitive landscape is traditionally different from the commercial IT UPS one. This is due to the difference in application and environments used in industrial applications. Commercial IT UPS are near commoditization, with the vast majority IGBT-based, on-line double conversion UPS, with few differentiators between products with little to no customization.
Cloud and colocation service providers drive UPS market to return to growth in 2016August 07, 2017After four straight years of decline for the uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) hardware market, 2016 proved to be the year the market returned to growth, at a rate of 1.6 percent to total $7.4 billion. North America and Asia’s markets grew at the fastest rates, led by large investment from colocation and cloud service providers. EMEA UPS revenues remained relatively flat in 2016, as colocation and cloud services providers grew their footprints while other segments of the market struggled. Latin America’s UPS market continued to contract in 2016, as the region’s markets struggle to overcome political corruption and economic uncertainty.
A struggling industrial UPS market faces uncertain futureMay 31, 2017The world market for Industrial UPS in 2016 totaled $1.64 billion, which was a mid-single-digit decline from 2015, according to a recent study from IHS Markit. A drop in oil prices had a negative effect on UPS sales into the oil, gas & petrochemical applications – with particular downturns being seen in Africa, Brazil, the Middle East and Russia (all heavily oil-dependent economies.) In those regions, where entire economies depend on oil, IHS Markit saw declining UPS sales across many applications (power, medical and transportation) as government and infrastructure spend waned.
As Vertiv releases lithium-ion batteries, is it time to adopt?February 07, 2017Austin, Texas (February 7, 2017) – Today, Vertiv, previously Emerson Network Power, announced the release of lithium-ion batteries for its three-phase UPS range in North America. As the current top supplier of three-phase UPS in North America, and the second major supplier to introduce lithium-ion batteries in this product range (the first being Schneider Electric), UPS applications appear to be revving up for an energy storage revolution. Despite the benefits lithium-ion batteries offer, including saving space and weighing less, reducing total cost of ownership (TCO), and easing maintenance, adoption will still prove challenging as safety concerns and a conservative industry will be hesitant to adopt.
After bumpy 2015, 2016 ushers in growth for UPS service & support marketJanuary 03, 2017Austin, Texas (January 3, 2017)—The UPS service & support market declined -2.0% in 2015, resulting in revenue of $2.975 billion. A declining UPS hardware market, economic headwinds and currency devaluation relative to the US dollar were the main contributing factors to this decline. EMEA declined near double digits as the Euro, Russian Rubble and Turkish Lira all devalued significantly relative to the US dollar. The Americas market was relatively flat while the Asian market for UPS service & support continued to grow the most.
Modular UPS Report - 2016September 08, 2016This topical report provides insight into the market for Modular UPS. It includes written analysis of drivers and inhibitors of modular UPS, regional analysis and price comparison to monolithic UPS. It further quantifies the market for Modular UPS by major region and application as well as providing market share at the world level.Subscribers Only
Edge data center series: UPS at the edgeSeptember 07, 2016This is the second analyst insight of a four part series from IHS Markit, in which the Data Center Infrastructure team will explore the potential benefits of edge data centers and what they mean for related infrastructure markets. This insight will focus on how the UPS market is being affected by edge data centers. For an introduction to edge data centers, please see part one of the series, here. The markets still to be assessed are the containerized data center and multi-tenant data center markets.
Edge data center series: IntroductionSeptember 01, 2016This article is the first analyst insight of a four-part series from IHS Markit, in which the Data Center Infrastructure team will explore the potential benefits of edge data centers and what they mean for related infrastructure markets. The markets to be assessed are UPS hardware, containerized data centers, and multitenant data centers.
UPS hardware market contracts 4.3% in 2015, but there is light at the end of the tunnelAugust 03, 2016Austin, Texas (August 3, 2016)—The global UPS market continued its decline in 2015, contracting 4.3% resulting in revenue just under $7.3 billion. Political and economic uncertainties, partially stemming from lower oil prices, have negatively impacted Brazil and Russia in 2015. Brexit has created an economic environment in the European Union riddled with uncertainty and is predicted to have a negative impact on the United Kingdom and greater Eurozone markets through 2017. The Asian UPS hardware market continues to be the lone bright spot, growing further in 2015.