Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Video Surveillance
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (96)
- Advertising (305)
- Automotive Technology (24012)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (118)
- Cinema (591)
- Consumer Electronics (1349)
- Critical Communications (12)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (59)
- Datacenter & Cloud (126)
- Digital Media (1700)
- Digital Signage (20)
- Discrete & Process Automation (71)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (540)
- Display Materials & Components (18)
- Electric Motor Systems (42)
- Enterprise IT Security (11)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (171)
- Games (738)
- Healthcare IT (13)
- Large Displays (640)
- Lighting (78)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (148)
- Managed Services (51)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (134)
- Memory & Storage (210)
- MEMS & Sensors (78)
- Mobile Devices (1032)
- Mobile Innovation (4337)
- Mobile Networks (326)
- Operators & Services (5308)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (54)
- Semiconductor Components (1099)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (9)
- Semiconductor Market (357)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1860)
- Small & Medium Displays (624)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (57)
- Smart Home & Appliances (874)
- Solar (107)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (127)
- Touch & Interface (9)
- TV Media & Content (2112)
- Video (1057)
- Video Surveillance (55)
- Voice & Data Networks (78)
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Critical National Infrastructure CNI Intelligence Service (1)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Security Vertical Applications Intelligence Service (3)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - 2014-2015 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (36)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (35)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (20)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for Bain & Co. Nordic - Extract (5)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for SanDisk - Mar 2015 - Extract (17)
Chinese Manufacturers - The Sleeping Giant of the Consumer Video Surveillance IndustryJanuary 13, 2017Chinese supplier branded consumer video surveillance equipment accounted for approximately 5 percent of US market revenues in 2016. However, the recent explosion of supply and demand for consumer video in the Chinese domestic market is a potential ticking time bomb for US market stakeholders.
Safe city projects will continue, driving Indian video surveillance market growthDecember 20, 2016City surveillance will be the fastest growing vertical market for video surveillance equipment in India over the rest of the decade. This is according to latest forecasts from IHS Markit’s Video Surveillance Intelligence Service which show that this vertical market will grow at an average annual rate of 13% from 2015 to 2020.
Higher Growth for Southeast Asian Video Surveillance Market Than for Other Asian MarketsDecember 16, 2016The Southeast Asian market for video surveillance equipment is forecast to grow at an average annual rate of 7.7 percent from 2015 to 2020. This is higher than the rate forecast for markets in East Asia, India, or Oceania. China is the only large regional market in Asia that is forecast to grow faster. These are according to latest findings from IHS Markit’s Video Surveillance Intelligence Service.
End-user education: The next challenge for video surveillance as a serviceOctober 13, 2016The VSaaS market posted slightly slower growth in 2015 than had been previously forecast. A lack of end-user education is the biggest challenge to VSaaS adoption rates, according to the latest IHS Markit Video Surveillance as a Service Report.
Mixed conditions in the Middle-Eastern video surveillance marketOctober 04, 2016The Middle-Eastern market for video surveillance equipment exceeded $500 million in 2015 and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 8 percent, from 2016 to 2020. Market growth is more than three times greater in the Middle East than in Europe and Africa, making it an attractive market for vendors.
Leading security companies increase market shareSeptember 26, 2016The market share of the top 15 security equipment and services companies accounted for 21.4 percent of the equipment and services market in 2014, growing to 23.1 percent in 2015. According to the latest IHS Markit Physical Security Equipment and Services Report, these leading security companies will further increase their market share in 2016.
Video surveillance cameras installed in Germany to increase 20 percent this yearSeptember 14, 2016According to IHS Markit, more than 800,000 new video surveillance cameras are expected to be installed in Germany in 2016. This will take the total cameras installed in the nation to 5.2 million by the end of the year, which is equivalent to approximately one camera for every 16 people, across public and private installations.
North American security camera installed base to reach 62 million in 2016September 01, 2016The installed base of security cameras in North America is expected to grow from just 33 million in 2012 to nearly 62 million cameras by the end of 2016. However, the security camera product mix is changing.
Service and Maintenance Services Leads Security Systems Integration Market Revenue GrowthAugust 22, 2016The global market for security systems integration reached $60.3 billion in 2015, including not only security equipment sales of video surveillance, physical access control and intruder alarm systems, but also installation and maintenance services. From 2015 to 2020, the services market -- encompassing design and consultancy, installation, and service and maintenance -- is forecast to be the fastest-growing sector of this market.
How Brexit Affects the Security IndustryJuly 21, 2016Should the United Kingdom follow through with its plans to leave the European Union (EU), there could be a number of consequences that filter through to security industry stakeholders.
RESEARCH NOTE - Video surveillance supply gets more concentrated – but not mainly through acquisitionJuly 21, 2016This research note contains information and insight from IHS Markit about market concentration in the video surveillance market.
Growth in the global professional video surveillance market slowed in 2015June 16, 2016The world market for professional video surveillance equipment grew by 1.9% in revenues in 2015 .This is according to recently published estimates from IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), through its Video Surveillance Intelligence Service. This is a much lower rate of growth than in 2014 (14.2%) and 2013 (6.8%).
Konica Minolta to acquire MobotixApril 01, 2016Konica Minolta announced this week that it has agreed to acquire a controlling stake in Mobotix. Konica Minolta is a large technology company which provides office services, commercial printing, and a wide range of other products and services. Mobotix is a supplier of professional network video surveillance solutions.Subscribers Only
Top Video Surveillance Trends for 2016February 04, 2016IHS presents its annual analysis of the top video surveillance trends for the year ahead.
Big, big, big data: higher and higher resolution video surveillanceJanuary 26, 2016In 2013 IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS) announced the rise of HD video surveillance was leading to an astonishing 413 petabytes of data a day produced by newly installed video surveillance cameras. Now, the proliferation of higher and higher resolution cameras means that the data deluge continues to increase.
Johnson Controls to merge with TycoJanuary 26, 2016Johnson Controls and Tyco International announced this week plans to merge, with the deal expected to close at the end of 2016. The deal is still subject to approvals by regulators and shareholders. The combined company will be known as Johnson Controls plc and it forecasts revenues of $32 billion in 2016.
Tough conditions in Latin American video surveillance marketDecember 08, 2015An economic downturn and exchange rate volatility are making business conditions tough for vendors of video surveillance equipment in a number of Latin American countries. As a result, the Latin American market is forecast to decline by 7.7% to $580 million in 2015.
FLIR to acquire DVTelDecember 01, 2015FLIR announced this week that it has agreed to acquire DVTel. FLIR is a supplier of sensing solutions including thermal imaging systems. DVTel is a supplier of professional network video surveillance solutions, particularly for enterprise-segment installations.
Body-worn video surveillance – which is the best storage option for you?November 24, 2015The world market for body-worn video surveillance within law enforcement is growing. In 2014 IHS estimated the total world market for body-worn video surveillance equipment and service in law enforcement was worth $60 million. However, interestingly the service portion of the market will grow to become a larger proportion than the hardware market by 2019, see figure 1, this is according to recently published forecasts from IHS Inc.
Commoditization and the American market for video surveillance equipmentOctober 06, 2015Commoditization and the American market for video surveillance equipmentSubscribers Only