Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (4)
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (1)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (3)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (9)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (106)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (16)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (3)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (43)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (9)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (12)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (42)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (6)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (53)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (53)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (19)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (26)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (13)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (7)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Radio Intelligence Service (26)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (2)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (14)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (2)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (49)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Specialty Displays Intelligence Service (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (46)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (23)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (21)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (41)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (49)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (8)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (2)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (26)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
New Apple iPhone gets juiced-up wirelesslySeptember 13, 2017• Apple finally integrates wireless charging in to the latest iPhone devices • iPhone confirmed to be compatible with Qi standard
Wireless power beyond mobile phones and charging matsJuly 10, 2017• Latest market analysis shows wireless charging in mobile phones is achieving mainstream adoption. • Laptop market is poised for adoption of integrated solutions; and awaits shipment of the first enabled device from WiTricity/Dell. • Other smaller consumer application markets offer great opportunity for wireless charging adoption, with new products already being announced for 2017. • Uncoupled technologies move closer to entering the wireless charging market.
Apple becomes Wireless Power Consortium memberFebruary 13, 2017Apple Inc. became a member of the Wireless Power Consortium. This is the first time Apple have confirmed involvement with any wireless power standard body and points strongly to the expectation that the next iPhone will include wireless charging technology.
Wireless Power in Wearable and Medical Technology Report - 2017February 09, 2017This report covers the key applications in the market and assesses developments over the past 12-18 months. Interviews have been conducted with wireless charging specialists as well as wearable technology manufacturers to help IHS Markit present an accurate analysis of the market. The report also draws upon IHS Markit expertise in the general wearable technology and wireless power markets to form a solid base for forecasts and a credible opinion on potential market growth.Subscribers Only
Magnetic Resonant and RF Wireless Charging Make Waves at CES 2017January 09, 2017With only one week gone in 2017, it’s tempting to say that more progress has already been made in the world of wireless charging than in the whole of 2016, with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas already giving two new product launches from Dell and Energous respectively
Wireless Power in Industrial Applications Report – 2016November 10, 2016The market for wireless power and charging is developing rapidly, with adoption increasing and receiver shipments forecast to exceed 200 million units in 2016 in consumer applications. IHS Markit projects strong growth to continue, especially as the scope of wireless power application expands in to the industrial market.Subscribers Only
Wireless Power Market Forecast Report - 2016Mid-Year UpdateSeptember 30, 2016Wireless power receiver shipments will top 200 million for the first time in 2016, but uncertainty remains over the long-term future of the market. Whilst flagship devices such as the Samsung Galaxy range continue to sell well, the lack of wireless charging on the latest Apple iPhone and the continued wait for the first resonant solutions are slowing down adoption of wireless power overall.Subscribers Only
Wireless Charging Consumer Insights Report - 2016June 30, 2016This is the 2016 edition of the IHS study based on a survey of consumers on the subject of wireless charging. It analyses the key changes in consumer attitudes towards wireless charging technology and identifies four key consumer groups.Subscribers Only
Computex 2016: Less Quick Charge and More Slow Progress for Wirelessly Charged Laptop PCsJune 08, 2016Despite long-held expectations that new wireless charging-enabled laptop PCs would be announced at the recent Computex 2016 event in Taipei, it seems the wait still continues. Even though there were a number of demonstrations and accessory announcements that instilled hope that products might come later this year no specific announcements of production-ready wirelessly charged laptops were made...
Mercedes takes wireless charging up a gearMay 19, 2016• Mercedes-Benz announces wireless charging enabled vehicle • IHS market prediction attested
Wireless Power Transmitter Market Report - 2016April 28, 2016The wireless charging transmitter-to-receiver attach rate grew from 28% in 2014 to 36% in 2015, as the wireless charging market in general saw increased mainstream adoption. Growth in the wireless charging receiver market helped to drive over 50 million transmitter unit shipments in 2015Subscribers Only
Wireless charging headlines from CES 2016January 12, 2016Last week saw the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 kick off the year for wireless power news! The event often creates a lot of hype and always delivers an exciting array of new gadgets and technologies, with this year no exception.
Wireless Charging in Wearable Technology Report - 2016December 19, 2015The wearable technology market continues to rapidly expand, with total unit shipments expected to reach almost 280 million by 2019, driving $43 billion in revenue. In the last 18 months, the market has seen a surge of creativity, particularly with infotainment applications and fitness applications.Subscribers Only
Charging over distance may be closer than we think with new Energous chipNovember 02, 2015On Wednesday 28th October, Energous announced that it has begun sampling its new Radio Frequency (RF) receiver (Rx) power chip. As the world's first high efficiency RF integrated circuit for wireless power reception, the new Rx IC boasts...
Samsung Gear S2 ticks the wireless charging boxSeptember 10, 2015On Monday 31st August, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced its latest offering to the wearable technology market, the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch. The device comes in two different models, the Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic, and is due to start shipping in early October of this year. Both models of the smartwatch come equipped with an inductive wireless charging solution, compatible with the Qi-standard technology...
Wireless Charging Consumer Insights Report - 2015June 25, 2015This is the second edition of the IHS study based on a survey of consumers on the subject of wireless charging. This report is supported by extensive knowledge and projections from the annual IHS analysis of the supplier side of the wireless power market.Subscribers Only
Does the Apple Watch have a Qi charger?April 28, 2015Apple started shipping its new, long-awaited Apple Watch on Friday 24th April. As announced earlier this year, the watch is equipped with inductive charging technology and is being shipped with a wireless charger, based around Apple’s own proprietary MagSafe charging technology. Rumours have emerged over the past few days indicating that Apple’s new smartwatch could be compatible with the Wireless Power Consortium’s (WPC) Qi wireless charging specification.
Apple Watch charges into the wireless power market with proprietary solutionMarch 10, 2015IHS predicts that Apple will ship an estimated 18 million Apple Watches in 2015, driving the increase of inductive (closely-coupled) wireless charging solutions within wearable technology in the short-term future.
Wireless charging coming to Starbucks UKJanuary 21, 2015Following the announcement in June 2014 that Starbucks would install Powermat wireless charging zones in US stores, the company announced this week that it now plans to make a similar roll out in the UK...
A4WP and PMA to join forces, helping to enable wide-spread adoption of wireless chargingJanuary 08, 2015On 5th January 2015, the Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) and the Power Matters Alliance (PMA) announced that both organizations have signed a letter of intent to merge...