Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Africa and Middle East (4)
- Asia (2)
- Asia Pacific (8)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (1)
- China (11)
- Dominican Republic (1)
- Eastern Europe (1)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (9)
- France (1)
- Indonesia (1)
- Ireland (1)
- Japan (2)
- Malaysia (2)
- Mexico (2)
- Middle East (1)
- Myanmar (1)
- North America (9)
- Saudi Arabia (2)
- South and Central America (5)
- South East Asia (1)
- South Korea (5)
- Taiwan (2)
- Thailand (1)
- Turkey (1)
- UK (4)
- USA (16)
- Vietnam (2)
- Western Europe (5)
- World (4)
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (7)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (4)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (5)
- BETA - Cinema Operators Strategic Intelligence Service (5)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (3)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (7)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (32)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (30)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (89)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (89)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Generators Research Package (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (10)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (7)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Prime Movers Research Package (6)
- Process Instrumentation Research Package (4)
- Processors Intelligence Service (4)
- Smart Electricity Meter Intelligence Service (3)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (26)
- Smart Water Meter Intelligence Service (16)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (6)
- Specialty Displays Intelligence Service (5)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (6)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (41)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
Cinema industry in MENA region set to enjoy explosive 74% growthFebruary 10, 2020Although accounting for a mere 1% of the world’s digital cinema screens, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region represents one of the world’s fastest-growing areas for the medium, with local exhibitors dominating the scene.
Cinema Industry Report - MENA - 2020The fastest growing emerging region will increase its screen base by 74% in the next 4 yearsJanuary 09, 2020The growth of the Middle East and North Africa cinema market in screen terms has outpaced that of other emerging regions. With the opening of Saudi Arabia to commercial cinemas, expansion of the industry is set to continue strongly for the next 5 years.Subscribers Only
Media Cohen Group consolidates arthouse cinemas with the acquisition of CurzonJanuary 09, 2020US-based Cohen Media Group has acquired the 46 screens of UK’s arthouse cinema operator Curzon in December 2019. This follows the acquisition 12 months prior of Landmark Cinemas, the leading arthouse cinema chain in the US with 257 screens.
Cineworld to become the largest exhibitor in North AmericaDecember 19, 2019UK operator Cineworld has announced the intention to acquire Canadian Cineplex International to become the largest exhibitor in North America. Cineplex is the largest exhibitor in Canada and enjoyed a 75% market share as at September 2019.
Cineplex Entertainment's popcorn and F&B to connect cinema with VOD audiences at homeDecember 13, 2019Canadian exhibitor group Cineplex has added 130 of its cinemas to the food delivery system SkipTheDishes. The platform's clients can now buy from popcorn to drinks to hotdogs for an in-home movie expeirence, and also can get vouchers to rent a film in Cineplex Store HD for CAD 5.99.
Moviepass shuts downSeptember 16, 2019Moviepass has shut down on the grounds of its inability to recapitalize the company. It can't confirm if or when it will re-establish the service
Kinepolis sets a second foot in the North American market with the acquisition of MJRSeptember 04, 2019Belgian exhibitor group Kinepolis has announced a deal to acquire MJR Digital Cinemas with its 164 screens in the United States for an estimated $151.25m.
AMC to open the first commercial cinema in Saudi Arabia in April after an almost 38-year banApril 09, 2018US Cinema exhibitor AMC, owned by Chinese conglomerate Wanda, has been the first operator to announce the opening of a cinema in the Kingdom since the ban on commercial cinemas was lifted in December last year.
Cinema exhibitors, key stakeholders for location-based VR opportunitiesFebruary 08, 2018The latest report on consumer VR and AR recently published by IHS Markit (January 2018) contains a section on location-based VR which features initiatives by cinema exhibition companies in this area.
Disney agrees to buy Fox entertainment assets for $52 billionDecember 14, 2017Walt Disney Company has agreed to acquire most of 21st Century Fox’s assets, including the 20th Century Fox film studio, most of its cable networks, a 39% stake in European pay TV business Sky and a 30% stake in Hulu. Disney will pay $52.4 billion in stock (subject to adjustments) with 21st Century Fox shareholders receiving 0.2745 Disney shares for each Fox share. Disney will also assume $13.7 billion of net debt.
IHS Markit Disney-Fox Deal Insights and Analyst AvailabilityDecember 14, 2017IHS Markit technology analysts have prepared an analysis about today’s news that Disney has agreed to buy Fox entertainment assets.
Saudi Arabia, a large and wealthy market, opens up to cinemaDecember 12, 2017Saudi Arabia will allow public cinemas to re-open after it banned them more than 35 years ago.
4D market is growing on the back of a deepening of exhibitor penetrationDecember 01, 2017 Subscribers Only
4D market is growing on the back of a deepening of exhibitor penetrationDecember 01, 2017At end June 2017, immersive motion seating (IMS) and 4D cinema (motion seats with environmental effects) in commercial cinemas reached a new peak of 1,219 screens. Following the steep growth of the last two years, the combined market is now 2.8 times larger than it was in 2014Subscribers Only
Cineworld and other large exhibitors draw new scenarios in the cinema landscapeDecember 01, 2017UK-based Cineworld is in talks to acquire Regal Entertainment Group in an all-cash acquisition. Separately, AMC, Vue, CJ CGV and Kinepolis have also suggested M&A moves recently.
South Korean exhibitor CGV sets foot in EuropeNovember 06, 2017CGV has set up a joint venture with a Russian real estate developer to operate 33 cinemas with 160 screens in Moscow - now under development. With this deal, CGV is one step closer to its ambitious target of 10,000 screens by 2020.
IHS Markit publishes Q3 2017 digital cinema dataOctober 30, 2017This third quarter has seen the digital screen base growth rate picking up to almost 2% to reach 164,638 in the territories covered by IHS Markit’s Cinema Intelligence. This follows a weaker Q2 which only saw a 1.4% increase, a large drop from the 2.6% rise of Q1.
PLF Screens Grow by 24% Driven by Global BrandsSeptember 18, 2017The number of digital premium large format (PLF) screens went up by 24% during 2016, reaching 1.7% of the world’s digital screen base - denoting that PLF screens are being deployed more quickly than ordinary digital screens. This report looks at exhibitor and global brands, regional penetration and technology.Subscribers Only
Three viewpoints on MoviePass’ $9.95/month movie-going offer in the USAugust 16, 2017MoviePass, a tech company launched in 2011 and offering cinema-going on a subscription basis, has lowered its price for unlimited films from $50 to $9.95 a month. In response, AMC raised its concerns in a public statement and committed itself to find a way to opt out of the scheme.
Change of winds in Wanda’s film businessAugust 14, 2017Dalian Wanda Group will sell a significant stake in its flagship film project, the studio Qingdao Movie Metropolis. Additionally, Wanda’s subsidiary AMC, the largest film exhibitor in the world, has reported losses for Q2 2017 due to worse than expected box office results.