Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (7)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (5)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (5)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (13)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (83)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (83)
- Gearboxes & Geared Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Generators Research Package (5)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (10)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (1)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (12)
- Prime Movers Research Package (6)
- Process Instrumentation Research Package (4)
- Processors Intelligence Service (4)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (9)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Specialty Displays Intelligence Service (5)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (7)
- TV Display & OEM Intelligence Service (38)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (12)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
The canary in the coal mine for liquid cooling is server shipments with coprocessorsNovember 15, 2018IHS Markit expects liquid cooling to become a more widely adopted solution in the next ten years, with one of the biggest factors in this new perspective being the rise of co-processors in servers.Subscribers Only
Designing infrastructure for the edgeAugust 08, 2018Edge has become an exciting buzzword for data center infrastructure manufacturers. However, for suppliers edge deployments the power required and the location of deployment are the most important consideration for product design, not solely if it is an edge deployment or a not. Below is a plotting of edge applications and solutions based on those factors.
Data Infrastructure Market Microeconomics Report - 2018June 05, 2018This report presents the macroeconomic forces affecting the data center infrastructure market. It highlights the current economic outlook, the percent of the population with access to the Internet, and forecasted IT spend for several regions. It also includes the outlook for the data center infrastructure market in each region.Subscribers Only
Trends led by open infrastructure architectures vendors can leverageMay 07, 2018For many traditional vendors, the market’s move to open infrastructure architecture is frightening. Many vendors see the move to open infrastructure as a driving force of the commoditization of infrastructure components. They fear customers seeking open products will only buy the cheapest IT racks or stop using products, like rPDUs. However, this fear has not materialized.
Rack Level Open Infrastructure Report - 2018March 29, 2018This report presents the current standing of traditional vendors in the open infrastructure market. It covers three leading open infrastructure architectures: Open Compute Project, Open Data Center Committee (formerly Project Scorpio) and Open19.Subscribers Only
The OCP’s community-driven innovation continues to spreadMarch 27, 2018The 2018 Open Compute Project (OCP) Summit was held from March 20 to 21 in San Jose, California, with over 3,000 people in attendance, an audience that has tripled over the last two years. The expo hall was packed with 75 exhibitors ranging from OCP board members Facebook, Intel, and Microsoft to start-up companies like Advanced Data Cooling Technologies, Apstra, Fadu, Innovium, Liqid, Nephos, TidalScale, EdgeCore, Wiwynn, and Wave2Wave. Companies in attendance included industry leading vendors HPE, Dell, Toshiba, Arista, Marvell, Cavium, Nokia, IBM, and Huawei and telecom and cloud providers such as AT&T, Microsoft Azure, Google, and Rackspace. Clients, please log in to view the full content.Subscribers Only
Hyperscale data center owners are driving growth of renewable energy in data centersFebruary 13, 2018Although small data centers have a distinct advantage in using onsite options, owners of hyperscale data centers (i.e., Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook) are driving the growth of renewable energy for data centers.
Vertiv's acquisition of Geist more than doubles their global rPDU market share to nearly 10%February 06, 2018Vertiv, a provider of mission-critical technologies for data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments, a has acquired Geist, a privately-owned manufacturer of rack power distribution units and other data center products. The acquisition more than doubles their global rPDU market share, which officially closed on February 1st, 2018.
Rack PDU market growth in 2016 was strong, followed by a weak first half of 2017November 17, 2017The annual IHS Markit Rack Power Distribution Unit Report reveals that the rack PDU market revenue grew 6.1% globally in 2016, an increase over the 5.8% growth seen in 2015.
IT racks and enclosure market sees first global unit shipment decline in 5 yearsNovember 02, 2017The IHS Markit IT Rack and Enclosure market tracker shows the global IT rack and enclosure market declined 2.0% in 2016, resulting in 1.24 million units shipped. This is the first year in IHS Markit’s five-year coverage of the IT racks and enclosure market that has shown a decline in global units shipped. Unit decline was seen in the Americas and EMEA region, while the market in Asia continued its strong performance.
Renewable Energy in Data Centers Report - 2017October 10, 2017This report gives a general overview of the use of renewable energy in data centers. It covers the current application of renewable energy in data centers, including a quick survey of how hyperscale data center operators are employing renewable energy.Subscribers Only
Legrand leaps to the second-largest owner of rack PDU market shareOctober 06, 2017French industrial group, Legrand, now owns companies that collectively account for 19% of the global rack power distribution unit market. This puts its share almost (but not quite) equal in size to long-time market leader APC by Schneider Electric.